• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.dailysteals.com/heist/4955/Apple-iPad-3-32GB-4G

A shorter warranty (90 days) comparing to Apple refurbish one (1 year) on Apple.com, but $150 lower than Apple.com

Member Summary

iPad 3 32GB 4G (23.18kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I love how dailysteals loves to through around "factory recertified" when these are clearly not re-certified from the factory...

I agree with arribasn. I wouldn't buy anything from Dailysteals...ever. Ripped off once, shame on you. Ripped off twice, shame on me!

they are currently selling ipad 2 16gb verizon wifi+3g for $299. seems like a good deal to me. is dailysteal just not a trustworthy website? why?

If it was ATT instead of Verizon, I'd really consider it... thanks for posting though!

I'm with the others. "Factory certified" in DailySteals Lingo means that the product will probably work, but it'll look like someone took it through a warzone and may be missing parts.

arribasn said:   I love how dailysteals loves to through around "factory recertified" when these are clearly not re-certified from the factory...

This. All Apple refurbished products have a 1-year warranty, period.

esoterica said:   arribasn said:   I love how dailysteals loves to through around "factory recertified" when these are clearly not re-certified from the factory...

This. All Apple refurbished products have a 1-year warranty, period.

Exactly. This is recertified by someone in an unnamed factory but not Apple. There are no standards about what "refurbished" or "recertified" mean so those terms mean little.

Hmmm, Just ordered this off DS thinking it would be Apple refurbished. Should I be worried? Does anyone know if it'll come with appropriate accessories and hopefully in OEM packaging? Hopefully it does have an Apple 1 year warranty, but the product page says 90 days?

nm

chrisarmstrongotron said:   Hmmm, Just ordered this off DS thinking it would be Apple refurbished. Should I be worried? Does anyone know if it'll come with appropriate accessories and hopefully in OEM packaging? Hopefully it does have an Apple 1 year warranty, but the product page says 90 days?

Be afraid, be very afraid.

chrisarmstrongotron said:   Hmmm, Just ordered this off DS thinking it would be Apple refurbished. Should I be worried? Does anyone know if it'll come with appropriate accessories and hopefully in OEM packaging? Hopefully it does have an Apple 1 year warranty, but the product page says 90 days?

If they were refurbs done by Apple, they'd have a 1 year warranty. If they had a one-year warranty, you can bet that DS would have made that clear.

These are likely "trade-ins" from sites such as Gazelle and other retailers who do that. In other words, it's just a used iPad.

This is not Apple Refurbished! The factory is not Apple.
USED is what you will get! 90-day warranty.

Got one of these and its definitely a mixed bag. Took it to the Apple Store to see if there was a chance of getting Apple care - didn't unbox it until I got there. Its got a scratch in the glass a couple of dings in the metal casing. It doesn't have a SIM - something they definitely left off of the description. Apple Store looked up the serial number - it was activated in June. So definitely not eligible to buy Applecare protection. Given the scratched glass alone I'm going to return it although it looks like Daily Steals is definitely going to try to drag its feet and try to steal my money. Once this is done I think I'm going to put them on my spam filter list.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014