• Text Only
All phones have shipped FedEx. Scheduled for delivery Monday. Thanks OP!

Mine shipped as well after being "submitted" for three days. Thanks so much, OP!

hawpi said:   If your order doesn't report to your account, but ships and you receive it, then yes, do send in a CB support ticket. When you view your CB click history, the button to submit a request will be available 2 weeks after your click. If your order has not shipped at that time, we won't be able to investigate yet. Please keep your order confirmation, as well as your shipment confirmation, as both may be needed to do an investigation.

If you used the link in the OP of this thread, that is not a Cash Back eligible link, so you will not get a CB update

good to know; i used the Virgin Mobile link from Cash Back stores, and both phones shipped. still perplexed why experience is never uniform whereas it always was with Bing, eBates, Big Crumbs et al.; many years a member, but took me until now to ask, lol.

Anyway, will fill out the monotonous support form in due course.

"monotonous support form" the GOOD news is we made this MUCH more user friendly a while back. You click on the support button next to your click ID, and it prefills quite a bit for you.

The not uniform tracking puzzles me as well, unless it's a matter of forums & CB don't always play well together.

ragedogg69 said:   hakujin said:   submitted apparently cannot be cancelled; called today, girl checked w/ her manager and said it may mean they will change to shipped tomorrow. one phone shipped already.

note to myself: next time, use eBates.

why? just submit your CashBack request in 2 weeks. It takes 5 mins. I have had multiple CashBack instances not go through, but as along as there is a click history, I have always gotten my CashBack.

NOTE: I have not gotten a notice for my CashBack from VirginMobile either, I assume they stopped reporting to fatwallet once they saw it was coming up at the higher price.

that makes sense. i wasn't looking to cancel because of CB tho; I ordered two Nexus 4s which should arrive next week so these phones (at least one) will be immediately re sold. I would keep the phone if it were not stuck to VM; but started to think about it and seems bananas they charge so much for Sprint 3G, where I can pay the same and receive unlimited HSPA+ through T-Mo or ATT via Straight Talk. Virgin Mobile really needs to come off that rate and make the 45 plan the 35 plan.

hawpi said:   "monotonous support form" the GOOD news is we made this MUCH more user friendly a while back. You click on the support button next to your click ID, and it prefills quite a bit for you.

The not uniform tracking puzzles me as well, unless it's a matter of forums & CB don't always play well together.
NICE! it has been awhile.

yeah, the uniformity has perplexed me throughout the years, but I'm sure there is rational explanations to it all (stacking, etc.); other CashBack networks (as i'm sure you are aware) have provided more liberties throughout the years, but fw algos are like well seasoned vets in the trenches, haha!

anyway, here's to at least $5 bux a phone and and a prefilled form.

I too ordered 3 phones which have been shipped. I read entire thread and still have few questions. It is said that flashing to page plus will make data part not working. Does that mean that I won't even be able to use data using wifi. Second question is lets say something goes wrong during flashing, is there an option to restore it to previous condition? Finally can someone provide a link where all the steps needed to root and flash to pageplus are given. Thanks in advance.

hawpi said:   If your order doesn't report to your account, but ships and you receive it, then yes, do send in a CB support ticket. When you view your CB click history, the button to submit a request will be available 2 weeks after your click. If your order has not shipped at that time, we won't be able to investigate yet. Please keep your order confirmation, as well as your shipment confirmation, as both may be needed to do an investigation.

If you used the link in the OP of this thread, that is not a Cash Back eligible link, so you will not get a CB update

I first clicked OP's link to add the item to shopping cart, then I came back to FW and clicked CB link to go to Virgin Mobile Website to check out the item that was added. Is my purchase qualified for FW CB???

alamedian said:   hawpi said:   If your order doesn't report to your account, but ships and you receive it, then yes, do send in a CB support ticket. When you view your CB click history, the button to submit a request will be available 2 weeks after your click. If your order has not shipped at that time, we won't be able to investigate yet. Please keep your order confirmation, as well as your shipment confirmation, as both may be needed to do an investigation.

I first clicked OP's link to add the item to shopping cart, then I came back to FW and clicked CB link to go to Virgin Mobile Website to check out the item that was added. Is my purchase qualified for FW CB???

wrong order. unfortunately, not qualified...

I finally got an email today telling me that my phone is being shipped, so how long does it take for FW CashBack to appear on my account? Click history shows up on my account but nothing reported by merchant.

