• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
Can you get Cash Back on giftcards purchase?

Anybody getting this page not found error message when clicking on "veiw my eGift card" from the email

CVS/pharmacy Gift Card by Email
Page Not Found
We're sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. Please make sure you have typed the address correctly into your browser.

Learn more about CVS/pharmacy eGift Cards or purchase an eGift Card from CVS/pharmacy.

valen9838 said:   Anybody getting this page not found error message when clicking on "veiw my eGift card" from the email

Page Not Found
We're sorry, the page you requested cannot be found. Please make sure you have typed the address correctly into your browser.

Learn more about CVS/pharmacy eGift Cards or purchase an eGift Card from CVS/pharmacy.

I did. It's because the card was returned. Go to the original e-mail that was sent to you. Click on the bottom where it says "eGift Card Customer Support" and it will tell you the status of whether or not it was returned. If it was sent and is still in good order, you should be able to click on the "Received" tab and see the code.

I called them and asked why it was returned and they couldn't tell me why.

Thrilla said:   valen9838 said:   Anybody getting this page not found error message when clicking on "veiw my eGift card" from the email

Page Not Found

I did. It's because the card was returned. Go to the original e-mail that was sent to you. Click on the bottom where it says "eGift Card Customer Support" and it will tell you the status of whether or not it was returned. If it was sent and is still in good order, you should be able to click on the "Received" tab and see the code.

I called them and asked why it was returned and they couldn't tell me why.

Thanks
Yea, i just called too and they couldn't tell me why either.

snoopdogg1 said:   I believe that CVS gift cards can be used to purchase prescriptions, so this would be a good money saver for anyone who fills a lot of scripts.

Thanks to you and others for pointing this out. I have to do a lot of scripts avery year, and another 20% savings is great. I am already doing scripts through an FSA (sometimes called pre-tax medical). ANd now I will have to buy these using discover card (another 5% CashBack for online purchases).

So, pretax saves 28%, then eGC is another 20%, then Discover is 5% more...

>Can you get Cash Back on giftcards purchase?
Its not a Drugstore purchase so wont meet that category, shows up as cashstar, not sure about a referral.

expired said:   >Can you get Cash Back on giftcards purchase?
Its not a Drugstore purchase so wont meet that category, shows up as cashstar, not sure about a referral.

SInce you didn't quote me, I wasn't sure if you were talking to me.

Discover card has 5% CashBack on all internet purchases.... so I should be good to go with that (I don'tr care if it is CVS, or CashStar, as long as it shows as internet purchase).

sneakers said:   snoopdogg1 said:   I believe that CVS gift cards can be used to purchase prescriptions, so this would be a good money saver for anyone who fills a lot of scripts.

mine won't let me. They used to and now they give me some BS about the insurance companies won't take them.

They are completely full of crap. Demand to speak with the manager or call corporate. I've been using these for years for co-pays at CVS.

Technologist said:   snoopdogg1 said:   I believe that CVS gift cards can be used to purchase prescriptions, so this would be a good money saver for anyone who fills a lot of scripts.

Thanks to you and others for pointing this out. I have to do a lot of scripts avery year, and another 20% savings is great. I am already doing scripts through an FSA (sometimes called pre-tax medical). ANd now I will have to buy these using discover card (another 5% CashBack for online purchases).

When you SHOPDISCOVER, what retailer do you click on? It's not a CVS purchase, it's CASHSTAR.

burkotron5k said:   These can be a real pain redeeming. Must be done at register, and often times the cashier doesn't know what to do. TIME = MONEY

That's been exactly my experience. I've done the $150/$30 for the last two years, but I think I'm skipping it this time. The cashier almost always tries to scan it like they would the ExtraBucks rewards, and that doesn't work. Sometimes he or she tries to give up after that, and I have to press them on it. I say something like "it's just like a gift card, only on paperů can you try scanning as a gift card?" Usually the manager has to do it for them. Of course, YMMV.

peepsiemom said:   When you SHOPDISCOVER, what retailer do you click on? It's not a CVS purchase, it's CASHSTAR.5% is not from ShopDiscover

Discover's quarterly (Oct-Dec) 5% bonus category is "online shopping & dept stores" -- since you're buying these eGCs online, you should be able to get 5% on it

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/cashback-bonus/cashback-ca...

peepsiemom said:   Technologist said:   snoopdogg1 said:   I believe that CVS gift cards can be used to purchase prescriptions, so this would be a good money saver for anyone who fills a lot of scripts.

