• Text Only
I bought the htc one v couple of months ago. Its flashed to page plus minus the data, spc/msl unlocked. I used cdma workshop to flash it. QPST to update the prl file. Go to howard forums alot of info to flash a Sprint/virgin phone.

Hrrrm, I didn't get FW CashBack even though I clicked through on the link.

Fails

kent10280 said:   Is this a cdma or gsm phone ?
Virgin Mobile is on CDMA. So, I assume this is CDMA-only.

ELCHEAPODUDE said:   I bought the htc one v couple of months ago. Its flashed to page plus minus the data, spc/msl unlocked. I used cdma workshop to flash it. QPST to update the prl file. Go to howard forums alot of info to flash a Sprint/virgin phone.

To clarify, data still doesn't work?

Or were you able to get data working after you flashed?

Does anyone know if this can be used on a Sprint network? My phone is dying and need a replacement until my contract period ends.

manmadhudu said:   Does anyone know if this can be used on a Sprint network? My phone is dying and need a replacement until my contract period ends.

Only for Virgin Mobile. Bought one this morning and $17.50 CashBack shows pending already! Nice xmas gift.

my old phone is a plam pixi plus verizon phone that i used on page plus it has 3g on it, i need to unlock my pixi to get the ha aaa sercet keys to tranfer to the htc one v for 3g data. or a donor phone from verizon/pageplus. the update prl from the phone will not work on Sprint/virgin phones you manual update it.

Doesn't look like it has hdmi out.

no hdmi, it has micro sd slot on bottom of phone its also the the phone antenna if you remove the door.

How did you get $17.50 back? fatwallet only has $5.

Do we have to take a contract if we buy this phone?

FYI everyone this does NOT have to be activated on Virgin Mobile's service unless you want it to be.

1) This phone can ONLY be used on Virgin Mobile if you want to activate it. No Page Plus, no Verizon, no Sprint, no ATT, no Straight Talk NOTHING else. This would only be possibly with flashing which we are not going to talk about here.
2) This phone does have a sealed battery but I have personally sold two dozen of them never had a problem with the battery as of yet.
3) This phone is running Android 4.0 I have had a pretty easy time to mod & use rom's on the device.

Feel free to ask any more questions.

I ordered one. Will Foxfi work on this model? It still does on my optimus v without limitations. I would like to transfer service to the new phone but wouldn't want to disable or limit foxfi.

talk about an ipod killer - 8GB cards are about $8 and this phone with BEATS AUDIO for $50???? what a deal!

I was thinking about buying one of the samsung galaxy mp3 players this weekend as they were on sale at best buy, glad i held out!!!

thanks OP for the heads up!

How much of an upgrade is this over Optimus V?
I have two on the 35 VM plan-one of the kids complains about her V it "just doesn't work"(she just wants an iphone-not going to happen) mine works fine and hers has been factory reset a couple times-I've used it with no problems

got in on one. coverage here is iffy, bought a Optimus V last year at Target, had 1 bar. I can always return in 30 days, but hoping the coverage got better. Great deal! Still waiting for CashBack notice.

WindWalker said:   How much of an upgrade is this over Optimus V?
I have two on the 35 VM plan-one of the kids complains about her V it "just doesn't work"(she just wants an iphone-not going to happen) mine works fine and hers has been factory reset a couple times-I've used it with no problems

I will give you $5 shipped for the Optimus after you buy her the iPhone.

rushhound said:   WindWalker said:   How much of an upgrade is this over Optimus V?

I will give you $5 shipped for the Optimus after you buy her the iPhone.

do you want hers or the unopened brand new spare we bought as a just in case backup

I'll tell you what I've told her wrt iPhone- start holdin your breath

did anybody get the order confirmation email? I haven't received mine yet. been almost an hour now.

Confirmed on the Cash Back: I purchased 3 for the family, and I just got my Cash Back confirmation that I'm getting $52.50 back. 3 for price of 2, and they're already $100 off! $17.50 per phone, so they're processing the Cash Back on the original price. Killer deal!

Great deal. In for one! Thanks, OP!

Please keep in mind, the Cash Back you see initially is based on what Virgin Mobile has initially reported to us. They very well may send corrective reporting. If they do, Cash Back will be adjusted accordingly.

So, while you may see $17.50 right now, they very likely will send updated reporting to make the Cash Back $5 (which is the advertised Cash Back amount for a $49.99 phone)

fatmimi said:   How did you get $17.50 back? fatwallet only has $5.

So, does this deal get $17.50 cb confirmed? Looking to get it as a wifi only device for my son.

Thanks,
gard

Don't make this purchase based on the idea of getting $17.50 Cash Back. Count on $5. If you get more, bonus!

Cannot even place an order. Tried 4 different CC's with same result. Charges show up on CC's then refunds. Pissed now!! Might just do 1,000 orders just to make them WORK.

Forgot. What does Paypal charge if I purchase through them?

Thanks

I am a GSM guy and have no experience with CDMA. It appears Sprint has much better coverage than Virgin. If so, can this phone be used on Sprint network? What are the pros and cons? TIA

You are right, Bagger. Considering hawpi's comment right above, that makes sense.

Can I install talkatone or similar voip app and make free calls over wifi with this?

ELCHEAPODUDE said:   I bought the htc one v couple of months ago. Its flashed to page plus minus the data, spc/msl unlocked. I used cdma workshop to flash it. QPST to update the prl file. Go to howard forums alot of info to flash a Sprint/virgin phone.

Appreciate if you could provide a more direct link. Tried searching for instruction to flash to pageplus and couldn't find anything more than "
go to howard forums".

I bought it an hour back by clicking FW link. VM account shows order as "Pending". No Cash Back in my FW account so far.

stardent said:   I am a GSM guy and have no experience with CDMA. It appears Sprint has much better coverage than Virgin. If so, can this phone be used on Sprint network? What are the pros and cons? TIA

That's not possible because Virgin Mobile is on the Sprint Network!!!!!!

I used to have Virgin Mobile and the coverage was AWFUL. The only place I would get coverage was at my home, it rarely worked anywhere else. So unless you live in the smack middle of a large city, you would be better off with AT&T or Verizon.

For example, you can get AT&T and Verizon on Straight Talk & Net10 for $45/month for unlimited everything. That's what I am using and it's far superior to Virgin Mobile.

But I did buy the HTC One V to use with the hotspot I have with Net10.

Tried to search HowardForum to no avail. Links on how to flash to PagePlus? I would not mind it without data service - I just need to make calls, texting, and wifi internet. Thanks

robasha4 said:   
IIRC you will receive a $5 discount if you set up CC for payments. So $25 up to $30 isn't so bad.

As far as I can tell, the $5 discount applies only to iPhones. Could you provide the link that shows it available for all phones?

If these could reliably be flashed to PagePlus that would be perfect. Verizon's 3G coverage in my area absolutely kills Sprint's 3G, not to mention voice coverage. The $30 1200 PagePlus TnT plan would work out well for multiple family members who like to actually TALK on their phones.

Is this a GSM phone and can it be used overseas?

nitrags said:   Is this a GSM phone and can it be used overseas?

just lookup a few posts before this. Has been answered there.

Once again, this is a CDMA phone and would have to be flashed in order to make it work for other networks.

Hi where is the link for 17.50 Cash Back on one phone?

can this be used on my assurance wireless account

Lol, gotta love all the silly questions that come up whenever something like this is posted. I'm guessing some people live very rough lives...

Got $17.5 CashBack from FW - great !

Just won't let me order! 5 different CC .

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014