• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
if you earned Kohls cash on the $15 KC wys $50 promo last week, you can NOW REDEEM It online and take advantage of FREE SHIPPING NO MINIMUMS!!!

fs no minimum ends 11/27, so not much time!

www.kohls.com

Kohl's
See Kohl's coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Kohls Cash (54.31kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I hope you're right. (that we can still return and get KMRC)

watssion (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 1:58a) |

Kohl's needs better accountants. The amount, whether in KC or KMRC, is already a liability of the store, so exchanging o... (more)

zeugma (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 5:09p) |

Write to them. If they adopt your ideas, they might offer you some real money.

aarzi (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 6:15p) |

Staff Summary
  • Kohl's Coupons:
    SAVE20LPS
    20% off any order (expires 5/2/14 12:59am)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

the 20% cyber20 does not apply to Kohls cash purchases, though it will work for free shipping.

mattlauraeva said:   the 20% cyber20 does not apply to Kohls cash purchases, though it will work for free shipping.


yes, it will work for any overage amount.

for instance, you buy a $19.99 item, apply $15 Kohls cash, you can still get 20% off the $4.99 remainder. that's why I included it cause sometimes what you want is slightly more than what the Kohls cash will cover.

MISTERCHEAP said:   mattlauraeva said:   the 20% cyber20 does not apply to Kohls cash purchases, though it will work for free shipping.
yes, it will work for any overage amount.

for instance, you buy a $19.99 item, apply $15 Kohls cash, you can still get 20% off the $4.99 remainder. that's why I included it cause sometimes what you want is slightly more than what the Kohls cash will cover.
This is a good deal if you have no nearby Kohls, but using Kohls Cash like this cheats customers out of the full value of it. In this case, if the 20% were applied first, it would be $20 - $4 (20%) = $16 - $15 KC = $1. Instead, it's $20 - 15 = $5 - $1 (20%) = $4. If you were to buy something with the Kohls Cash and then return it to get a merchandise credit (gift card), you'd be able to do the first calculation with a $15 gift card. You would pay sales tax on the $15 in that scenario and not in the case where you're using Kohls Cash and keeping the item, but the full value of the 20% off beats it.

billrubin said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   mattlauraeva said:   the 20% cyber20 does not apply to Kohls cash purchases, though it will work for free shipping.
yes, it will work for any overage amount.

for instance, you buy a $19.99 item, apply $15 Kohls cash, you can still get 20% off the $4.99 remainder. that's why I included it cause sometimes what you want is slightly more than what the Kohls cash will cover.
This is a good deal if you have no nearby Kohls, but using Kohls Cash like this cheats customers out of the full value of it. In this case, if the 20% were applied first, it would be $20 - $4 (20%) = $16 - $15 KC = $1. Instead, it's $20 - 15 = $5 - $1 (20%) = $4. If you were to buy something with the Kohls Cash and then return it to get a merchandise credit (gift card), you'd be able to do the first calculation with a $15 gift card. You would pay sales tax on the $15 in that scenario and not in the case where you're using Kohls Cash and keeping the item, but the full value of the 20% off beats it.



Bill,

this is also a very nice set up in that you can ship a gift to anyone in the USA this way. Going to a store to spend Kohls cash if the item is for yourself is great, but at this time of year, anytime you can save on shipping costs of a gift is a major plus.

Plus there are many things carried online that simply aren't available at the store. or very hard to find.

I searched, nothing worth noting, will check B&M. Seems like a reduced catalog during cash redeem period.

Except the 20% discount is online only... Also you're basically only losing $3 in discount no matter what.

malicefairy said:   Except the 20% discount is online only... Also you're basically only losing $3 in discount no matter what.
If you got Kohls Cash, that means you have a Kohls credit card and you also get the cyber20 in the mail so you can go B&M, but if you wait, the 25%off B&M is coming this weekend and you get an extra 5% off this weekend.

You dont need a Kohls CC to get Kohls cash

ElGuache said:   malicefairy said:   Except the 20% discount is online only... Also you're basically only losing $3 in discount no matter what.
If you got Kohls Cash, that means you have a Kohls credit card and you also get the cyber20 in the mail so you can go B&M, but if you wait, the 25%off B&M is coming this weekend and you get an extra 5% off this weekend.



you are wrong on multiple accounts. WRONG, WRONG and wrong again.

quick question: Are there large selections of products (looking at home + personal care) at the B&M store than online? I cannot find anything online that I want and wonder if it's worth a trip to the store or not...

jesoon said:   quick question: Are there large selections of products (looking at home + personal care) at the B&M store than online? I cannot find anything online that I want and wonder if it's worth a trip to the store or not...


check out the cool Totes mens accessories 50% off, some neat stuff for $10-15.

as for instore selection, it really will vary from location to location. YMMV on what you find.

