• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Now that is one beautiful post! Thanks OP!

Thanks OP.

The problem is that there are two different SKUs linked in this thread, and one of them points to a nearly nonexistent item. The first working link (in Quikboy's post) goes to SKU 244299, which appears to be widely sold out almost everywhere; later in the thread, member freakinout links to SKU 125548, which appears to be in stock at many/most stores.

Someone should put the latter link in the Wiki, and/or (better yet) the OP should repair his link.

I was sharing the deal for the 2D LED flashlight, model #ST2D016. The link I'm sharing is to that model on Lowe's. That's also the model on Amazon I'm linking to. Even though it may be sold out online, it might still be in stores: my store had 100 of them last night and they've been on the floor since Fri.

Yes, there's another option for the handheld version for $10.97. That's a smaller flashlight. It was also available in the store when I went:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_244295-76859-IP2209H_0__?productId=10693...

Since they're two different items, they could be two different posts?

Bagofchips said:   These were in the Lowes' BF circular again this year.

Have bought a few over the last couple years, replacing my incandescent units w/ the LED.

Anybody know if the LED bulbs have been improved w/ technology over the last couple years? The LEDs I bought just a couple years ago are great but wondering if today's are even better? You're almost better off just buying a new light -- an aftermarket bulb is almost the same price.

The first D size LED Maglites used a 3-watt Luxeon III LED. I purchased a couple of the drop-in bulb replacement upgrades for my older incandescent Maglites. You could also buy a new Maglite with the exact same LED module factory installed. Interestingly, these still included a regular incandescent bulb in the spare tail cap compartment. A few years later, Maglite changed their size D flashlight design to use a brighter and more efficient Luxeon Rebel LED that was permanently installed. The dimensions of these newer Maglites are slightly different from the older models. I am not certain, but their current product may have yet a newer type LED. So yes, they have improved over the years.

The real experts on all this stuff are at the Candlepower Forums.

Cornelius said:   Bagofchips said:   These were in the Lowes' BF circular again this year.

Have bought a few over the last couple years, replacing my incandescent units w/ the LED.

Anybody know if the LED bulbs have been improved w/ technology over the last couple years? The LEDs I bought just a couple years ago are great but wondering if today's are even better? You're almost better off just buying a new light -- an aftermarket bulb is almost the same price.

The first D size LED Maglites used a 3-watt Luxeon III LED. I purchased a couple of the drop-in bulb replacement upgrades for my older incandescent Maglites. You could also buy a new Maglite with the exact same LED module factory installed. Interestingly, these still included a regular incandescent bulb in the spare tail cap compartment. A few years later, Maglite changed their size D flashlight design to use a brighter and more efficient Luxeon Rebel LED that was permanently installed. The dimensions of these newer Maglites are slightly different from the older models. I am not certain, but their current product may have yet a newer type LED. So yes, they have improved over the years.

The real experts on all this stuff are at the Candlepower Forums.

I was worried last night when I got home and read the Amazon reviews, thinking that maybe Lowe's was selling the old ones. But, the model numbers indicate these are the new model lights - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

johnny42544 said:   You know, it is discouraging to post ANYTHING on here. I have posted several times and someone ALWAYS faulted me with what I did or did not do. This should be a friendly trading info site, it is NOT a college level writing/posting class where I need my wrist slapped. I agree that we do not need reposts, but that is not what I am referring to.

You didn't link your past post as references... J/K

aacook said:   
I was worried last night when I got home and read the Amazon reviews, thinking that maybe Lowe's was selling the old ones. But, the model numbers indicate these are the new model lights - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I doubt that Lowes or any major retailer has any of the old LED Maglites still in inventory, as they were from several years ago. An easy way to identify the first generation LED Maglites in the store, is to check the lower right corner of the package. The old version will have a graphic showing a bulb being swapped out with an LED. The newer models do not have this on the package. The very newest ones should have a graphic on the package showing lumens, throw distance, and run time. Hope this helps.

