Link to Amazon

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Pic of sale
Thanks DontUKnowMe
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The sale has ended (for now, at least), and Amazon issued a press release, but without providing any sales numbers:

"Cybe... (more)

Cornelius (Nov. 27, 2012 @ 10:55a) |

My wife has one of the original Kindle Fires and loves it and my daugter wanted one so I jumped on this deal and they de... (more)

IrishBrewer (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 11:58a) |

Is the $59 prime still offered. I just got my Kindle but didn't buy Prime at time of purchase.

Yelf (Dec. 07, 2012 @ 12:06a) |

Amazon

Cyber Monday Savings
Today only, Kindle Fire is available for only $129 ($30 off). Enter promotional code FIREDEAL at checkout.

Offer valid from 12:01AM PST through 11:59PM PST on 11/26/12, or while supplies last. $30 discount valid on Kindle Fire with Special Offers or Kindle Fire without Special Offers sold and shipped by Amazon. Limit one discount per customer. Offer not valid with 1-Click ordering. If you return items purchased using a promo code, we will subtract the value of the discount from your return credit. Promo codes may not be combined with other offers. Amazon reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. Void where prohibited.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Free 1 day shipping with Discover and promo code DSCVRHSP (get it on Tuesday).

Giveaway pricing. Insane. I just can't think of any real use for the damn thing though.

finally.

HappyScrappyHeroPup said:   I just can't think of any real use for the damn thing though.

This.

Thanks OP. In for one, will give one of my older fires out as a gift.

HappyScrappyHeroPup said:   Giveaway pricing. Insane. I just can't think of any real use for the damn thing though.

You can call this the "Nexus 7 effect." I'm giving it green, but who in their right mind is going to buy a Kindle Fire now unless it's significantly cheaper than the Nexus 7?

Bought one for my 6-year old. Thanks OP! Green for you!

To be clear isn't this the old kindle fire?

pkp413 said:   Free 1 day shipping with Discover and promo code DSCVRHSP (get it on Tuesday).

Doesn't work on this item.

Anybody have a link to a comparative review of Kindles vs Tablets?

patofw said:   To be clear isn't this the old kindle fire?

Yes

Toddler said:   HappyScrappyHeroPup said:   Giveaway pricing. Insane. I just can't think of any real use for the damn thing though.

You can call this the "Nexus 7 effect." I'm giving it green, but who in their right mind is going to buy a Kindle Fire now unless it's significantly cheaper than the Nexus 7?

I want a Nexus 7 with an 8 mp camera and a sim card slot for a T-Mo prepaid pay-as-you go sim

Anyone care to explain why I can't have what I want?

Thanks OP, mom wanted one of these.

How would this compare against the 16 GB Nook Tablet?

SlamminMOFO said:   patofw said:   To be clear isn't this the old kindle fire?YesNot exactly. It's the 2012 upgrade (a little smaller, a little faster, cheaper) of the original Fire. Here's the comparison from CNET.

So, what is currently the best deal on Nexus 7 and how does it stack up against KindleFire $129 deal?

should be Sears $224

Does anyone know if this 2012 Kindle Fire will fit in the same case as the old original Kindle Fire? Might pull the trigger if I don't have to spend $30 on another case

This Kindle Fire only has 8GB internal storage. That's pretty small for a portable audio/video device.

CowBoom got Amazon Kindle Fire eReader w/7in multi-touch display for $90.
what is the difference between Aamazon & CowBoom one?

nodeals said:   CowBoom got Amazon Kindle Fire eReader w/7in multi-touch display for $90.
what is the difference between Aamazon & CowBoom one?

CowBoom - Condition: Pre-owned Product Grade: 5 - Some scratches and/or signs of use

BlackPear1 said:   SlamminMOFO said:   patofw said:   To be clear isn't this the old kindle fire?YesNot exactly. It's the 2012 upgrade (a little smaller, a little faster, cheaper) of the original Fire. Here's the comparison from CNET.

also, in the new Fire packaging, they removed the wall charger from the box. You can charge via USB, unless you buy the $20 fast wall charger.

Slider said:   Does anyone know if this 2012 Kindle Fire will fit in the same case as the old original Kindle Fire? Might pull the trigger if I don't have to spend $30 on another case

no it will not fit

v1rok said:   So, what is currently the best deal on Nexus 7 and how does it stack up against KindleFire $129 deal?

check the forums

Must first select 1 day shipping THEN apply code.

