• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link to deal

If you need a garbage disposal, this is the BEST!

LIFETIME In-Home Service Warranty

Price is now only $92.78. It says $115.97 on the product page, but it's 20% off when you get to final checkout page!

Edit: This was $87.xx yesterday during a lightning deal. That ended, but it's only $92.78 now. A great deal. Usual price is $115

Member Summary

Waste King L-8000 1HP Disposer
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Great timing, in the middle of a kitchen makeover and wife mentioned she wanted to put in a disposer. Contractor will pu... (more)

brokedude (Nov. 29, 2012 @ 12:27a) |

For those that purchased, its now approx $10 cheaper, upon final order review. I got an Amazon credit applied to my acc... (more)

JaxFL (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 6:03a) |

Now giving an extra 20% off in cart...
Now priced at 109.97 - 20% = $87.98,,, wheeeeeee

aprince04 (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 7:57a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is the lowest price in at least the last 3 years.. CamelCamelCamel

Typically sells for $115 or so..

Give the gift that says minced garbage this holiday season!

seodude said:   Give the gift that says minced garbage this holiday season!

I'll put it away for our Anniversary, the wife will love it.

Waste not, want not.

Nothing says: "Merry Christmas I want a divorce" like a garbage disposal for the holidays.

Got 1 just 'coz price was so low. Have Badger-1 (1/3 HP) installed in my house and works perfectly well. Green for OP.

Thanks!!!

Just installed one of these (WalMart has for $110 everyday, so still a great deal), but picked up another. FYI...for those who do not have a plug but wish to hard wire it, you basically have to destroy/cut the rubber grommet that holds the plug in place. Its not just a latter of simply removing. Not a big deal though. I like the fact that the in sink rubber shield is replaceable. Keep in mind that you often have to get a 10'' waste pipe that has the flange on it, as the one supplied is an elbow, and I have yet to see one that doesnt go straight across to secondary drain.

The lightning deal is over BUT the price is now only $92.78. It says $115.97 on the product page, but it's 20% off when you get to final checkout page!

Still a fabulous deal!

This is the #1 rated disposer on Consumerreports.org, and the #2 is also a Waste King (different model.) Great post!

You can also get the 1/2 HP model for $59.99. The final price of $59.99 shows when you go all the way to checkout..

Link to 1/2HP

Crap, this is a nice deal. I wanted to put something like this in my house when it was under construction but my crooked GC at that time was hitting me with huge markups on extras and he wanted to charge me a full $200 extra for a change order from a standard 1/2hp to even a 3/4hp model. One thing to keep in mind is that the higher the HP rating on a disposal, the more space it will take up under your sink. I bet you could not clog a 1hp disposal with any amount of waste that is appropriate to put down the sink, so the $33 extra to upgrade from the 1/2hp model Bizatch mentions to the OP's full 1HP unit is money well spent. Let me tell you from personal experience that trying unclog peelings from a dinner for 12 and subsequently replacing a disposal isn't the way you want to spend a Thanksgiving morning and afternoon.

^^^^^
Hard to jam 1-HP disposal, however, backups are another story.
Had 3 apartments I rented out for 20+ years:
Be *sure* to run water for a minute or two after every use,
this will get the waste you just added to system, down to the sewers
and not piling up in the house drain lines somewhere.
Once a month, or more frequently, fill sink with water,
then turn on disposer, and let the 5-6 gallons in the sink
flush-away debris in pipes.
In the 20+ years I had those apartments, where tenants got same
instruction, only had to deal with backed-up drains once.

Make sure it fits your plumbing, unless you want to replumb.

Just purchased this last week, arrived today, for my kitchen remodel. Where was this a week ago. For the money these are the best garbage disposal around. If you have the builder grade badger, it is worth the money to upgrade. Many complain that the flange/strainer has the company name stamped in it.

Coming to $90.71 in my cart...tempting. I'm no plumber...what's the going rate to have this installed?

Call around. Its going to be a lot more if you need the electrical done too. I've got to figure out how I'm installing it, I need to run wires.. the plumbing part should be a lot easier.

I got in on this deal when it was first posted (might have been a few $ cheaper)... so now I am in the midst of a kitchen remodel and had a plumber in recently who saw this disposal laying around and said that it's the worst on the market and that the company doesn't honor the warranty.

Any idea if this is true?

I'm probably just going to ignore him, I already spent the money, don't want to pay return shipping, and really don't care about the warranty because if it breaks and they don't honor it, I'll just replace it... and will be out what, another $100 or so on another model? I've installed one previously and it's not exactly rocket science...

Sounds like a plumber that wanted to sell you something else.

Great timing, in the middle of a kitchen makeover and wife mentioned she wanted to put in a disposer. Contractor will put an outlet in the area as we didn't have a disposer there prior. What else would I need to complete the install? I am assuming I will just need a switch to operate it (on/off switch) correct? Also any tips for a first time owner in terms of maintenance and what can / cannot be put down the disposer? Thanks.

For those that purchased, its now approx $10 cheaper, upon final order review. I got an Amazon credit applied to my account, for subsequent purchase.

Now giving an extra 20% off in cart...
Now priced at 109.97 - 20% = $87.98,,, wheeeeeee

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014