New Kindle Fire Amazon $129 Code is FIREDEAL

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Honestly, the Paperwhite is a great reader and a better value, IMO. As a straight-up ebook reader, there's nothing better. Get that and a Nexus 7 and you've got the best of everything. Anything else is a compromise, which is an understandable choice.

The Fire is $129 + $20 for a charger + $20-$40 for a case + $15 for add removal . Add that all up +/- another $20, you got the best 7" tablet on the market = $199 nexus 7. I guess I just prefer quality over quantity

techtim said:   The Fire is $129 + $20 for a charger + $20-$40 for a case + $15 for add removal . Add that all up +/- another $20, you got the best 7" tablet on the market = $199 nexus 7. I guess I just prefer quality over quantity

Funny how your assumptions of what is needed (and the inflated prices) lead you to that conclusion. Better to leave the double-talk to used car salesmen.

As for this deal..each to their own.

Do people honestly have a problem with the ads? They are often coupons or savings off stuff at Amazon.

I have a Kindle Keyboard and I wish I could get the ads "added" to it

techtim said:   The Fire is $129 + $20 for a charger + $20-$40 for a case + $15 for add removal . Add that all up +/- another $20, you got the best 7" tablet on the market = $199 nexus 7. I guess I just prefer quality over quantity
The nexus comes with a case?
My daughter has last year's fire and I'm considering something for my mom this year. Still not sure which I'll go with, but I appreciate all the information/comparisons being shared here.

Is reading on these comfortable? My wife has the keyboard kindle and loves it, but I got her one of these anyway.

edit: There are no hacked roms for the 2nd gen fire yet. Don't try to install one.

Isn't this the second gen kindle fire (upgraded internals, same screen)?

In for one, good gift for someone in the house. N7 might be better, but with Amazon Prime account this will be nice to have.

For books reading, e-ink wins hands down. You feel really like reading text on paper. Tablet LCD screens cannot compare. The glare kills you. The brighter the ambient light the worse. But of course, a tablet does that much more than just book reading. All depends on what you want to use it primarly for.

Slider said:   Do people honestly have a problem with the ads? They are often coupons or savings off stuff at Amazon.

You can add special offers to it.
From your Amazon Kindle dashboard, click on "activate special offers"

RRB2 said:   Slider said:   Do people honestly have a problem with the ads? They are often coupons or savings off stuff at Amazon.

You can add special offers to it.
From your Amazon Kindle dashboard, click on "activate special offers"

I'll be darned, thanks! Never thought to look online, only checked device.

On the right side of the Kindle product page you can purchase the 1.8 amp fast charger for $10, instead of $20, if you purchase it at the same time as the Kindle. The discount does not appear in your cart, but shows up at the check-out page. You will also receive a $3 MP3 credit for ordering an accessory.

A standard 1 amp USB charger you may already have should also work with the Kindle, but at a slower charge speed.

If you do not have Prime, they will also offer it for $59 for the first year.

If all I want a tablet for is browse the web while on the train and do excel(or the like) edits, would Kindle Fire be good enough for me? No plans for any cloud based activities, music ,movies etc...The OS being fully controlled by Amazon(as opp to being open to upgrades/what not for Samsung,Nexus) bears no effect on cases like mine I would assume

syman said:   If all I want a tablet for is browse the web while on the train and do excel(or the like) edits, would Kindle Fire be good enough for me? No plans for any cloud based activities, music ,movies etc...The OS being fully controlled by Amazon(as opp to being open to upgrades/what not for Samsung,Nexus) bears no effect on cases like mine I would assume

As long as the train has wifi.

According to TechB, OfficeMax has Nook HD 7" for $159.

Techbargains Link to Deal

Can you use a regular old cell phone charger to charge this or one of the original Kindle's chargers?

FrugallyFun said:   Can you use a regular old cell phone charger to charge this or one of the original Kindle's chargers?

You can use a micro usb cell phone charger....however depending on the output it may charge much slower.

Thanks, I couldn't resist.

str8shot said:    I was going to get the Paperwhite for my wife for christmas. This 2012 fire is far more powerful and now only $10 more. Twice the memory as my older Fire, faster processer and half the cost of the Nexus. Can't beat that deal. I just bought one and they threw in a voucher for 30% any accessories.Have to admit this is extrememly tempting. I have been wanting the Fire HD, but then I have to ask myself, "Self, will you really be watching many movies, Hulu Plus or Netflix with the Fire HD? Remember, Self, it's only a wifi tablet so you need to have a connection anyway, and won't be able to watch movies or TV when away from a wifi connection."

So then, after that convo I am left wondering if the Fire HD is something I will really use to it's potential. Oh well, I have some time left to decide if I want to treat myself with the 2012 Fire. All day I have been shopping for others, maybe it's time for me tonight.

ETA: Does the 2012 Fire still allow you to read books in e-ink like the other Kindles, or is it something else?

