• Text Only
hawpi said:   Please keep in mind, the Cash Back you see initially is based on what Virgin Mobile has initially reported to us. They very well may send corrective reporting. If they do, Cash Back will be adjusted accordingly.

So, while you may see $17.50 right now, they very likely will send updated reporting to make the Cash Back $5 (which is the advertised Cash Back amount for a $49.99 phone)


From staff.

That's why cancelled and ordered from Amazon. Better value and will get my product Wed.

Why do you have 40 charges? Maybe that's why they canceled your order.

ScoobySteve said:   Why do you have 40 charges? Maybe that's why they canceled your order.

I cancelled the order after I ordered from Amazon. Had sooooo much trouble placing an order online with multiple CC's. Finally, used Paypal to place an order. But, EVERY order went through to the CC used then credited.

20% savings if you buy from Amazon AND participate in the Coin Star promo going on, starts today!
Deposit $40 get $40 plus $10 certificate.

LocalMotion said:   hawpi said:   Please keep in mind, the Cash Back you see initially is based on what Virgin Mobile has initially reported to us. They very well may send corrective reporting. If they do, Cash Back will be adjusted accordingly.

So, while you may see $17.50 right now, they very likely will send updated reporting to make the Cash Back $5 (which is the advertised Cash Back amount for a $49.99 phone)


From staff.

That's why cancelled and ordered from Amazon. Better value and will get my product Wed.


I see. I still went w/ Virgin Mobile. not in a hurry for phone and Amazon charges tax too. zero compelling reason for me to return phone as i could easily sell it.

fak.. amzn really jacked me w/ cali tax; don't even shop thr a fraction as much anymore.

anyway, see no CB reported. how long does it usually take folks. i swear i have sh1t for luck w/ CB; RIP Bing

since i saw no indication that Virgin Mobile had my order (website couldn't find it) i ordered through Amazon.

nyseGUY said:   20% savings if you buy from Amazon AND participate in the Coin Star promo going on, starts today!
Deposit $40 get $40 plus $10 certificate.


Even better!!

nyseGUY said:   20% savings if you buy from Amazon AND participate in the Coin Star promo going on, starts today!
Deposit $40 get $40 plus $10 certificate.
link? may cancel Virgin Mobile for that as pretty sure I'll get $5 per ph. at best.

ordered 3 with FSS, great little media player with Skype and Groove Ip No need for stinkin' VM service.

Looks like VM is back this year with another killer Cyber Monday deal. Last year many of us got in on the Motorola Triumph
for about 60% off. This year's deal is even better. $50 for that phone is a steal. I won't be buying one only because I'd
like to keep my Triumph and its $25 plan for at least a couple more years. Based on the past 3 years, I expect another killer
dead for Cyber Monday 2013 and 2014. Would be great if T-Mobile would also offer these huge discounts on Cyber Monday

NO SIM, locked to VM, no need to activate. Just use wifi, bluetooth streaming and video camera with Skype and GrooveIp etc. Can't beat this deal. I went through Amazon with fSS, can't stand VM webpage and support.

Is VM that bad? Read good things. I wouldn't buy a phone for no service personally (find it pointless for my usage); looking to transfer from Sprint and use this for ~6 months, then maybe hop on nexus 4 - Simple Mobile bandwagon. But as it stands this phone plus $30mo per line/unl 3g (auto pay) seems HAWT.

Page Plus is garbage for data plans.

GD it. can't find this coinstar info... LINK?!

https://www.coinstar.com/specialoffers.aspx


????

How long does it take to recieve CashBack?

hakujin said:   But as it stands this phone plus $30mo per line ... (auto pay)No auto pay discount with this phone

Amazon says sold out!

Alcibiades said:   hakujin said:   But as it stands this phone plus $30mo per line ... (auto pay)No auto pay discount with this phonedag... i guess still not bad; using same network as i am now; but 70 total vs 100 (and that's with 25% discount)

cherry3m said:   Amazon says sold out!

+1. Just confirmed. OOS!

hakujin said:   Is VM that bad? Read good things. I wouldn't buy a phone for no service personally (find it pointless for my usage); looking to transfer from Sprint and use this for ~6 months, then maybe hop on nexus 4 - Simple Mobile bandwagon. But as it stands this phone plus $30mo per line/unl 3g (auto pay) seems HAWT.

Page Plus is garbage for data plans.



VM is really that bad. When I first got it 2 years ago, the service went down for an entire week. VM blamed the phone even though it worked everywhere else except in my area. When I asked for credit for the week I had no service, the operator agreed to do it once I received a replacement phone. When I called back to activate it, they flatly refused to honor the credit.

VM has tons of outages that lasts hours all the time. If you live in a rural area like I do, it will not work in most places even though AT&T and Verizon work fine.

The only reason I kept it was because it was $25/month for unlimited data and worked as a hotspot. This was a great bargain as I used 15-20GB a month. But once they put a limit of 2.5GB, I canceled my service and went with Verizon on Net10.

