• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
sorry 4 accidentally posting twice

Thanks OP got 2 for $60 with coupon from e-mail

here are HDs I got so far

got 7 of kingston hyperX 120SSD at Staples (price varies from $54 to $68)
got 1 of ocz vertex 3 120GB at TD for $50
got 2 of this portable seagate 500GB and used 20% coupon on both (make it like $33 each)
got 2 of 2TB seagate NAS and used 20% on both (make it like $52 each)
got 6 of portable seagate 750GB at target for $42 each
got 1 of portable wdc 2TB at OD for $111
got 4 of seagate 3TB internal at Amazon for $90 each
got 1 of seagate external 3TB at Amazon for $90 (might want to return this, compared to others, it's not hot at all)

Thanks, OP -- this is perfect for the image backup I want to stow off-site. They're in-stock online now in Phila.

I wonder if this would work with a Nexus 7 via the OTG cable, or if that's wishful thinking. Certainly would render the lack of a SD reader on the Nexus 7 beyond moot

Staples is losing credibility. Received E-MAIL TO PICK UP 2TB HARD DRIVE AT THE SALE PRICE. WENT TO THE STORE AND THE MANAGER HAD THE DRIVE AND HE REFUSED TO HONOR THE SALE PRICE AND THE E-MAIL, WASTING MY TIME.

they could have cancelled the order by e-mail instead of wasting peoples time. I am totally peeved and I like to follow this issue with an appropriate agency, any suggestions is welcome. The sanctity of an e-mail as a legal document should not be violated.

The one i picked up has a Samsung Momementus ST500LM012 in it. Gonna throw it in the ps3.

Wolverine88 said:   here are HDs I got so far

got 2 of this portable seagate 500GB and used 20% coupon on both (make it like $33 each)
got 1 of seagate external 3TB at Amazon for $90 (might want to return this, compared to others, it's not hot at all)

Either you've got a huge library of pr0n to store or some of these are going to fleabay

Wolverine88 said:   here are HDs I got so far

After reading this post my wife wanted me to ask what you do with all these drives?

As someone whose found the shelves empty when looking for at least one you mention I am curious too.

anyone have an extra $25 off 75

can you put this inside a usb 2.0 only laptop ?

fattie123 said:   can you put this inside a usb 2.0 only laptop ?

It depends if the laptop is using IDE or SATA connectors for the internal hard drive. You will have to access the hard drive or look at the manual for the laptop to determine the drive type used in the laptop.

The drive in this enclosure has SATA ports.

smdd said:   Staples is losing credibility. Received E-MAIL TO PICK UP 2TB HARD DRIVE AT THE SALE PRICE. WENT TO THE STORE AND THE MANAGER HAD THE DRIVE AND HE REFUSED TO HONOR THE SALE PRICE AND THE E-MAIL, WASTING MY TIME.

they could have cancelled the order by e-mail instead of wasting peoples time. I am totally peeved and I like to follow this issue with an appropriate agency, any suggestions is welcome. The sanctity of an e-mail as a legal document should not be violated.

Yes always better to complain about Staples here than call corporate.

Any advice if I had previously purchased this on BF for $49.99 using Staples rewards points? Do I have to return previous item and purchase this or can I simply get a $10 refund?

Update: I was able to get price match refund thru live chat.

happypants said:   fattie123 said:   can you put this inside a usb 2.0 only laptop ?

It depends if the laptop is using IDE or SATA connectors for the internal hard drive. You will have to access the hard drive or look at the manual for the laptop to determine the drive type used in the laptop.

Who still has IDE drive for a laptop?? @@

The real question is whether the internal drive is the regular 2.5" internal drive or a drive that is thicker.

nkling said:   happypants said:   fattie123 said:   can you put this inside a usb 2.0 only laptop ?

Who still has IDE drive for a laptop?? @@

The real question is whether the internal drive is the regular 2.5" internal drive or a drive that is thicker.

SATA appeared in laptops after USB 2 was standard in laptops, so it is possible.

Software is what you must consider not just how big it is:
# The SeagateŽ Backup Plus portable drive simplifies backup for consumers who want to protect their entire digital life locally, in the cloud or from social networks
# Via the Seagate Dashboard, use the Protect function to set up a one-click plan or customize your scheduled local backup
# With the Save feature, user-generated content can be backed up from your favorite social networks
# The Share feature allows multiple files to be uploaded to social networks at once from your computer

in 4 1 - thanks!

As far as I know they took down those websites that were selling the Staples coupons. There are none on ejunkie either.

If you're asking is it backwards compatible with older USB formats, yes it is.

fattie123 said:   can you put this inside a usb 2.0 only laptop ?

Can anyone summarize the differences/similarities between:

Seagate Expansion
Seagate GoFlex
Seagate Backup Plus

Seems like Seagate has had a proliferation in terms of portable drives they offer.

AFAICT the Expansion has no backup software included.
The GoFlex and Backup Plus do have BU software although it is different (?)
All three can be USB 3.0 (GoFlex depends on model).

With the Expansion not having BU software, what really is the difference between the GoFlex and The Backup Plus. Is it the GoFlex's interchangeable connector?

Got two thanks!
and thanks also for the mention of an email $25 coupon,
turns out I had one !

