rated:

Member Summary

LG Nexus 4 16GB Smartphone (26.44kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG

$799 retail is bs. Sells for $349 from google when in stock.

$349 on google play store..regular price. out of stock though..

A $799 Suggested price which is $450 more than what the phone retails for.

I can't believe DS jacks up the price almost over $100

Supply vs Demand. This isn't a good deal but D/S is justified in charging more for a phone that has been OOS since released 13 days ago.

Also, just because Google is [currently the only vendor] willing to take a loss on every Nexus 4 they sell, doesn't mean the phone retails for $350. And $505 is still cheaper than what any poor soul who bought it off-contract from T-Mobile ($500+tax) paid.

They are always unlocked, the very definition of a Nexus device... And man, does it work way better with the full potential of Android without all the crippling that the carriers place on all my previous Android phones... If only LG saw fit to include a SD slot and a removable battery this would be mobile device perfection...

GWBush said:   They are always unlocked, the very definition of a Nexus device... And man, does it work way better with the full potential of Android without all the crippling that the carriers place on all my previous Android phones... If only LG saw fit to include a SD slot and a removable battery this would be mobile device perfection...

I think you forgot about the existence of the Verizon Galaxy Nexus...

Wasn't LG's choice, Google is putting an end to SD slots going forward.

By the way, I don't believe it has a real 4G connectivity. It shouldn't be advertised as 4G phone.

This is a terrible deal.

stkang said:   By the way, I don't believe it has a real 4G connectivity. It shouldn't be advertised as 4G phone.

It doesn't matter what you believe. The International Telecommunications Union decided in 2010 that LTE, HSPA+, and WiMAX can all be called 4G.

As the most advanced technologies currently defined for global wireless mobile broadband communications, IMT-Advanced is considered as 4G, although it is recognized that this term, while undefined, may also be applied to the forerunners of these technologies, LTE and WiMax, and to other evolved 3G technologies providing a substantial level of improvement in performance and capabilities with respect to the initial third generation systems now deployed.

http://www.itu.int/net/pressoffice/press_releases/2010/48.aspx

stkang said:   By the way, I don't believe it has a real 4G connectivity. It shouldn't be advertised as 4G phone. Actually... LTE band 4 can be enabled with a simple software command. Google it. Pun intended.

stkang said:   By the way, I don't believe it has a real 4G connectivity. It shouldn't be advertised as 4G phone.

Almost 4G doesn't move products off the selves. What do you want to call it... 3G turbo.. It's 4G.. and can do band 4 on LTE.

Be careful when dealing with Dailysteals. I ordered a cellphone from them back on Nov 17, 2012, I still haven't heard anything from them when I will have the phone delivered. I tried to contact them many times through their website to no avail. I will never buy anything from this dealer ever again.

This just illustrates how miserable the Nexus 4 market entry really was. They are for sale all over the place except not on Google itself. Some of those eBay pics show stacks of 4's piled up for sale.

peas said:   stkang said:   By the way, I don't believe it has a real 4G connectivity. It shouldn't be advertised as 4G phone. Actually... LTE band 4 can be enabled with a simple software command. Google it. Pun intended.

Good for canada. not for usa.

JeremyP said:   

Also, just because Google is [currently the only vendor] willing to take a loss on every Nexus 4 they sell, doesn't mean the phone retails for $350. And $505 is still cheaper than what any poor soul who bought it off-contract from T-Mobile ($500+tax) paid.

Source for Google taking a loss on these? First I've heard of it. There is no way Google is taking a $450 loss on every phone they sell.

scoobydooby said:   JeremyP said:   

Source for Google taking a loss on these? First I've heard of it. There is no way Google is taking a $450 loss on every phone they sell.

Who needs a source? Look at the specs on that device and compare to any other handset released recently. Can you find one close to $350 off-contract? How about the fact that there isn't a single carrier/retailer on the planet that has it close to Google's pricing. I'll concede to the possibility Google is selling @ cost, but I really doubt it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014