• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CVS/pharmacy Gift Card by Email

Reward Terms and Details

Give One, Get One
•For every $25 worth of Gift Card by Email (eGift Card) purchased, the purchaser receives a $5 eGift Card
Limited time offer.
•You will receive one eGift Card based on your total purchase.
•See Reward Chart at right for reward values.
•eGift Card purchase total is limited to $150 per single transaction. Please see additional terms on the Terms and Conditions page.

Reward Chart

Total Purchase Amount → Reward
$25.00 - $49.00 → $5.00
$50.00 - $74.00 → $10.00
$75.00 - $99.00 → $15.00
$100.00 - $124.00 → $20.00
$125.00 - $149.00 → $25.00
$150.00 → $30.00

Member Summary

CVS Gift Cards by Email
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
That's why I wasn't upset that they gave the wife a copy... because the Paper gift card was fully used. But in principa... (more)

Technologist (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 6:01p) |

Once my CVS gift card is used up, I don't care what they want to do with the printout. For all I care, they can display ... (more)

PrincipalMember (Dec. 13, 2012 @ 9:57p) |

wink and smile all you like.

Why be such a dick? I have no idea why you decided to attack me, when you were the one who ... (more)

Technologist (Dec. 14, 2012 @ 2:30p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you, OP. I jumped onto this deal last time as well. This is like buying stuff for 20% from CVS!

beatmesweety said:   Thank you, OP. I jumped onto this deal last time as well. This is like buying stuff for 20% from CVS!

Good deal. But technically, it's 16 2/3% off or a 20% bonus

17111711 said:   beatmesweety said:   Thank you, OP. I jumped onto this deal last time as well. This is like buying stuff for 20% from CVS!

Good deal. But technically, it's 16 2/3% off or a 20% bonus
A little better than that if you wait for a good coupon or sale to use your eGift cards

Must it all be used in one transaction as well or does the balance carry over somehow? Couldn't find it in the E-giftcard FAQ section on their site. Thanks.

Is this an email I print out and bring to CVS to exchange a real giftcard?

cheap5kate86 said:   Must it all be used in one transaction as well or does the balance carry over somehow? Couldn't find it in the E-giftcard FAQ section on their site. Thanks.

No...this can be used multiple times. Its a eGift Certificate which is same as the regular Giftcards. It just deducts the amount each time you use it.

My purchase has been declined, multiple times. Perhaps dead??

Just worked for me.
mimi6789 said:   My purchase has been declined, multiple times. Perhaps dead??

how long does it take to get the gift card? Its been 1 hrs I haven't received it

What do you guys buy from CVS? I always thought they were very expensive relative to a WalMart or Target? By necessity because they were smaller stores, open more hours, and thus the convenience cost is added in like buying stuff from a gas station.

ordered one just now

These can be a real pain redeeming. Must be done at register, and often times the cashier doesn't know what to do. TIME = MONEY

whatever7 said:   Is this an email I print out and bring to CVS to exchange a real giftcard?

You can not buy real giftcard in exchange but there is a way around. Buy an item worth bit more than your giftcard and then return it and they will give you store credit card. So you dont have to hold paper anymore.

ubermichaelthomas said:   What do you guys buy from CVS? I always thought they were very expensive relative to a WalMart or Target? By necessity because they were smaller stores, open more hours, and thus the convenience cost is added in like buying stuff from a gas station.

Just got a $150 + $30

Generally, you only buy the stuff with ECB (similar to CashBack). Then use the ECBs to buy more stuff with ECBs. It's kind of a game to see how far the original purchase can go.

With ECBs, store & manufacturer coupons, & rebates, I pay very little. That $180 gift card will easily last all of my weekly visits in 2013.

Personally, my main purchases are paper products, razors, dental care & clearance stuff for gifts.

harlock001 said:   ubermichaelthomas said:   What do you guys buy from CVS? I always thought they were very expensive relative to a WalMart or Target? By necessity because they were smaller stores, open more hours, and thus the convenience cost is added in like buying stuff from a gas station.

Just got a $150 + $30

Generally, you only buy the stuff with ECB (similar to CashBack). Then use the ECBs to buy more stuff with ECBs. It's kind of a game to see how far the original purchase can go.

With ECBs, store & manufacturer coupons, & rebates, I pay very little. That $180 gift card will easily last all of my weekly visits in 2013.

Personally, my main purchases are paper products, razors, dental care & clearance stuff for gifts.

I got the $5 card e-mailed to me right away but I haven't gotten the $25 card e-mail yet. Anyone else having that same problem?

Was wondering if CVS will do it this year or not. Thanks for info OP. Just bought $150x3. Great for buying things with CashBack and rebates. Also, when CVS does gas card promotion, these are awesome.