Use befrugal . com for $10 Cash Back at VM

Thanks OP got one for my daughter for Christmas. The order page says it's on backorder, I hope not for too long.

hakujin said:   

I see. I still went w/ Virgin Mobile. not in a hurry for phone and Amazon charges tax too. zero compelling reason for me to return phone as i could easily sell it.

fak.. amzn really jacked me w/ cali tax; don't even shop thr a fraction as much anymore.

anyway, see no CB reported. how long does it usually take folks. i swear i have sh1t for luck w/ CB; RIP Bing


Yeah, I am sure Amazon really wanted to start collecting taxes in CA. You can blame your elected officials in Cali for that.

I tried to placed the order using paypal twice. Finally it says there is nothing in your cart. no charge to my paypal.
it seems to be out of stock?

I am pretty sure it's cdma.
kent10280 said:   Is this a cdma or gsm phone ?


In 4 one, this will become my new GPS, load maps & destinations via WiFi,
GPS satellites do the rest - my cranky MIO went tits up today.

How good your phone/network service is depends on you location, around me Princeton/Philly/Wilmington
Sprint is excellent, almost never a dropped call. VM should be equivalent, except it probably
doesn't roam to Verizon. YMMV
...Will bet that VM will be shouting about it's great 4G service by next Fall.

Been like 12 hours no order history when checking order status.

VM sucks so bad.

Didn't order from Amazon cause they charge sales tax and no CashBack. But their CS is the best!

No big loss..... VM is awful anyways.

In for 1 thanks OP!

Appelski said:   In 4 one, this will become my new GPS, load maps & destinations via WiFi,
GPS satellites do the rest - my cranky MIO went tits up today.

How good your phone/network service is depends on you location, around me Princeton/Philly/Wilmington
Sprint is excellent, almost never a dropped call. VM should be equivalent, except it probably
doesn't roam to Verizon. YMMV
...Will bet that VM will be shouting about it's great 4G service by next Fall.



Well, expect lots of dropped calls and outages.

VM may be on the Sprint network but they treat prepaid customers as second class citizens. If you don't believe me, go to Howards forum and they have an entire thread dedicated to outages which is like 2 years old.

I ordered last night and they shipped with FedEx already..

I have VM for almost 2 years now. They are quite reliable in San Francisco Bay Area..

I've had VM for a few years now and it's fine in Buffalo.

maydepot said:   Appelski said:   In 4 one, this will become my new GPS, load maps & destinations via WiFi,
GPS satellites do the rest - my cranky MIO went tits up today.

How good your phone/network service is depends on you location, around me Princeton/Philly/Wilmington
Sprint is excellent, almost never a dropped call. VM should be equivalent, except it probably
doesn't roam to Verizon. YMMV
...Will bet that VM will be shouting about it's great 4G service by next Fall.



Well, expect lots of dropped calls and outages.

VM may be on the Sprint network but they treat prepaid customers as second class citizens.
If you don't believe me, go to Howards forum and they have an entire thread dedicated to outages which is like 2 years old.

I believe, tried Family Talk. This HTC will never activate on VM.
It's a good $50 GPS, while real phone used for conversation.
Cheers!

I made a rookie mistake of not clicking Cash Back link for the first order. Hope I will be able to cancel.

Made second order with Cash Back link. Hoping to use this as alternative to ipod touch.

Would someone mind helping me out? I am new to the Cash Back thing. Just wondering if I did it wrong.

I went to the "Coupons and Cash Back Page", found Virgin Mobile and clicked on the green "Shop Now" button.
Ordered the HTC One V...this was around 3pm CST but still nothing shows for "pending" on Cash Back.
Did I do something wrong??

Thanks

been on Sprint for a few years; don't expect this to be any different. 1st thing I'll do is root the phone (instructions provided at xda) and remove the bloat; may consider flash to other CDMA carrier at some point. these two phones will just allow me to update from your Relic Hero and Moment, and provide nice transition to Nexus 4 or better via another MVNO

rushhound said:   hakujin said:   

I see. I still went w/ Virgin Mobile. not in a hurry for phone and Amazon charges tax too. zero compelling reason for me to return phone as i could easily sell it.

fak.. amzn really jacked me w/ cali tax; don't even shop thr a fraction as much anymore.

anyway, see no CB reported. how long does it usually take folks. i swear i have sh1t for luck w/ CB; RIP Bing


Yeah, I am sure Amazon really wanted to start collecting taxes in CA. You can blame your elected officials in Cali for that.


no, they fought it actually; i'm not pinning blame on them; sorry if you misread that. but it does affect my shopping habits. happening in a alot more states now. amzn is getting pretty expansive, though how it translates to their unrealistic uber high valuation is beyond me.

in for 1 just for the helluva it. shows backorder expected ship date 11/28. not sure if this was the original date or what. we shall see. i have the One X on ATT and its an awesome phone. many uses for this phone

20 minutes after the order was placed, i received an email stating:
Hello josney,
A total of $17.50 Cash Back has been reported to us today

in for 2, will use it as a mp3 player.. beats audio..

I'm going to use this for the WIFI so I have something to play with while in the crapper. Can't beat that for $50!

Do you get 17.50 for sure ? Becuase thats a really good deal



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.