• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
WalMart is having a promotion of $100 gift card on Samsung Note 2 only until 12/1/12.
So far this seems to be the best deal on this phone.

+(plus) 5% FatCash back on $249 which comes to an additional $12 off.

Link for Walmart's Samsung Note 2

Happy Holidays

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Samsung Note 2
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sooo contemplating returning my note 2 I got from AT&T in favor of this deal. I wonder if this is even going to be feasible. I bought my phone over the phone. So will I have to mail it back? Or I wonder if I can return it in store. And if I do return it, how long will it take for the AT&T system to reset so it says that I am upgrade eligible again. I'm taking a risk that the WalMart deal won't expire before the return process is completed. But I guess the, saving almost $150 is worth the risk. I mean if I fail, I guess I can just rebuy it.

Try calling AT&T and ask for crediting the difference amount.

streetsmart said:   Try calling AT&T and ask for crediting the difference amount.

Its not like you're terminating your account. You could always threaten that you will. The only way I see this not working out for you is if Wal-Mart handing out the $100 gift cards from their own pockets as a promotion. I highly doubt it though, since it is only available with the Note 2. Anyway, good luck.

Any thoughts about the free samsung note 1 at best buy. Its for T-Mobile.

The Note 2 is SO much better than the Note 1 that you'd essentially be buying into antiquated hardware/software for two years. I have the Note2 and it's a game changer. So much so I tossed my iphone 4.

foo4ulul said:   streetsmart said:   Try calling AT&T and ask for crediting the difference amount.

Its not like you're terminating your account. You could always threaten that you will. The only way I see this not working out for you is if Wal-Mart handing out the $100 gift cards from their own pockets as a promotion. I highly doubt it though, since it is only available with the Note 2. Anyway, good luck.

it is available with a lot of phones

http://wireless.walmart.com/content/sale?referringdomain=wm&zipc...

mrkk said:   foo4ulul said:   streetsmart said:   Try calling AT&T and ask for crediting the difference amount.

it is available with a lot of phones

http://wireless.walmart.com/content/sale?referringdomain=wm&zipc...

True ... but for those who are looking for a good deal on the Samsung's latest Note 2 .. this is a HOT deal.

Ah....I got the Samsung Galaxy S3 FAR on the 17th but I'd still take this deal over the FAR if I didn't buy the S3. This phone is THAT good. I'm a bit lazy so I'll terminate my contract and sell my phone off on eBay and buy the note 2 when it becomes FAR.

dkollin said:   The Note 2 is SO much better than the Note 1 that you'd essentially be buying into antiquated hardware/software for two years. I have the Note2 and it's a game changer. So much so I tossed my iphone 4.

Just curious to hear your expereince and details as to why the Note 2 is a better choice than the Iphone 4s or choosing N2 over the S3? I also am interested in switching to the Note 2 but I'm not sold on the size difference and comfort using a device that size to make calls or the defining capabilities not found in a S3. I'm not knocking your choice at all, just looking for your insight.

Thanks!

Is the 5% Cash Back deal just for cyber Monday? We are going to do this and 5% back is even better since I need 2 note 2's.

Good deal on the Note II, but you still have to spend $250 for the phone right? You can't use the gift card against the phone charge. The title is a little misleading

It says you will get the gift card in a couple weeks and it is an e gift card if I remember correctly.

skongolf said:   It says you will get the gift card in a couple weeks and it is an e gift card if I remember correctly.

The egift card can also be used in stores.

skim32 said:   Sooo contemplating returning my note 2 I got from AT&T in favor of this deal. I wonder if this is even going to be feasible. I bought my phone over the phone. So will I have to mail it back? Or I wonder if I can return it in store. And if I do return it, how long will it take for the AT&T system to reset so it says that I am upgrade eligible again. I'm taking a risk that the WalMart deal won't expire before the return process is completed. But I guess the, saving almost $150 is worth the risk. I mean if I fail, I guess I can just rebuy it.

So i did the same thing too, I called AT&T and ask them the same thing, they said you can just return it at the store. They're going to charge you a $35 restocking fee. BUt just call and tell them that you want to buy a new phone, but you don't want to pay for a new activation fee AND a restocking fee, so they'll credit you like $80 to go towards all that good stuff. But yeah, try that.

It is now $299. Good thing i ordered one yesterday for $249

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014