When you SHOPDISCOVER, what retailer do you click on? It's not a CVS purchase, it's CASHSTAR.

He's talking about the promo where Discover gives 5% Cash Back on all purchases made online up to $1500. No shopping portal required.

Called customer service this morning before placing my order to make sure that the deal is still on. She said yes. I got the actual gift card but not the free one. Called customer service and have been on hold for 20 minutes now.

I received the $50 giftcard but not the free $10. Called Cash Star and was on hold for 30 minutes. They then transferred me to CVS because the free gift card is through them. CVS rep took my info and told me that they will investigate and will call me back in 3 to 5 days. This is so not worth the hassle! But now I'll have to call Cash Star again to see if I can get a refund and I so do not want to be on hold for another 30 minutes just for them to tell me no refund. They have the correct email because I got the receipt.

My CVS is competitive on brand name milk always. It is also the most close to home, has good hours, a good selection and a Redbox. This is a sound deal for 20% off the best price in town for milk for me.

Just a warning for those who are planning to purchase multiple gift cards. I've had gift cards I purchased three days ago that were approved and issued only to end up being returned three days later. No communication from CVS or Cashstar, I didn't find out until I checked the balance today.

Thrilla said:   Just a warning for those who are planning to purchase multiple gift cards. I've had gift cards I purchased three days ago that were approved and issued only to end up being returned three days later. No communication from CVS or Cashstar, I didn't find out until I checked the balance today.

Were they charged to the same credit card? Some credit card companies decline transactions for the same amount from the same merchant within a very short period - something about accidentally ringing up the same purchase multiple times.

in for $100+$20, thanks OP. Call a phone call less than 5 minutes after my order to confirm credit card issuer company and customer service number for that card.

PrincipalMember said:   Thrilla said:   Just a warning for those who are planning to purchase multiple gift cards. I've had gift cards I purchased three days ago that were approved and issued only to end up being returned three days later. No communication from CVS or Cashstar, I didn't find out until I checked the balance today.

Were they charged to the same credit card? Some credit card companies decline transactions for the same amount from the same merchant within a very short period - something about accidentally ringing up the same purchase multiple times.

Nope...these were transactions that were approved and spread over multiple cards.

Is the deal still on ? I dont see the Free GC promotion on the website.

Thrilla said:   PrincipalMember said:   Thrilla said:   Just a warning for those who are planning to purchase multiple gift cards. I've had gift cards I purchased three days ago that were approved and issued only to end up being returned three days later. No communication from CVS or Cashstar, I didn't find out until I checked the balance today.

Nope...these were transactions that were approved and spread over multiple cards.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked mine - they are still alive - charged to different cards and sent to different email addresses.

draju said:   Is the deal still on ? I dont see the Free GC promotion on the website.

I think it's dead. I just ordered one and did not get the bonus.

ubermichaelthomas said:   What do you guys buy from CVS? I always thought they were very expensive relative to a WalMart or Target? By necessity because they were smaller stores, open more hours, and thus the convenience cost is added in like buying stuff from a gas station.

Boy are missing the boat by NOT shopping CVS. Need to know HOW to shop there. A site I learned from and then ck. weekly is southernsavers.com. They'll teach you all you need to know. Most times they pay me to shop there.
Once you get the hang of it, it's easy.

peste386 said:   draju said:   Is the deal still on ? I dont see the Free GC promotion on the website.

Yup dead. I clicked on the original email - don't see any mention of the bonus. That is a sure sign of it being dead.

Made an order on 11/26, returned yesterday.
Called this morning, they had no explanation for the return, but advised me to make another order.
I did with a different credit card, then it was returned again.
I'm pissed with CVS' gift card service!!!

UltimateTraveler said:   Made an order on 11/26, returned yesterday.
Called this morning, they had no explanation for the return, but advised me to make another order.

Yeah, just saw that all my cards were returned.

Thrilla said:   UltimateTraveler said:   Made an order on 11/26, returned yesterday.

Yeah, just saw that all my cards were returned.

What do u mean by all your cards were returned?

I meant that all my cards are returned. Not by me.

PrincipalMember said:   peste386 said:   draju said:   Is the deal still on ? I dont see the Free GC promotion on the website.

Yup dead. I clicked on the original email - don't see any mention of the bonus. That is a sure sign of it being dead.

