• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

1Sale.com
See 1Sale.com discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Barnes & Noble 16GB Nook Tablet (206.90kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

Is this worth buying if you already have a rooted nook color. Can it do alot more rooted?

Jlovey2 said:   Is this worth buying if you already have a rooted nook color. Can it do alot more rooted?
(Edit--changed original post because BiggusDickus's install procedure is more understandable)

I picked up two of these the last time they dropped in price. Be aware that the procedure to install Jellybean is a little different on the NT.
1. Register your NT using stock firmware. 2. Do a google search on "CWM_v6.0.1.5_emmc" and select the one from SD. It should bring you directly to BiggusDickus' post. The only change I suggest is to download the multitouched version of Jellybean found here "http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1966894". Please remember to thank the hard-working folks at XDA who've donated their time and expertise.

Now to answer your question. If you have a rooted NC, you already know "rooted" can do a lot more than "unrooted" (like access to the Google Play store); therefore, I think your question is really about the difference between rooted NC and NT. The NC has a single core processor and is hardware-limited to 2 touchpoints. The NT has a faster dual-core processor. On the rooted NT, there is an application that will let you switch back and forth between standard 2-point controller firmware and 10-point! Having more touch points makes a larger selection of games available and lets you run guitar and piano apps.

I have bookmarked some other threads here on FW that gave instructions on how to root this device; however some reviews i read made it sound like new updates made it so it can't be rooted. Is that accurate? If still possible, is it fairly easy for a newbie to do? I am just interested in having access to apps from the Google play store.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014