Appreciate advice and I was really thinking on some Totes products but their overall ratings are Soooooo low that I'm not sure it's worth the risk. I decided to pay premium to get a sonicare brush head in store....

For those who are wondering what to get, there are sonicare toothbrush heads (proresults) for $30 for a 3-pack that can be used with just about all sonicares except the E series.

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1170445/sonicare-proresults-3-p...

Just a word of warning. Last year, I had a ton of Kohl's cash from the KitchenAid 600 mixer deal I got in on. I ended up buying three watches from it with the intention of returning for store credit. However, one of the watches that shipped apparently was marked as "returned" in their system, so when I tried returning it I couldn't. It probably took 1-2 months of endless phone calls and emails to finally get Kohls to take it back. I had to have them send me a UPS label and ship it back to them since I couldn't return it in-store. Not sure if I just got really unlucky but I'm avoiding any watch purchases at this point. Only reason I did it at the time was because the watches were *.00 even amounts so I was able to eventually get store credit back in the full amount.

Something else to note if you intend on getting store credit back - in terms of their % off coupons w/ KC, it works the same way: they'll deduct the store credit *first* and then any % off coupons.

It would be really cool if we compiled a list of items that have *.00 amounts or any event amount that one could reach *.00 at. This works out really well when using Kohls cash in full and not being under or going over.

jplee3 said:   It would be really cool if we compiled a list of items that have *.00 amounts or any event amount that one could reach *.00 at. This works out really well when using Kohls cash in full and not being under or going over.


I spent $14.99, I think I'll survive losing one cent of my Kohls cash. It applied just fine, you don't have to spend MORE than or exactly $15 to use it. Not sure what the big deal really is on the .00. I'd rather get stuff I really want and lost a cent than hunt for stuff priced .00. Just my 2 cents (or 1 cent in this case)

jplee3 said:    it works the same way: they'll deduct the store credit *first* and then any % off coupons.

When you say store credit, I think you mean Kohls cash?

MISTERCHEAP said:   jplee3 said:   It would be really cool if we compiled a list of items that have *.00 amounts or any event amount that one could reach *.00 at. This works out really well when using Kohls cash in full and not being under or going over.


I spent $14.99, I think I'll survive losing one cent of my Kohls cash. It applied just fine, you don't have to spend MORE than or exactly $15 to use it. Not sure what the big deal really is on the .00. I'd rather get stuff I really want and lost a cent than hunt for stuff priced .00. Just my 2 cents (or 1 cent in this case)



lol... didn't know that it still applies on *.99 cent items. If that's the case, then forget what I suggested - definitely easier losing 1 cent than hassling over finding the .00 items

gizmo said:   jplee3 said:    it works the same way: they'll deduct the store credit *first* and then any % off coupons.

When you say store credit, I think you mean Kohls cash?


No, I mean store/merchandise credit (I guess it's more correctly termed "merchandise credit?") Anyway, I gave a bunch of MC to my mom and she tried using it in conjunction with % off coupons. They only let her apply the % off *after* deducting from the credit though so she barely used it (she's cheap like me).

Actually we did use it in-store on those $10 rebate items (slow cooker, griddle, and food storage set) in conjunction with those free $10 off anything mailer cards (only on Black Friday). I think that was probably one of the better uses of the merchandise credit

jplee3 said:   Something else to note if you intend on getting store credit back - in terms of their % off coupons w/ KC, it works the same way: they'll deduct the store credit *first* and then any % off coupons.
So this basically helps only in avoiding the KC expiration, correct.

uutxs said:   jplee3 said:   Something else to note if you intend on getting store credit back - in terms of their % off coupons w/ KC, it works the same way: they'll deduct the store credit *first* and then any % off coupons.
So this basically helps only in avoiding the KC expiration, correct.



Pretty much

jplee3 said:   uutxs said:   jplee3 said:   Something else to note if you intend on getting store credit back - in terms of their % off coupons w/ KC, it works the same way: they'll deduct the store credit *first* and then any % off coupons.
So this basically helps only in avoiding the KC expiration, correct.



Pretty much
No. Incorrect.

@uutxs Have you not been reading the posts by jplee3 carefully? You need to be selective whose ranting you are going to heed to.

jplee3 said:   gizmo said:   jplee3 said:    it works the same way: they'll deduct the store credit *first* and then any % off coupons.

