• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Doing it again for December 2012. Just saw a commercial on AMC.

$2 six-inch sub sandwich promotion for the month of December.
The deal is good only on meatball and cold-cut subs.

Of course YMMV, and participation varies.

Oh, and we don't need any health advice, it's a $2 sandwich thanks!

Ad is on their facebook wall...
https://www.facebook.com/subway

Member Summary

subway (57.41kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

sub (19.04kB)
Thanks ZombieHunter
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I went to the subway website to find out what's in a cold cut trio, it said turkey based meats, so it contains no pork?

isaacoply (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 8:49p) |

We stopped by today and picked-up a couple of the $2 coldcut combos.
Was pleasantly surprised that they put cheese on the... (more)

iowahawkeye (Dec. 17, 2012 @ 1:51p) |

Haha, I wondered the same thing when it says: The Cold Cut Combo is stacked with turkey-based meats - ham, salami and bo... (more)

TheGMan (Dec. 17, 2012 @ 2:01p) |

• Also categorized in:

FYI $3 Chicken this month.

2 bucks and tasty as well. Green for u OP

ZombieHunter said:   Oh, and we don't need any health advice, it's a $2 sandwich thanks!

I hear that!

Thanks for the heads up, my kids love the meatball subs. This will make for a cheap 'dinner' out with Dad.

Can one open any official link on handheld (to show the counter person)?

Anyone ever look at how healthy these things are?

SERVING SIZE (g) 317
CALORIES 530 Calories from Fat 200
TOTAL FAT (g) 21
Saturated Fat (g) 9
Trans Fat* (g) 0.5
CHOLESTEROL (mg) 45
SODIUM (mg) 1090

A Big Mac is 10 grams saturated fat.....this is 9. Jared didn't eat these to lose weight.....

THIS IS FOR THE 6IN!!!!!

opathal said:   Anyone ever look at how healthy these things are?

SERVING SIZE (g) 317
TOTAL FAT (g) 21
Saturated Fat (g) 9
Trans Fat* (g) 0.5
CHOLESTEROL (mg) 45
SODIUM (mg) 1090

A Big Mac is 10 grams saturated fat.....this is 9. Jared didn't eat these to lose weight.....

yes we have looked. no we don't care.

SERVING SIZE (g) 317
TOTAL FAT (g) 21
Saturated Fat (g) 9
Trans Fat* (g) 0.5
CHOLESTEROL (mg) 45
SODIUM (mg) 1090

I like to refer to it as flavor.

SERVING SIZE (g) 317
TOTAL FAT (g) 21
Saturated Fat (g) 9
Trans Fat* (g) 0.5
CHOLESTEROL (mg) 45
SODIUM (mg) 1090

Correct! There's been large amounts of material written about Jared and the Subway commercials and what his diet was. True, he did not eat the meatball subs there but WHO CARES?! This posting was about a deal at Subway and NOT about Jared or the healthiness of Subway sandwiches. I can pretty much guarantee you eat things that aren't exactly healthy either (just about everyone does) but eating a Subway meatball sandwich and saying you'll get sick and or fat from it? That's just stupid unless you eat 'em all the time and then you've probably got bigger problems than just your diet.

SERVING SIZE (g) 317
TOTAL FAT (g) 21
Saturated Fat (g) 9
Trans Fat* (g) 0.5
CHOLESTEROL (mg) 45
SODIUM (mg) 1090

OP said "Oh, and we don't need any health advice, it's a $2 sandwich thanks!"

bugsie said:   opathal said:   Anyone ever look at how healthy these things are?

SERVING SIZE (g) 317
TOTAL FAT (g) 21
Saturated Fat (g) 9
Trans Fat* (g) 0.5
CHOLESTEROL (mg) 45
SODIUM (mg) 1090

Correct! There's been large amounts of material written about Jared and the Subway commercials and what his diet was. True, he did not eat the meatball subs there but WHO CARES?! This posting was about a deal at Subway and NOT about Jared or the healthiness of Subway sandwiches. I can pretty much guarantee you eat things that aren't exactly healthy either (just about everyone does) but eating a
Subway meatball sandwich and saying you'll get sick and or fat from it? That's just stupid unless you eat 'em all the time and then you've probably got bigger problems than just your diet.

Stop making sense! The busybody self proclaimed food police trolls have no use for your logic!

kdfjladjgladjgklajglad I just bought a footlong meatball today too!

edit: I'm a meatball. It's still November.

So, back to actual question:

How many carbs? Is this nutrition info on the cold cut trio or meatball?