Just heed my warning from previous year:

CVS gift card security.

ubermichaelthomas said:   What do you guys buy from CVS? I always thought they were very expensive relative to a WalMart or Target? By necessity because they were smaller stores, open more hours, and thus the convenience cost is added in like buying stuff from a gas station.

You are correct, they have much higher markup than many other stores. However they have occasional sales that make it worthwhile. Bottom line is if you know prices you can do well on occasion at CVS.

Can you use these CVS eGift cards to purchase anything in the store, e.g., physical Amazon gift cards?

java007 said:   Can you use these CVS eGift cards to purchase anything in the store, e.g., physical Amazon gift cards?

NOTE: CVS/pharmacy gift cards cannot be used online at CVS.com or to purchase any other retailers gift card or prepaid card that CVS/pharmacy may carry.

From: http://www.cvs.com/promo/promoLandingTemplate.jsp?promoLandingId...

Nice OP! I put "Can only be used by the "---" household" on the card, maybe that will help against fraud by cashiers or whatever...

no email yet from them, this is crap....

Ordered mine at 9:18am received both at 11:38 am.
redearth said:   how long does it take to get the gift card? Its been 1 hrs I haven't received it

Ordered early morning -- missed a call from them trying to verify my order, called them back and been on hold for 10+ mins

Edit:
If you get a call from 888-925-2918 pick it up since it'll be CVS trying to verify your order -- they left me a VM saying to call them back at 877-259-7078, but I hung up after being on hold for 30+ mins. Called the original 888-925-2918 number and was connected to a rep within a few mins

They just asked about the card I used, the phone number on the back of the card, how the weather was here, and if I was buying to redistribute or personal use -- told her the website shows $5 bonus for every $25 eGC so I placed the order

Got my $150 in eGCs (3x$50) plus the bonus $30 eGC ~5 mins after verifying order

redearth said:   no email yet from them, this is crap....

redearth,

CVS/Cashstar takes a few hours to process these transactions. I got the purchase confirmation email right away, but had to wait 5 hours to get the actual eGC emails with a link in them to print the eGCs. It was the same last year when they had this deal going. Hope that helps.

I believe that CVS gift cards can be used to purchase prescriptions, so this would be a good money saver for anyone who fills a lot of scripts.

Ordered at 7:30. Received email confirmation of order right away.

Received both the bonus and the base card emails at 9:38. [Similar times for all my 3 orders with 3 different emails and things charged to Discover/Visa/AMEX].

Can i buy prescriptions with eGift cards?

laughnlive said:   Can i buy prescriptions with eGift cards?

I have had success purchasing Rx with these eGCs. These paper eGCs work just like your plastic GCs. If you are still not sure, check with your local CVS Pharmacy.

nick555 said:   redearth said:   no email yet from them, this is crap....

redearth,

CVS/Cashstar takes a few hours to process these transactions. I got the purchase confirmation email right away, but had to wait 5 hours to get the actual eGC emails with a link in them to print the eGCs. It was the same last year when they had this deal going. Hope that helps.

Finally received it this evening. Not sure what happened. I had order mine in the morning.
No worries as long as it ends well.

Just ordered a few minutes ago and both base and bonus eGCs have already arrived via email.

I keep getting the transaction being denied message.
Does anyone know why?

I was able to place my order. Got the confirmation e-mail, but no G.C. yet...

UltimateTraveler said:   I keep getting the transaction being denied message.
Does anyone know why?

I have to change into another card to get it work.

I was having problems because I was trying to order via the iPhone. When I entered the same info on a regular browser, it went through with no problems.

I used Firefox and it went through. Still no e-mail gift card...

snoopdogg1 said:   I believe that CVS gift cards can be used to purchase prescriptions, so this would be a good money saver for anyone who fills a lot of scripts.

mine won't let me. They used to and now they give me some BS about the insurance companies won't take them.

sneakers said:   snoopdogg1 said:   I believe that CVS gift cards can be used to purchase prescriptions, so this would be a good money saver for anyone who fills a lot of scripts.

mine won't let me. They used to and now they give me some BS about the insurance companies won't take them.

That doesn't make any sense-- the gift cards are the equivalent of cash in a CVS store. Now, they don't let you redeem ECB or quarterly rewards on prescriptions, but I've never heard of gift cards being refused for prescriptions.

Nice way to recycle my Visa debit cards from Staples.

Skipping 41 Messages...
wink and smile all you like.

Why be such a dick? I have no idea why you decided to attack me, when you were the one who made a comment about letting them make a copy being a bad idea. I explained that I wasn't worried, and then you say I abuse my spouse. WTF?!?!?

And in one post you say keep any kind of completely used gift card if you have a returnable item, then later (dickishly) say they can post your used CVS gift card at the front of the store.... which one do you do Sybil?

PS sending this to you in a PM, in case you don't see it before the mods clean it out of the thread (although I argue that they should let people fight it out on their own, and let the community decide who was a dick.

TTYL Dick

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014