• Text Only
I am worried about Virgin Mobile service. Is it very bad?

robasha4 said:   IIRC you will receive a $5 discount if you set up CC for payments. So $25 up to $30 isn't so badOnly valid on the IPhone

Virgin Mobile network is a SUBSET of Sprint Network which has good coverage in the major cities, not so good in rural areas.

StinkPot said:   I am worried about Virgin Mobile service. Is it very bad?

lemonhead said:   talk about an ipod killer - 8GB cards are about $8 and this phone with BEATS AUDIO for $50???? what a deal!

I was thinking about buying one of the samsung galaxy mp3 players this weekend as they were on sale at best buy, glad i held out!!!

thanks OP for the heads up!

Same thinking here. I am stucked with 2 Optimus V on $25 plan. So I am buying two for spare and use them as MP3 players/ internet browsers.

kent10280 said:   Is this a cdma or gsm phone ?

cdma

Quick question for someone who might know. Let's say that I flashed it to page plus. Could I use this phone with their standard plan (pay per minute) ? Or does it have to be on one of the other plans such like $29.95/month ? Thanks

koulouty said:   ELCHEAPODUDE said:   I bought the htc one v couple of months ago. Its flashed to page plus minus the data, spc/msl unlocked. I used cdma workshop to flash it. QPST to update the prl file. Go to howard forums alot of info to flash a Sprint/virgin phone.

To clarify, data still doesn't work?

Or were you able to get data working after you flashed?

Paid via Paypal. Forgot about the Paypal holidays promotion. Now I can return without paying as Virgin will charge for return. Thank you Virgin for NOT taking ANY of my CC's.!

Thanks OP.

Got one ...Finally got it work!!! Thank You!!!

i didn't even know about a paypal promo....but alas, since i paid with my AMEX, i get a few other bene's that are similar in nature.

I've read all the posts, and I see it mentioned about flashing, but nothing concrete. Can this be flashed to use on Verizon or Sprint? if it can be done, a link to where one might get started would be greatly appreciated.

will this work for tmobile?

I purchased thru the CashBack link. Is that all that is required to recieve the CashBack? Should I get notification of it and if so when?

Thanks

GOT 1 THANKS GREAT DEAL

how long should it take to receive an order confirmation?

Ordered 20 minutes ago.

Wouldn't add to cart at first then got order through after several attempts, paid with PayPal, have no confirmation yet and order number does not show in their system.

How long before you received confirmation?

T-Mobile has a GSM network, Virgin Mobile CDMA. T-Mobile is buying MetroPCS which runs a CDMA network. But MetroPCS is being absorbed into T-Mobile's GSM network within the next 2 years. So the short answer is NO.

atli126 said:   will this work for tmobile?

Gethome said:   Ordered 20 minutes ago.
How long before you received confirmation?

I ordered 4 hours ago, still says Pending on their (flakey) Order Status page, no email confirmation yet.

nitrags said:   Is this a GSM phone and can it be used overseas?

No and No.

I have a bad feeling that this Virgin Mobile web commerce site is messed up. There will be some disappointed customers.

My 5:15am EDT order status is "Submitted." The Status of my second order at 10:30am EDT is "Pending." Although Fatwallet has "reported" both transactions, they are meaningless until Virgin Mobile has actually completed the transactions.

I bought a HTC Evo V on Friday last week and received absolutely no confirmation. I just got an e-mail today stating that it shipped.

pimba02 said:   how long should it take to receive an order confirmation?

People on SD said will not receive email confirmation YMMV. Again, that's why Palpal will insure my purchase.

Check online. Mine shows Pending.

Just read it from SD, some of the orders have been canceled. Some people think this sale is limited to 1 per customer

Asked Amazon to PM to Virgin earlier today. Now at $49.99

Link

Very good reviews on this phone
http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/18/2950522/htc-one-v-review
http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/13/htc-one-v-review/

I am buying it mainly to install games on Android, use it as a hi def 720p camera, play mp3 and video files and lastly as a cheap wifi device. Not going to be subscribing to any plans.Will Virgin come after me if I don't buy any minutes/plans etc??

Ordered one from my iPad using my AMEX card... Went thru fine.. Just got the charge confirmation from AMEX... So All's well so far

Amazon has it for the same price.
link

nm...LocalMotion got there before me!
In fact Amzon does not charge Tax for me...Canceled on Virgin and placed 3 on Amazon

Folks don't forget the 5% Cash Back from discover card for all online purchases!!

you can use standard plan or monthly. I go to calling mart for the refills.

yamakasi said:   Quick question for someone who might know. Let's say that I flashed it to page plus. Could I use this phone with their standard plan (pay per minute) ? Or does it have to be on one of the other plans such like $29.95/month ? Thanks

koulouty said:   ELCHEAPODUDE said:   I bought the htc one v couple of months ago. Its flashed to page plus minus the data, spc/msl unlocked. I used cdma workshop to flash it. QPST to update the prl file. Go to howard forums alot of info to flash a Sprint/virgin phone.

To clarify, data still doesn't work?

Or were you able to get data working after you flashed?

Bought a Kyocera Rise from target on BF for $30. Is this better? Both are Android 4.0 phones for Virgin.
Rise has a keyboard but that is not a requirement.

bsam6463 said:   Very good reviews on this phone
http://www.theverge.com/2012/4/18/2950522/htc-one-v-review
http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/13/htc-one-v-review/

I am buying it mainly to install games on Android, use it as a hi def 720p camera, play mp3 and video files and lastly as a cheap wifi device. Not going to be subscribing to any plans.Will Virgin come after me if I don't buy any minutes/plans etc??

I would not think so. They might find a way to hose the phone remotely, but I really doubt it would happen. If you made a habit of buying prepaid phones and never activating, you might get put on a sh@t list at virgin, and maybe if you do decide to activate, they might impose a "late activation fee" or worse, blacklist the phone. But as for paramilitary types kicking in your door and hauling you away at gunpoint, I think that is not going to happen.

You did pay your taxes, right?

use cdma workshop to unlock.

PromoJake said:   is it easy to unlock?

I have a 25 dollar account deal .. will I be able to keep it with this phone?

StinkPot said:   Amazon has it for the same price.
link

In fact Amzon does not charge Tax for me...Canceled on Virgin and placed 3 on Amazon

Me too! No waiting for processing or shipping. Prime on Wed. CC 1yr warranty extension. Free to return to Amazon. Discover 5% too. WIN!

Sorry FW CashBack but...

cdma

Got one in case anything happens to my HTC EVO and got rid of the insurance on my current phone. Great deal!

StinkPot said:   Amazon has it for the same price.
link

i do get charged tax on Amazon now, plus big CB for Virgin Mobile no?

What would be the advantage of flashing it to PP for example when compared to the $45 VM (1200minutes/unlimited text & Data) plan?

anndesikis said:   I have a 25 dollar account deal .. will I be able to keep it with this phone?

anyone?

Had 40 pending charges on various CC's. Hope they charge Virgin/Sprint for EVERY charge. Why, took me hours to get this deal when it should have taken a minute!

Checked online and order now changed from Pending to Cancelled.

wiredspider said:   Jes1 said:   I just received my first Cash Back Update for one of the phones I ordered today.
Says I will be receiving $17.50 Cash Back on one phone.
I thought it was $22.50.
Why the change??

UP TO

Cash Back Amount

$5.00 on phones up to $49.99
$12.50 on phones $50-$149.99
$17.50 on phones $150-$199.99
$22.50 on phones $200+
$12.50 on iPhones

so are we going to get 5 or 17.50? 2nd, most 2 phones be purchased separately to maximize?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.