When you say store credit, I think you mean Kohls cash?


No, I mean store/merchandise credit (I guess it's more correctly termed "merchandise credit?") Anyway, I gave a bunch of MC to my mom and she tried using it in conjunction with % off coupons. They only let her apply the % off *after* deducting from the credit though so she barely used it (she's cheap like me).

Actually we did use it in-store on those $10 rebate items (slow cooker, griddle, and food storage set) in conjunction with those free $10 off anything mailer cards (only on Black Friday). I think that was probably one of the better uses of the merchandise credit
Seems like the apple did not fall far from the tree.

If we return sth we purchased with KC, do we lose the KC?

Could we just buy something over the KC and pay with a CC, then return and get return credit plus the rest go back to original form of payment ?

aarzi said:   jplee3 said:   uutxs said:   jplee3 said:   Something else to note if you intend on getting store credit back - in terms of their % off coupons w/ KC, it works the same way: they'll deduct the store credit *first* and then any % off coupons.
So this basically helps only in avoiding the KC expiration, correct.



Pretty much
No. Incorrect.

@uutxs Have you not been reading the posts by jplee3 carefully? You need to be selective whose ranting you are going to heed to.


I didn't catch the drift on that... anyway, I think it does avoid KC expiration (although, I've heard Kohls will take expired KC in some cases but YMMV). But if you're concerned about your KC expiring, this is at least one way to "convert" it to merchandise/store credit which doesn't expire.

Hypothetical example: buy a $15 item with your $15 KC, then return the item and ask for store credit back.

There is this thread here, http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1193635/, where some people have run into cashiers who have refused to refund items purchased with KC to store credit. However, it seems most people are able to get their credit without any issues.

I know!

To clarify, this does not help only in avoiding the KC expiration. You can now apply it after the % discount, which does not work the same way as with KC.

And I am not even going to attempt to explain how you misread/misunderstood the thread that you linked. Please go over it again.

watssion said:   If we return sth we purchased with KC, do we lose the KC?

Could we just buy something over the KC and pay with a CC, then return and get return credit plus the rest go back to original form of payment ?
Yes. Works exactly like that.

aarzi said:   I know!

To clarify, this does not help only in avoiding the KC expiration. You can now apply it after the % discount, which does not work the same way as with KC.

And I am not even going to attempt to explain how you misread/misunderstood the thread that you linked. Please go over it again.



The thread I linked has a lot of conflicting information in it. I just linked it because it's another discussion related to this one and may provide further insight.

As far as using merchandise credit AFTER the % discount - is this a recent change in policy or something?

If not, perhaps my mom ran into a cashier who just wasn't following policy? But she told me that, at least at the Kohls she goes to, they take the % discounts off *after* the credit has been applied. Maybe this is a YMMV thing from store-to-store - I know some stores don't follow corporate policy as they should (seems there might be some disconnect between corp and the stores).

Ordered a boys tee (93159564) and coffe mugs (92208781). Thanks for reminding OP.

jplee3 said:   aarzi said:   I know!

To clarify, this does not help only in avoiding the KC expiration. You can now apply it after the % discount, which does not work the same way as with KC.

And I am not even going to attempt to explain how you misread/misunderstood the thread that you linked. Please go over it again.



The thread I linked has a lot of conflicting information in it. I just linked it because it's another discussion related to this one and may provide further insight.

As far as using merchandise credit AFTER the % discount - is this a recent change in policy or something?

If not, perhaps my mom ran into a cashier who just wasn't following policy? But she told me that, at least at the Kohls she goes to, they take the % discounts off *after* the credit has been applied. Maybe this is a YMMV thing from store-to-store - I know some stores don't follow corporate policy as they should (seems there might be some disconnect between corp and the stores).
There is no YMMV on this. If we are talking about KC, then % will be applied after the KC. If we are talking about the KMRC, the % will be applied first. The cashiers have no control over this. In the case of KMRC, even if they try to apply the % later, it will ring up as if it was applied first.

Caveat: With the ignorant cashier, your KMRC value should not be greater than what you were "supposed" to pay.
Scenario 1: Item price $100. Discount 20%. KMRC value $60. The order does not matter. You will still need to pay $20 more. Just trust me on this.
Scenario 2: Item price $100. Discount 20%. KMRC value $90. Now if she applies the KMRC first, the register will use up the entire value. When she applies the %, you should automatically get $10 credit left on your KMRC. She may have already disposed your card. She may press the wrong keys. She may be confused and call for a manager before letting you "get away with it". The end result will be okay, but potentially a waste of time.