Actually, I woke up this morning and had a $5 gift card waiting for me in my mailbox. I guess it wasn't dead, or somebody was feeling mighty generous. I suggest that if you would have a use for the $25 gift card anyway then you might as well give it a try. You have nothing to lose.

Just spoke to Dorothy from the CVS E-GiftCard hotline. 877 259-7078.
She said promo is good til 12/4,

I'll try $100 for the $20 bonus.

I ordered the other day.

Placed 3 orders, each for the same amount, using the same credit card, and same email addresses (to and from).

Orders went through quickly, and I recieved both the Gift cards AND the Bonus Gift cards quickly.

I went to the links last night and printed all the GCs out (3 GCs and 3 Bonus GCs)... and also saved them as PDFs so I can reprint them should I damage the originals.

I put the printouts in a folder I keep handy for medical expenses throughout the year.

So far, no issues... and no phone calls after ordering, so Don't know why everyone was having problems.

Thrilla said:   I meant that all my cards are returned. Not by me.

Same thing happened with me, using my Discover, twice. I called D and they said they sent authorization for charge. Another company that cant execute.

Anyone have any cards that were returned but have not had their funds refunded back to their payment account yet? It's been almost 10 days for me, this is getting to be a real PITA.

Technologist said:   I ordered the other day.

Placed 3 orders, each for the same amount, using the same credit card, and same email addresses (to and from).

Orders went through quickly, and I recieved both the Gift cards AND the Bonus Gift cards quickly.

I went to the links last night and printed all the GCs out (3 GCs and 3 Bonus GCs)... and also saved them as PDFs so I can reprint them should I damage the originals.

I put the printouts in a folder I keep handy for medical expenses throughout the year.

So far, no issues... and no phone calls after ordering, so Don't know why everyone was having problems.

I received the gift cards and bonus cards too. But when I decided to check the balances two days later, they disappeared. I never received a phone call to let me know that the cards were being returned.

If I didn't think to check it, I would have probably went to CVS to use my cards only to have them declined. I suggest anyone who placed multiple orders to check if your cards still have $$ in them.

Thrilla said:   

I received the gift cards and bonus cards too. But when I decided to check the balances two days later, they disappeared. I never received a phone call to let me know that the cards were being returned.

I have a question for you. Did you use Discover? Discover is becoming a big pain in the rear. The other day I was buying the $1 Ipad pouch from Ben's outlet and my charge to Discover was declined. I figured that I typed in something wrong - so I just used another card. But on my Discover I see a charge for 0.99 from Ben's and another credit for 0.99 from Ben's. So I did type in the wrong number.

And then just yesterday, I purchased a bunch of stuff from another store - I had like 14/15 items in my shopping card - total bill around $200. I go off to do a few errands and Discover is all over me - calls to my home phone, email to me, my online account frozen. They basically declined this particular transaction. In my opinion for no rhyme or reason. They said something like - since they have zero fraud prevention guarantee, they are extra pro-active in trying to catch fraud. Yeah - right - you decline my transaction, my goods may not be longer be available. So my decision is stick to AMEX for such transactions - can't have Discover mess up a good deal.

I called discover and they provided me with approval codes and said it wasnt on their end.

Technologist said:   I ordered the other day.

All of mine were ordered using Discover.

Just checked them today, and all of them have the expectred value on them (except for one of the "gift" ones, which I used immediately).

Speaking of using one.... My wife used it to pick up a Rx. Forgot that pharmacists aren't as savvy when ringing things up... she had a fit making it work, then INSISTED on keeping the paper for her drawer. My wife tried everything (she asked does she keep PLASTIC gift cards for her drawer? and THIS isn't a coupon you need to keep, it is a GIFT CARD, AND what if this were a 50 gift card and we only spend 25; are you gonna try and keep that too???).

She finally relented (kind of). She made a copy of it, wrote COPY all over it, and VOID... and handed it back. and ONLY because my wife told her she wasn't leaving the store without it, because I have always told her to bring home even completely USED gift cards... (that's another story, but I NEVER let the cashier keep ANY gift card).

Anyways, I hope everything works for everyone else as well as my experiance is going....

Ordered on November 30th. Never got the bonus cards. Called in, they said it was only for Cyber Monday so I cancelled mine.

Technologist said:   

She finally relented (kind of). She made a copy of it, wrote COPY all over it, and VOID... and handed it back. and ONLY because my wife told her she wasn't leaving the store without it, because I have always told her to bring home even completely USED gift cards... (that's another story, but I NEVER let the cashier keep ANY gift card).