I was thinking of the KindleHD (7") for my wife, now that the fire is $129 and the HD is $199, is it worth the difference to get the HD or should I just go with this one ?

DavidinCT said:   I was thinking of the KindleHD (7") for my wife, now that the fire is $129 and the HD is $199, is it worth the difference to get the HD or should I just go with this one ?

Chart on the HD webpage for you to make your own assessment.

userid said:   Kindle Fire vs Nook
Link is the 'old' kindle fire. Current deal is for the 'new' version.

So what's the verdict? Is this worth it? There's some pretty lousy reviews on Amazon

Great deal! I just got one of these this past weekend and put Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on it and it is FAST and Flawless! You can read about it over on XDA developers..

I am using my Kindle Fire (the first one) everyday and I paid $199 for it. I have no problem with it and the performance is pretty decent. Of course depends on what you are going to use it for. For things (apps, movies, books, movies) that you bought from Amazon. Amazon stores them on their server with your account so you never lose them and you only store/install the ones you use on Kindle Fire. If you want to have them all on your Fire and use them anywhere, you need to buy one with more memory. The caveat is that it does not work with Google play (without jumping through hoops) and needs to get apps from Amarzon market.

As I said, I have the older version. The newer version should be a bit better.

Running a JB ROM on my original Kindle Fire and it flies compared to stock. It literally gave it new life when I did that. It's not as good as my Nex 7 but it is damn near close though. If this new one has double the ram, faster proc, and better battery life then it is really a no brainer at $129 if you are in search of a budget tablet.

FYI: This is just the Fire, not the Fire HD which is the better version. These Amazon tablets lack apps, have no maps or gps sensors, they use an old, very limited version of android. The nexuz 7 is the better tablet. $30 is worth having the full android experience if you ask me. I only post this because I was one click away from buying a Fire HD and did some research that quickly changed my mind. I also should add that the Kindle Fire does not come packaged with a charger which is extra $$$ and some versions come with annoying advertisments "special offers" on screen and cost $15 to remove.

techtim said:   FYI: This is just the Fire, not the Fire HD which is the better version. These Amazon tablets lack apps, have no maps or gps sensors, they use an old, very limited version of android. The nexuz 7 is the better tablet. $30 is worth having the full android experience if you ask me. I only post this because I was one click away from buying a Fire HD and did some research that quickly changed my mind. I also should add that the Kindle Fire does not come packaged with a charger which is extra $$$ and some versions come with annoying advertisments "special offers" on screen and cost $15 to remove.

Uh, this deal is for the Kindle Fire for $129. You cannot get a Nexus 7 for $30 more. No one in here is confused whether this is a deal for the Kindle Fire or the Fire HD. You can have full access to the Play store with root and a custom ROM. Granted not all apps will be available that use GPS and not everyone is willing to root. For those who will though, you cannot be $129.

synnyster said:   
Uh, this deal is for the Kindle Fire for $129. You cannot get a Nexus 7 for $30 more. No one in here is confused whether this is a deal for the Kindle Fire or the Fire HD. You can have full access to the Play store with root and a custom ROM. Granted not all apps will be available that use GPS and not everyone is willing to root. For those who will though, you cannot be $129.

Staples was selling the Nexus for $30 more. So I think that is a valid point.
http://bit.ly/TpuZU1

wizardking said:   synnyster said:   

Staples was selling the Nexus for $30 more. So I think that is a valid point.
http://bit.ly/TpuZU1

Was is the key word. Unless you have a time machine, be prepared to pay considerably more now.

I was going to get the Paperwhite for my wife for christmas. This 2012 fire is far more powerful and now only $10 more. Twice the memory as my older Fire, faster processer and half the cost of the Nexus. Can't beat that deal. I just bought one and they threw in a voucher for 30% any accessories.

Skipping 29 Messages...
Is the $59 prime still offered. I just got my Kindle but didn't buy Prime at time of purchase.

Cornelius said:   On the right side of the Kindle product page you can purchase the 1.8 amp fast charger for $10, instead of $20, if you purchase it at the same time as the Kindle. The discount does not appear in your cart, but shows up at the check-out page. You will also receive a $3 MP3 credit for ordering an accessory.

A standard 1 amp USB charger you may already have should also work with the Kindle, but at a slower charge speed.

If you do not have Prime, they will also offer it for $59 for the first year.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014