Also, perhaps your mom was mistaken the way she understood it.

Edited to add quotes.

As for the other thread with "conflicting" info, forget it. For the moment, just know one piece of the info:

If you buy something with KC, and subsequently return it, you WILL get KMRC. No YMMV on this.

aarzi said:   jplee3 said:   aarzi said:   I know!

To clarify, this does not help only in avoiding the KC expiration. You can now apply it after the % discount, which does not work the same way as with KC.

And I am not even going to attempt to explain how you misread/misunderstood the thread that you linked. Please go over it again.



The thread I linked has a lot of conflicting information in it. I just linked it because it's another discussion related to this one and may provide further insight.

As far as using merchandise credit AFTER the % discount - is this a recent change in policy or something?

If not, perhaps my mom ran into a cashier who just wasn't following policy? But she told me that, at least at the Kohls she goes to, they take the % discounts off *after* the credit has been applied. Maybe this is a YMMV thing from store-to-store - I know some stores don't follow corporate policy as they should (seems there might be some disconnect between corp and the stores).
There is no YMMV on this. If we are talking about KC, then % will be applied after the KC. If we are talking about the KMRC, the % will be applied first. The cashiers have no control over this. In the case of KMRC, even if they try to apply the % later, it will ring up as if it was applied first.

Caveat: With the ignorant cashier, your KMRC value should not be greater than what you were "supposed" to pay.
Scenario 1: Item price $100. Discount 20%. KMRC value $60. The order does not matter. You will still need to pay $20 more. Just trust me on this.
Scenario 2: Item price $100. Discount 20%. KMRC value $90. Now if she applies the KMRC first, the register will use up the entire value. When she applies the %, you should automatically get $10 credit left on your KMRC. She may have already disposed your card. She may press the wrong keys. She may be confused and call for a manager before letting you "get away with it". The end result will be okay, but potentially a waste of time.

Also, perhaps your mom was mistaken the way she understood it.

Edited to add quotes.


Yeah, I'm gonna tell her to double-check again. Maybe the ignorant cashier just verbally said "no you can't do that" and refused to ring her up. That would suck, but if that's the case I'll tell her to fight it.

aarzi said:   As for the other thread with "conflicting" info, forget it. For the moment, just know one piece of the info:

If you buy something with KC, and subsequently return it, you WILL get KMRC. No YMMV on this.


I have never tried that and hope that it's true. If we paid additional real money with the KC, do we get that returned in the original form of payment or get KMRC all together? Thanks!

Your choice. And your choice should be original form of payment.

All this back/forth, coupled with an intense sinus headache, has me confused. Thus, I am going to give an example and would like input on the answer.

I have $15 Kohl's cash. I buy an item that costs $20. I use a 20 percent off coupon, resulting in $4 plus tax charge on my credit card.

Fast forward to December 26. The item I bought in the example above doesn't fit and it is ONLY available online (no store exchange possible). If I return the item to a local Kohl's, what would I get refunded to my card?

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

skinflinto said:   All this back/forth, coupled with an intense sinus headache, has me confused. Thus, I am going to give an example and would like input on the answer.

I have $15 Kohl's cash. I buy an item that costs $20. I use a 20 percent off coupon, resulting in $4 plus tax charge on my credit card.

Fast forward to December 26. The item I bought in the example above doesn't fit and it is ONLY available online (no store exchange possible). If I return the item to a local Kohl's, what would I get refunded to my card?

Thank you and Merry Christmas!


You would get $4 refunded to your card and a KMRC for $15. They also give you the option of putting the entire refund on the KMRC, which is handy if the item is a gift.

Never used Kohls cash before, my daughter put $21 in her cart and then the Kohls cash, but it only took off $12.

jplee3 said:   No, I mean store/merchandise credit (I guess it's more correctly termed "merchandise credit?") Anyway, I gave a bunch of MC to my mom and she tried using it in conjunction with % off coupons. They only let her apply the % off *after* deducting from the credit though so she barely used it (she's cheap like me).

Actually we did use it in-store on those $10 rebate items (slow cooker, griddle, and food storage set) in conjunction with those free $10 off anything mailer cards (only on Black Friday). I think that was probably one of the better uses of the merchandise credit

You get a KMRC (Kohls Merchandise Return Card, I believe) when you return something bought with Kohls Cash. Percentage off should be the first thing applied, then Kohls Cash and those $10 off anything cards. KMRC is treated as a payment type, just like normal gift cards, credit cards or cash.

Skipping 24 Messages...
Write to them. If they adopt your ideas, they might offer you some real money.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014