• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

oral b 1000 rebate
Disclaimer
Give 'em something they'll really use. I bought one for my Mom - who is impossible to shop for.

TargetTarget has Oral B 1000 rechargable toothbrush on sale for $37 (Walmart will match this price, but lists it currently at $39 online.

This is a link to download the $15 mail in rebate form. Be aware that the rebate is via Visa card.

Here are the details:
Buy:
One Oral-B® Professional™ 1000, 1500, 3000, Professional Care® Series Dual Handle Pack or Pulsonic Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush(excludes Costco Professional Care® Advantage Dual Handle Pack Professional Care™ 8850, Professional™ 4000, Professional™ 5000, Vitality™, Pro-Health™, Cross Action® Power, Complete Action, 3D White Action, and Refill Heads. Also excludes trial/travel sizes).

Mail:1. This original rebate form 2. Original UPC barcode from the package 3. Original dated sales receipt dated between 11/14/2012 to 12/31/2012 with store name and product purchase price circled.....

Offer begins November 14, 2012 and expires December 31, 2012. Your request must be postmarked by January 31, 2013. Refundable rebate amount is $15.00 US
Dollars via a pre-paid card only. Valid on retail purchases only. Offer limited to US residents only. Limit one submission per name, envelope (except where prohibited) per address.

Member Summary

Oral B Pro 1000
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer

Oral B 1000
Thanks beginner
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I bought this one about a year ago and it has worked very well. I'm pleased with the product and the replacement heads can be purchased on Amazon. I think I paid around $10 for 3 heads, shipped.

I am seeing 39.99 online at Target.

ok... this is an even better deal:
Oral-B Professional Care 8850 3D Rechargeable Power Toothbrush drops from $109.99 to $29.99 at drugstore.com.
Take $15 off that with rebate.

beginner said:   ok... this is an even better deal:
Oral-B Professional Care 8850 3D Rechargeable Power Toothbrush drops from $109.99 to $29.99 at drugstore.com.
Take $15 off that with rebate.
$29.99 - $15.00 = $14.99

Use ShopDiscover for another 20% (15 + 5) off and you're down to $8.99 after rebate!

Count me in.

Warning, Will Robinson!

A version of this deal got posted on SD a few days ago, where it was quickly pointed out that the rebate (the same one which is linked in this thread's opening post) EXCLUDES model 8850.

However...there is ANOTHER $15 rebate, which APPEARS to accept the 8850. At least, there is no language on the rebate form specifically excluding the 8850. That rebate turns up at drugstore.com at this link (cut and paste the following): http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/promo/Rebate_Forms/2013_Q1/Cre...

Despite the mention of any exclusions on this rebate, if you go to the 8850 product page at drugstore.com, you'll find this remark buried in the product description: This item the professional Care 8850 is excluded from all Oral-B mail-in rebate programs. Interestingly the same statement now appears on the 8850 product page at Walgreens.com, where the toothbrush is also on sale.

Looks like Oral-B decided to blow-out the 8850 model, and is now trying to make sure that they don't have to pay any rebate on top of the already low sale price.

The rebate form states:

"excludes Costco Professional Care® Advantage Dual Handle Pack Professional Care™ 8850"

The units being sold by drugstore.com and Walgreens are not this model. Prior to placing my order, I called the Oral-B rebate center and was assured that only the Dual Handle 8850 was excluded from this promotion.

RonR said:   The rebate form states:

"excludes Costco Professional Care® Advantage Dual Handle Pack Professional Care™ 8850"

The units being sold by drugstore.com and Walgreens are not this model. Prior to placing my order, I called the Oral-B rebate center and was assured that only the Dual Handle 8850 was excluded from this promotion.

I don't think that's the correct interpretation of that specific rebate. Before the exclusion clause is the requirement clause:
Buy:
One Oral-B® Professional™ 1000,
1500, 3000, Professional Care®
Series Dual Handle Pack or Pulsonic
Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

The 8850 model is not on this qualifying products list.

However, the $15 mail-in rebate (when you buy $50) hosted on drugstore.com is entirely different. It pertains to Crest/Oral-B/Scope products and has no exclusions. To reach $50, you can buy two 8850 handles if you want. Or the brush heads are on sale and you can purchase some of those.

There's a possibility that the 8850 doesn't generally qualify for mail-in rebates; it's the dental office version of the 3000. However, you could certainly fight P&G because the rebate form has no applicable exclusions. I printed out the drugstore.com promo page and will certainly take it up with them if P&G doesn't pay the claim.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014