SinglePapa said:   So, back to actual question:

Are you asking if it is on their website? No, it is at participating stores, if yours isn't, it's doubtful showing them anything will help.

Slydawg1 said:   How many carbs? Is this nutrition info on the cold cut trio or meatball?

it's a 6" sub, if you are worried about carbs, avoid subs.

HERE

ZombieHunter said:   Slydawg1 said:   How many carbs? Is this nutrition info on the cold cut trio or meatball?

it's a 6" sub, if you are worried about carbs, avoid subs.

HERE

He could be a type-1 diabetic who needs to count carbs for an insulin dose. I have run into this with a dibetic teen.

OP, Subway's personnel is varied. On Veteran's Day, the two employees of the one in Times Sq didn't know what "Veteran's Day" was. This is a real life story.
On the same day, the other four Subways located on 8th and 9th Ave literally minutes away served a free sandwich to veterans with a cheer.

An official reference to your announced deal could make a YES out of a NO, which is a 100% varience. We'll be traveling in a large group from NYC to Orlando, and such official evidence could make considerable difference for us everywhere along the 1100-mile run. Mostly, I'm interested in Orlando points

I remember that previous monthly Subway $2 offers had coupons (which of course were unlimited for any particular month). That thread last year got over a hundred green!

SERVING SIZE (g) 317
TOTAL FAT (g) 21
Saturated Fat (g) 9
Trans Fat* (g) 0.5
CHOLESTEROL (mg) 45
SODIUM (mg) 1090

THIS IS FOR THE 6IN!!!!!
that's really not that bad. for example, i'll eat 4-5 small meals a day and aim for ~20g of fat per meal, 21g is not that much. you can get some whole grains from the bread (if you order whole wheat) and will get protein from the meat and a bit from the bread/cheese too. if you have one of these subs and a veggie/piece of fruit for lunch you could certainly do much worse.

with that said every subway sub i've ever eaten was god awful but i'll give this a try once more. not expecting much but thanks for the heads up for a cheap lunch op :]

Actually, "OPATHAL" is totally out of bounds on the nutritional values. Here are the real ones:

Cold Cut Combo 6" = 13gr Fat
http://www.subway.com/menu/Product.aspx?&CC=USA&LC=ENG&MenuTypeI...

Meatbal 6" = 18gr Fat
http://www.subway.com/Menu/Product.aspx?CC=USA&LC=ENG&ProductId=...

SERVING SIZE (g) 317
TOTAL FAT (g) 21
Saturated Fat (g) 9
Trans Fat* (g) 0.5
CHOLESTEROL (mg) 45
SODIUM (mg) 1090

THIS IS FOR THE 6IN!!!!!

I'll double up on my Lipator that day. LOL

love the lmgtfy link, I've never seen that before

Deal On!

so has the offer been mentioned anywhere on-line?

Last time, and the for the last time, I had a meatball sub there the balls were like rubber and kept dropping out or because they're slippery just shot out of the sandwich as I chomped into it.

And the sandwich became soggy saturated in the sauce and it was one godawful mess in a heap. Not my type of lunch.

SinglePapa said:   so has the offer been mentioned anywhere on-line?

Text

SinglePapa said:   so has the offer been mentioned anywhere on-line?

Yes it is on their website (they show you near by locations on a map - with directions)
$2 Customer Appreciation Month special
at participating U.S. SUBWAY® restaurants (call and ask if their location appreciates you - only when you pay full price)

I worked at subway in high school. In my 1.5 years there, I gained 25 pounds. When I quit, I lost the weight quite quickly. That's my little story. It probably wasn't the sandwiches, but rather the half dozen cookie and few cokes i consumed each day. Subway is about as healthy as you choose it to be.

I went to the subway website to find out what's in a cold cut trio, it said turkey based meats, so it contains no pork?

We stopped by today and picked-up a couple of the $2 coldcut combos.
Was pleasantly surprised that they put cheese on the special-priced sanwiches.
They offer their breakfast menu all day now, so I got a small one of those, too.
(had never tried. it was pretty good.)

The receipt has website to take a one-minute survey for a food freebie.
(turns out to be a free cookie from same restaurant, expires in a month..the survey gives you a validation number to write on your receipt)

my tummy is happy

isaacoply said:   I went to the subway website to find out what's in a cold cut trio, it said turkey based meats, so it contains no pork?
Haha, I wondered the same thing when it says: The Cold Cut Combo is stacked with turkey-based meats - ham, salami and bologna. Since when is ham made out of turkey? All the meat by product slices looked the same though.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014