Sonofspam said:   str8shot said:    I was going to get the Paperwhite for my wife for christmas. This 2012 fire is far more powerful and now only $10 more. Twice the memory as my older Fire, faster processer and half the cost of the Nexus. Can't beat that deal. I just bought one and they threw in a voucher for 30% any accessories.Have to admit this is extrememly tempting. I have been wanting the Fire HD, but then I have to ask myself, "Self, will you really be watching many movies, Hulu Plus or Netflix with the Fire HD? Remember, Self, it's only a wifi tablet so you need to have a connection anyway, and won't be able to watch movies or TV when away from a wifi connection."

So then, after that convo I am left wondering if the Fire HD is something I will really use to it's potential. Oh well, I have some time left to decide if I want to treat myself with the 2012 Fire. All day I have been shopping for others, maybe it's time for me tonight.

ETA: Does the 2012 Fire still allow you to read books in e-ink like the other Kindles, or is it something else?

Wait, you cannot watch movies on Kindle Fire (non-HD version)?

Thanks OP! Bought one for mom

Sonofspam said:   Does the 2012 Fire still allow you to read books in e-ink like the other Kindles, or is it something else?

None of the "Fire" models have e-ink.

v1rok said:   Wait, you cannot watch movies on Kindle Fire (non-HD version)?Oh, sorry for the confusion. Yes, you sure can watch movies on the non-HD, 2012 Fire, but they won't be in HD of course. I was thinking of how much would I really watch Amazon streaming movies, Hulu Plus or Netflix on the Fire HD tablet and really take full advantage of that crisp, sharp full-HD display on the Fire HD vs. the 2012 Fire discussed in this deal thread.

@Toddler: "None of the "Fire" models have e-ink."

OK, thanks. I am showing my ignorance of the proper names for the tech contained in a Kindle vs. a Nook, Nexus 7 or about any other tablet. So, whatever the ink-type display is called on a Kindle, does the 2012 Fire tablet, or the Fire HD, have the same cool display for reading books as the regular Kindles do?

Sonofspam said:   I am showing my ignorance of the proper names for the tech contained in a Kindle vs. a Nook, Nexus 7 or about any other tablet. So, whatever the ink-type display is called on a Kindle, does the 2012 Fire tablet, or the Fire HD, have the same cool display for reading books as the regular Kindles do?
You're really struggling here man! The Fire and Fire HD have normal LCD displays, not the ink type. Go to Amazon and look at the pictures. That said, they can all display books.

ctjwa said:   Sonofspam said:   I am showing my ignorance of the proper names for the tech contained in a Kindle vs. a Nook, Nexus 7 or about any other tablet. So, whatever the ink-type display is called on a Kindle, does the 2012 Fire tablet, or the Fire HD, have the same cool display for reading books as the regular Kindles do?
You're really struggling here man! The Fire and Fire HD have normal LCD displays, not the ink type. Go to Amazon and look at the pictures. That said, they can all display books.
Too bad WalMart and Target no longer carry Kindles, because then I could actually go and see for myself. I have looked at the pics, but they are only going to display as well as my computer screen. People seem to be very happy (mostly) in the reviews, so I should be safe. Besides, I decided to go for the Fire HD after reading a lot more about it. It just seems worth it, so I passed on this deal. Who knows....maybe Amazon will have a discounted Fire HD between now and Christmas!

Sonofspam said:   Too bad WalMart and Target no longer carry Kindles, because then I could actually go and see for myself. I have looked at the pics, but they are only going to display as well as my computer screen. FYI - Staplez carries Kindles.

The sale has ended (for now, at least), and Amazon issued a press release, but without providing any sales numbers:

"Cyber Monday was the biggest day ever for Kindle sales worldwide, that the top four spots on the company's best sellers list are occupied by Kindle devices, and that nine out of the top ten best-selling products on the site are Kindle devices, Kindle accessories or digital content.

NBC News Article

My wife has one of the original Kindle Fires and loves it and my daugter wanted one so I jumped on this deal and they delivered it (with Amazon Prime) within 24 hours.

I did have a problem getting it registered, however due to some technical glitch on Amazon's end. Somehow the serial number in their system did not match the one on my device (last couple of digits were wrong) so after repeated attempts, the thing would not register. Finally got it straightened out with Amazon tech support but it is up and running great now.

IMO, these tablets aren't the best thing out there from a hardware/performance perspective but what really makes these devices is the online content available by pairing it with an Amazon Prime account and better yet Amazon Prime plus a Netflix streaming account. With that, you have access to a lot of streaming media. The video color/clarity and resolution is quite good for streaming content as long as you have a decent WiFi connection.

Is the $59 prime still offered. I just got my Kindle but didn't buy Prime at time of purchase.

Cornelius said:   On the right side of the Kindle product page you can purchase the 1.8 amp fast charger for $10, instead of $20, if you purchase it at the same time as the Kindle. The discount does not appear in your cart, but shows up at the check-out page. You will also receive a $3 MP3 credit for ordering an accessory.

A standard 1 amp USB charger you may already have should also work with the Kindle, but at a slower charge speed.

If you do not have Prime, they will also offer it for $59 for the first year.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014