I'm in for 1 in bellingham WA.
Web site said their out, went to Lowes and they had like 100 or so on display. Nice assortment of colors too!
Thanks

I picked up 4 of these on BF at in Bloomfield CT. The online inventory showed none in stock but they had hundreds on the floor. They were NOT with the other "Gifts under $25" stuff, they were in a center-aisle display in front of the registers.

I had bought 1 last year at HD for about the same price. Amazing flashlight. I visited went to buy 2 more in a different store after Christmas and they were listed around $30 - but they price matched for me.

There are a lot of idiots on this site lately that seem to have nothing better to do than nitpick, make snide comments or simply belittle people for their own shallow, selfish benefit. Enjoy the deals, say thanks to the ones that post and quit being petty.

fatwalletkat said:   There are a lot of idiots on this site lately that seem to have nothing better to do than nitpick, make snide comments or simply belittle people for their own shallow, selfish benefit. Enjoy the deals, say thanks to the ones that post and quit being petty.

Easy tiger.....

it's not petty to ask/expect people to put the price and store name in the title. the original title was something like " Maglite LED flashlight" If anyone was being "selfish" and trying to keep the best deals to themselves, this title would be better for them. Having the OP give more details in the title, actually is better for EVERYONE. This is a HOT DEAL. saying in the title it's available at Lowe's means just about anyone that reads the title has a chance to buy these, and will increase the exposure. Having the details in the title makes it more likely that everyone interested will get a chance to see and benefit from it.

Kudos to the OP for not taking it personal and making the edits.It really is better for all

Thanks! I l picked up 2 of the large flashlights and a few $10 2AA pen lights for stashing around the house

Needed a new one - thanks for the link! Green for you!

ok went in earlier could not find one when i did a search for item 125548. Got one...thanks on his Christmas list

Green OP.

Lowes in SE MI had a TON of these, and GUESS WHAT?

Event though online order confirmation listed a model number with a Rebel Luxeon LED at 108 Lumens, I am 100% certain mine (and the others) are CREE XP-E emitters, bitchez!

I snagged the last black one, but there were about 35 silver, blue and red available, also, all having CREE XP-E emitters.

These are 134 Lumens and show 388 meters on the front of the package. They are one mode (which I prefer, twist flood to throw, and show a run time of 8 hours on 2 D alkalines.

This is an AWESOME, BRIGHT & VERY BEEFY Flashlight, with stainless steel internals (the tail cap coil is massive).

By far my best flashlight score.

Here's how you can tell that the emitter is 100% a CREE XP-E (rather than Rebel Luxeon) - see post #5 in this thread on CandlePowerForums, which shows the two side by side: Post #5: Side by Side; Maglite w/Cree XP-E on left, Rebel Luxeon on Right

Model Number is Maglite T2DNG6.

Let me just say I'm a big fan of the Chinese made el cheapo LED lights like the SIPIK, but those are bright but OVER-EXAGGERATED in terms of Lumens. This Maglite is CONSERVATIVELY estimated at 134 Lumens on REGULAR ALKALINES, and it's built WAY BETTER with a lifetime guarantee, too.

I was never a fan of Maglite. Now that they've upped their game, I am now.

I should have bought 3 more of these.

p.s. Home Depot appears to sell the model Lowe's advertised, also, and it's designated as the same one as the Lowe's online order model I DID NOT receive (thankfully), and if you look at the packaging, it's not the same lesser specs (114 Lumens, 9.1 hour run time, 298 meter throw) than the CREE XP-E, for $32, so I'm wondering if that's the Rebel Luxeon.

Home Depot

Maglite Gray LED 2D Flashlight
Model # ST2D096 Internet # 202548494

$31.31 /EA-Each

I thought about buying some, but Costco sells these in the local stores for around $25 or $30 regularly:

macosx said:   I thought about buying some, but Costco sells these in the local stores for around $25 or $30 regularly:

Yes, but that 2D isn't as bright, have the older Rebel Luxeon diode, and not the Cree XP-E.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014