I hope things work out for you. Once you have given somebody a copy, you have given them the keys to use your gift card - they can scan it for their purchases! [Unless the void somehow prevents a scan - but if I remember right, the cards have a number too]. If the card has too much money, you may want to call Cashstar to have them issue you a new one for the value. If very few dollars, try to use ASAP.

BTW - if you DW/DH is not a fatwallet type person, don't send them shopping with this stuff. Way too overwhelming for them sometimes!

With regards to completely used gift cards - yes - you do want to keep them if you have a "returnable" item. Some store systems will return back to the gift card and if you don't have it, you don't have the refund!

PrincipalMember said:   Technologist said:   

I hope things work out for you. Once you have given somebody a copy, you have given them the keys to use your gift card - they can scan it for their purchases! [Unless the void somehow prevents a scan - but if I remember right, the cards have a number too]. If the card has too much money, you may want to call Cashstar to have them issue you a new one for the value. If very few dollars, try to use ASAP.

BTW - if you DW/DH is not a fatwallet type person, don't send them shopping with this stuff. Way too overwhelming for them sometimes!

With regards to completely used gift cards - yes - you do want to keep them if you have a "returnable" item. Some store systems will return back to the gift card and if you don't have it, you don't have the refund!

That's why I wasn't upset that they gave the wife a copy... because the Paper gift card was fully used. But in principal, I have told my wife not to surrender anything to cashiers. Except coupons. If they try again with these gift cards, she is supposed to call a manager (and if necessary, call me). And if all else fails, she will use a credit card, and I will go back to the store later with the gift card and "Teach them" how to use their own gift cards...

And what you said about gift cards and retuirns is only 1 reason not to give them up.

and I won't detail the 2nd reason (because someone will try it and go to jail). And the amounts here are not misdemeanor charges.

but the 3rd reason is because cashier are low paid. If I go into a store and buy $25 worth of stuff and use a $25 gift card, which I then give to the cashier, they "could" wait until I leave and then reverse the transaction. They just cost the store $25 in "unpaid" merchandise, and got themselves a $25 gift card for their "slick deal". And yes I care about the store, because employee theft cause cost to go up for consumers.... and nearly half of retail "loss" is by employees.

The fourth reason is also theft related, but it is where an employee rips off a customer. The employee doesn't need my "used" gift card to do this, but it makes it easier. They just do a switcheroo with a gift card the next customer uses, handing back a lower balnce gift card, or an empty (or never activated) gift card.

Technologist said:   

That's why I wasn't upset that they gave the wife a copy... because the Paper gift card was fully used. But in principal, I have told my wife not to surrender anything to cashiers. Except coupons. If they try again with these gift cards, she is supposed to call a manager (and if necessary, call me). And if all else fails, she will use a credit card, and I will go back to the store later with the gift card and "Teach them" how to use their own gift cards...

And what you said about gift cards and retuirns is only 1 reason not to give them up.

and I won't detail the 2nd reason (because someone will try it and go to jail). And the amounts here are not misdemeanor charges.

but the 3rd reason is because cashier are low paid. If I go into a store and buy $25 worth of stuff and use a $25 gift card, which I then give to the cashier, they "could" wait until I leave and then reverse the transaction. They just cost the store $25 in "unpaid" merchandise, and got themselves a $25 gift card for their "slick deal". And yes I care about the store, because employee theft cause cost to go up for consumers.... and nearly half of retail "loss" is by employees.

The fourth reason is also theft related, but it is where an employee rips off a customer. The employee doesn't need my "used" gift card to do this, but it makes it easier. They just do a switcheroo with a gift card the next customer uses, handing back a lower balnce gift card, or an empty (or never activated) gift card.

Once my CVS gift card is used up, I don't care what they want to do with the printout. For all I care, they can display at the front of the store. Also, once I have bought merchandise legally, I don't really care about how the store monitors thefts. Next thing you will say - don't pay by cash since they will reverse the transaction and keep the cash for themselves. And by the way, the employees don't need your gift card to do the switcheroo - they can buy their own cards and have a stack for doing the switcheroo. Based on all you said, I am thinking of hiring a bodyguard. My gift card has $150 - what if the store employee comes after me in the parking lot - I better carry protection with my precious $150

And I can't believe you made your spouse argue about store keeping a spent gift card - particularly you can print another one if you like. There should be law against people like you for "spousal abuse".

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.