Getting my phones tomorrow by one day shipping. Amazon website showed "Shipping soon" for past three days hence they expedited to one day shipping! Grt of Amazon!

alamedian said:   I first clicked OP's link to add the item to shopping cart, then I came back to FW and clicked CB link to go to Virgin Mobile Website to check out the item that was added. Is my purchase qualified for FW CB???

alamedian - Ack!
That's my short way of saying any time you add something to the cart and then click the CB link, it might not work. Click CB link, add to cart, check out is the short form way to explain the best way to Cash Back success. That being said, if it doesn't report after 2 weeks, please send in a support ticket and the team will look into it.

Kar123 said:   I finally got an email today telling me that my phone is being shipped, so how long does it take for FW CashBack to appear on my account? Click history shows up on my account but nothing reported by merchant.

Karl123 - click history is there, so that's a good start! If it doesn't report after 2 weeks, please send in a support ticket.

Many, MANY orders have already reported. However, when a site gets slammed with orders, it never surprises me for there to be a few missing orders. It's computers handling all the tracking in the background, and we know those aren't perfect.

For those who plan on using the One V like a cheap iPod Touch. Here is a tip:

From settings. Enable Airplane Mode. Then touch WiFi, and inside the WiFi menu, turn WiFi on. To further maximize your battery, click on Menu -> Advanced -> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep -> Only when plugged in.

You can even turn on bluetooth while in Airplane Mode.

Got all the phones today. Nice looking screen.

Are you able to activate a wifi hotspot on this phone like you could with the Optimus V?

kickerstarter said:   For those who plan on using the One V like a cheap iPod Touch. Here is a tip:

From settings. Enable Airplane Mode. Then touch WiFi, and inside the WiFi menu, turn WiFi on. To further maximize your battery, click on Menu -> Advanced -> Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep -> Only when plugged in.

You can even turn on bluetooth while in Airplane Mode.

How much better will the battery life be after doing this?

I was thinking about giving this away as an mp3 player. Other than battery life, I am also concerned that this device is underpowered should they decide run games or whatnot.

Is this still in effect?

The Optimus Elite AS OF NOW is able to be swapped to the $25 plan w/o losing it which is the phone I'd recommend.

Have been using mine for almost 2 weeks on wifi without activating. Works great with all apps. However I see a system update notification. I'm hesitant to accept the update for fear VM might do something to force the activation on it. Has anyone done the system update and what changes did it include?

If it is about better reading of battery level then you should go ahead and do it. It actually resolves the issue of battery level not showing correctly. I downloaded the update and installed it. It didn't cause any issue and was able to unlock the bootloader and root it after this.

a Newbie question - can I sell this a buddy that is planning on activating them? or is there is Terms of services that prohibit selling this?

Spent a lot of time searching all over and was able to flash mine to Page Plus. Voice, data working but is not 3G yet. Here is a link. Hope it helps.

Link to XDA forum

From the box:
"You are permitted to use this mobile phone and the software and content on it exclusively with Virgin Mobile service. Commercial resale prohibited except by Authorized Virgin Mobile dealers. You may not alter any of the hardware or software in this phone or export this phone from the USA. By purchasing this phone or opening this package, you agree with Virgin Mobile to abide by these terms. Virgin Mobile service is subject to terms of service found at VirginMobileUSA.com. Virgin Mobile service is solely for personal use."

I'm not a lawyer. I hope the above is not enforceable.

thsze said:   From the box:
"You are permitted to use this mobile phone and the software and content on it exclusively with Virgin Mobile service. Commercial resale prohibited except by Authorized Virgin Mobile dealers. You may not alter any of the hardware or software in this phone or export this phone from the USA. By purchasing this phone or opening this package, you agree with Virgin Mobile to abide by these terms. Virgin Mobile service is subject to terms of service found at VirginMobileUSA.com. Virgin Mobile service is solely for personal use."

I'm not a lawyer. I hope the above is not enforceable.

IANAL either. The box was not shown to the buyers before being ordered/shipped nor did the buyers sign anything to the effect of acknowledging the above leave alone agreeing to it. They can print whatever they want on the box.

$17.50 FC out of pending stage and available to cash out!

wiredspider said:   Jes1 said:   I just received my first Cash Back Update for one of the phones I ordered today.
Says I will be receiving $17.50 Cash Back on one phone.
I thought it was $22.50.
Why the change??

UP TO

Cash Back Amount

$5.00 on phones up to $49.99
$12.50 on phones $50-$149.99
$17.50 on phones $150-$199.99
$22.50 on phones $200+
$12.50 on iPhones

I got $17.50 x's 3........cashed out today.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014