• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

The program is available for $139.95, but it will be free for our visitors as a time-limited offer.

HDD Mechanic recovers files from formatted, re-partitioned and inaccessible hard drives. Equipped with smart scan algorithms, the tool analyzes the entire surface of the hard drive looking for characteristic file signatures. This allows HDD Mechanic to recover information from disks with badly damaged, missing or empty file systems.

Resolving all types of problems that can occur with FAT and NTFS hard disks and flash drives, HDD Mechanic can recover deleted files and folders, undelete files erased from the Recycle Bin, and restore information from formatted, corrupted and inaccessible disks.

Member Summary

HDD Mechanic Standard
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I love marketing people: "undelete files erased from the Recycle Bin". What's next? Allowing someone to delete a file in the first place?!?

cyfan said:   I love marketing people: "undelete files erased from the Recycle Bin". What's next? Allowing someone to delete a file in the first place?!?

It obviously means recover files you deleted after pressing "Empty Recycle Bin". They are just explaining it in simple terms. I've never used this but it looks like great software for free. I am not sure if there is a lot of file recovery software that is freeware. When your hard drive gets corrupted and you can't access the filesystem, you'll probably appreciate this if you have no current software that does this function. I installed it and it appears the key is good for one year.

When you try to unzip after download, Its asking to insert the last disc......??

OK, downloaded again now its going thru but it is only for 32 bit machines!

Reading the reviews, this software will cease functioning on Dec. 2013, so you have about a year of usage.

Wonder if on that date you can reset your PC's date backwards and then still use it though.

Thanks op.

Works fine on Windows 7 64-bit, just because it's 32-bit doesn't mean it doesn't install/run. Being 32-bit software doesn't mean anything, just means the program will be limited to using 4GB of memory for that program. I tried recovering some video files I wiped, and they recovered and play fine.

Its saying this software is not compatible with your machine...... and stops without installation.

lol $139.95
ha ha ha for that price most people would just buy a new hard drive.

cyberpitstop said:   lol $139.95
ha ha ha for that price most people would just buy a new hard drive.


Doesn't make any sense, it doesn't fix your hard drive, it recovers data.

apparently those of you mocking the applicatio aren't "computer people"
a tool like this can be an invaluable asset - remember people are stupid, they do stupid things - that includes accidentally deleting irreplaceable photos and videos (of children that are now grown or adults that have passed on) this is a tool that will help you recover "just in case"
and my guess is that it will work just as well for a slaved drive (for a friend, client, family member) as it will for the drive actually installed in the computer you install the application on!

and while this is no solution for a BACKUP, it is a good tool to have handy!


Thanks BB - installing on a few machines today!

lemonhead---nobody is mocking anything but the ridiculous phony price listed as $139.95

as for Heim--- spending $139.95 on a hard drive for proper back up you wouldn't need this!

I am just tired of seeing all these well just plain FALSE FAKE FRIGGIN ridiculous prices they NEVER sell it for that.

cyberpitstop said:   lemonhead---nobody is mocking anything but the ridiculous phony price listed as $139.95

as for Heim--- spending $139.95 on a hard drive for proper back up you wouldn't need this!

I am just tired of seeing all these well just plain FALSE FAKE FRIGGIN ridiculous prices they NEVER sell it for that.


What do you mean proper backup? You can delete files at any time or get a corrupt files system at any time. How does a proper backup prevent this? Even if you have a raid it won't prevent this, and even if you have an hourly backup running, doesn't prevent you from creating/losing something within that time period. This type of software can be expensive, and I don't see your point because it actually does cost this if you buy it from them, so how is it phony price if it's the real price they are charging?

nasagasaangpusa said:   Reading the reviews, this software will cease functioning on Dec. 2013, so you have about a year of usage.

Wonder if on that date you can reset your PC's date backwards and then still use it though.

Thanks op.


I don't know if the software requires internet connection (which is a red flag for software of such nature). If not, you can just turn back your clock and run it.

I installed the product and ran it on a drive on which I had accidently deleted the partition information. The product found the files but I am unable to recover any encrypted files because the product will copy the file to another hard drive but not set the encrypted bit on the file so the system doesn't know the file is encrypted.

I will try the full partition recovery as soon as I salvage everything I can, but the software appears to be buggy and worth what I paid ($0). Not bad in a pinch I suppose, but there are other free tools that do similar things.

These can be great to keep handy- Take it from a Network Engineer. For example, if your computer no longer boots into Windows and you have a spare computer, this software makes it possible to help retrieve your data even with hard drive corruption. It was only 2 weeks ago I went to backup my micro SD from my phone and coincidentally, my card became corrupted after placing it in the computer. After hours of searching and multiple apps, I found one that could recover my last 2 years of photos on my phone. Plenty are available free with limitations, so if the reviews are good on this, go for it. Though I have not personally used this particular app, they are really good to have handy if faced with one of those "oh crap" moments.

ViveLeRoi said:   I installed the product and ran it on a drive on which I had accidently deleted the partition information. The product found the files but I am unable to recover any encrypted files because the product will copy the file to another hard drive but not set the encrypted bit on the file so the system doesn't know the file is encrypted.

I will try the full partition recovery as soon as I salvage everything I can, but the software appears to be buggy and worth what I paid ($0). Not bad in a pinch I suppose, but there are other free tools that do similar things.


Hey bud... Try this bad boy... Its http://findandmount.com/

This was the only freebie one that could retrieve my data a couple weeks ago. I created an image of my drive with this and then mounted it. There are different levels you use to search for the partition. There are some other good apps out there as well...Good luck!

Taylor13 said:   ViveLeRoi said:   I installed the product and ran it on a drive on which I had accidently deleted the partition information. The product found the files but I am unable to recover any encrypted files because the product will copy the file to another hard drive but not set the encrypted bit on the file so the system doesn't know the file is encrypted.

I will try the full partition recovery as soon as I salvage everything I can, but the software appears to be buggy and worth what I paid ($0). Not bad in a pinch I suppose, but there are other free tools that do similar things.


Hey bud... Try this bad boy... Its http://findandmount.com/

This was the only freebie one that could retrieve my data a couple weeks ago. I created an image of my drive with this and then mounted it. There are different levels you use to search for the partition. There are some other good apps out there as well...Good luck!


FindAndMount couldn't find my partitions. In addition, today I just got an error message from the HDD Mechanic product saying that I need to purchase a key! Was there a product key or registration process that I missed on this one???

That stinks! There are a lot of freebies out there. Keep googlin'. I know I tried a small handful without success before I found one that worked. cnet downloads is a good place to search around. Hope you can get your data.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014