When I click "see price in cart," it shows me $39.99, then when I click "Keep in cart," and head to cart for checkout, it goes to $70.49 each. I've cleared cookies, tried IE9 and GC browsers, etc. I asked Staples Chat and after waiting for-evvvvvvvvvver... here's what they said...

I am sorry labboypro, this is not my area of expertise. Please call on our customer service number 18003333330, they will definitely help you with this. The number is available from 8 am EST to 11 pm EST.

So, WTF? Their site won't sell at the advertised price and their CS chat people don't know how to sell stuff on their website. Anyone else having trouble like this?

same trouble with cart price at $70

labboypro said:   When I click "see price in cart," it shows me $39.99, then when I click "Keep in cart," and head to cart for checkout, it goes to $70.49 each. I've cleared cookies, tried IE9 and GC browsers, etc. I asked Staples Chat and after waiting for-evvvvvvvvvver... here's what they said...

I am sorry labboypro, this is not my area of expertise. Please call on our customer service number 18003333330, they will definitely help you with this. The number is available from 8 am EST to 11 pm EST.

So, WTF? Their site won't sell at the advertised price and their CS chat people don't know how to sell stuff on their website. Anyone else having trouble like this?

Same thing here, no deal but offered.

Checkout
Disclaimer
radiobufff said:   labboypro said:   When I click "see price in cart," it shows me $39.99, then when I click "Keep in cart," and head to cart for checkout, it goes to $70.49 each. I've cleared cookies, tried IE9 and GC browsers, etc. I asked Staples Chat and after waiting for-evvvvvvvvvver... here's what they said...

Same thing here, no deal but offered.

1. I put it in cart, $70.49.
2. There is a coupon which says "APPLIED AT CHECKOUT".
3. I start checkout, coupon applied. Price $39.99.

This is how Staples coupons work sometimes.
The item price is shown in the cart.
When you start the checkout process, it identifies the coupons you have applied and reflects the cost reduction before you complete checkout.
In this case once you have added the item, proceed to "Begin Secure Checkout" before doing anything on the next screen check your price, you will discover that the discount has been applied. Your price will be $39.99 + Tax.

Orkine said:   This is how Staples coupons work sometimes.
The item price is shown in the cart.
When you start the checkout process, it identifies the coupons you have applied and reflects the cost reduction before you complete checkout.
In this case once you have added the item, proceed to "Begin Secure Checkout" before doing anything on the next screen check your price, you will discover that the discount has been applied. Your price will be $39.99 + Tax.

Thanks for the tutorial. However, this isn't what was happening... even on the final checkout page where the button reads "Submit Order" and the price was still wrong, discounts weren't being properly applied.

FYI, the problem appears to have been fixed on their side... and then some. I just successfully checked out with 2 of these drives in my cart AND it accepted a $20/60 breakroom coupon from Wednesday's email blast for $59.98 + tax (less ebates 2% CB).

labboypro said:   FYI, the problem appears to have been fixed on their side... and then some. I just successfully checked out with 2 of these drives in my cart AND it accepted a $20/60 breakroom coupon from Wednesday's email blast for $59.98 + tax (less ebates 2% CB).Is that a generic coupon?

aarzi said:   labboypro said:   FYI, the problem appears to have been fixed on their side... and then some. I just successfully checked out with 2 of these drives in my cart AND it accepted a $20/60 breakroom coupon from Wednesday's email blast for $59.98 + tax (less ebates 2% CB).Is that a generic coupon?

No, 16-digit $20/60 breakroom coupon from their Wednesday email. Other coupon in email is $20/60 in-store. Subject line on the email is "$20 off coupons! Plus, don't forget. Exclusive low pricing, just for you."

If you, or anyone else, do not have use for these codes, please PM me. I could use about 20 for our non-profit following Sandy.
Thanks!

meehawl said:   Tried to put order through a couple of times using Internet Explorer and Staples says cannot add to cart because sold out "in your area" (Sf Bay, CA). Order goes through fine with Firefox. Right after success, tried adding to cart again with IE and get the same unavailable message. Who uses IE any more these days? Move over to chrome.

I got one using the reserve & pickup option. I added a $.50 filler item from their clearance section and Manager let me use OfficeMax's $10 off $40 ElfYourself coupon. I paid $32.xx out the door.

For the ElfYourself coupon, pulled from SD:
http://host-d.oddcast.com/php/application_UI/doorId=1083/clientI...
1. check the agree on the term button, upload a picture from your desktop
2. adjust the head, click next
3. click let's dance.
4. after the dance start, click download
5. it will tell you $1 needed, put your email address then confirm
6. the system will pop up a new browser tab for you to pay(you can simply close it without paying), and send you a coupon email.
7. at original browser tab, just close the prompted message window and choose discard the video.

Thanks.Bought 2 of them.

Purchased three of them with the addition of a $25 off $100 coupon. Total for three units was right about $100.00. Good for traveling back-up drives. Thanks OP!

certain dates for email 25 off 75 coupons or is it random? looking thru my Staples emails...... any still out there? thanks

Ugh. Why do I never get any of these coupons in my email?? I get a ton of worthless emails from Staples but NO coupons.

same here bagger.........got elf coupon for OfficeMax but u have to go to Staples instead of online

i remember a time when i paid $500 dollars for a 100 MB drive, can't believe how cheap storage is now

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014