• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Add ASUS Google Nexus 7-inch Tablet 32GB + PNY 8GB Micro SDHC Card to cart for $249.99 + $19.99 - $44.99 off in cart = $224.99 + Free Shipping

Member Summary

nexus 7
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks, nwrain. I'm feeling a little better about it now.

Slickone (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 1:08p) |

^ The voice of reason, for all you mindless boners who gave my earlier post red.

Toddler (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 4:29p) |

If you don't like people giving your "post red", you might consider avoiding calling people "mindless boners" and being ... (more)

nwrain (Nov. 28, 2012 @ 9:59p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Asus
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

JHBalaji said:   Add ASUS Google Nexus 7-inch Tablet 32GB + PNY 8GB Micro SDHC Card to cart for $249.99 + $19.99 - $44.99 off in cart = $224.99 + Free Shipping
8001P[/L]

Corrected link for Nexus: here

guilty1 said:   JHBalaji said:   Add ASUS Google Nexus 7-inch Tablet 32GB + PNY 8GB Micro SDHC Card to cart for $249.99 + $19.99 - $44.99 off in cart = $224.99 + Free Shipping
8001P[/L]

Corrected link for Nexus: here

Thanks! Fixed

What's the SD car for the Imaginary Card slot

Double Post

Thanks OP, looking like around 220-225 is the sale price for the 32gb wifi only through the holidays.

davemanfl said:   What's the SD car for the Imaginary Card slot

Online Only! Free PNY Micro SD 8GB Memory Card with purchase of any Tablet. Sold by Kmart. Offer ends 27-Nov-2012.

darn it, i should have waited, better than Radio Shack's $245 deal.

$244 in ny. Sales tax.

lizardbrn said:   $244 in ny. Sales tax.

haha man I got ahead of myself, forgot about sales tax too..$240 for me in NJ. OK nevermind, i feel better now, phew

PNY card OOS
MyGofer is owned by Sears, FYI

Wish this tablet had a card expansion slot...

Missed out yesterday. Looks like there will be varieties of this offer. pulled the trigger-- Thanks!

Brown

Have they fixed the screen problems on these? Or were they not widespread? I recommended the Nexus to someone but would hate for them to have a big problem with it.

Also is this better than the Galaxy 2 7"?

Environmental Fees and Taxes in CA add about $25 back onto the total

jplee3 said:   Environmental Fees and Taxes in CA add about $25 back onto the total

Thats bad! Ship to someone near else!

sd card oos

jplee3 said:   Environmental Fees and Taxes in CA add about $25 back onto the total Welcome to California.

how do you get the discount?

bought 1 $244.96 w/ ny sale tax
and used FatWallet Cash Back 5.0% thanks

Slickone said:   Have they fixed the screen problems on these? Or were they not widespread? I recommended the Nexus to someone but would hate for them to have a big problem with it.

Why don't you research before trolling next time.

luckybob04 said:   jplee3 said:   Environmental Fees and Taxes in CA add about $25 back onto the total Welcome to California.

Is this only the case if you buy within CA or something? I got in on the Nexus 7 deals @ Sears and Adorama/eBay and didn't see any charge for "Environmental Fees" - I thought they usually only charge that on laptop/desktop purchases. I guess they consider tablets to be in the same category at some places and not at others?

Toddler said:   Slickone said:   Have they fixed the screen problems on these? Or were they not widespread? I recommended the Nexus to someone but would hate for them to have a big problem with it.

Why don't you research before trolling next time.

I have. I only see reports of screen problems, and none about them being fixed.
If I was trolling, I wouldn't have asked if they were fixed, nor would I have recommended the Nexus to someone.

jplee3 said:   luckybob04 said:   jplee3 said:   Environmental Fees and Taxes in CA add about $25 back onto the total Welcome to California.

Is this only the case if you buy within CA or something? I got in on the Nexus 7 deals @ Sears and Adorama/eBay and didn't see any charge for "Environmental Fees" - I thought they usually only charge that on laptop/desktop purchases. I guess they consider tablets to be in the same category at some places and not at others?
Wikipedia says it's any device with a viewable screen, but only mentions laptops as being CEDs (Covered Electronic Devices). Of course, a tablet is basically a laptop without a keyboard and is considered to be a PC by some.

I imagine retailers not present within the state of CA don't have to abide by the tax, although that doesn't explain why Sears didn't charge you a fee. Maybe they ate the cost for you...

luckybob04 said:   jplee3 said:   luckybob04 said:   jplee3 said:   Environmental Fees and Taxes in CA add about $25 back onto the total Welcome to California.

Wikipedia says it's any device with a viewable screen, but only mentions laptops as being CEDs (Covered Electronic Devices). Of course, a tablet is basically a laptop without a keyboard and is considered to be a PC by some.

I imagine retailers not present within the state of CA don't have to abide by the tax, although that doesn't explain why Sears didn't charge you a fee. Maybe they ate the cost for you...
On the otherhand, TSA doesn't consider tablets as laptops and they don't make you take it out of your suitcase like they do with laptops...

luckybob04 said:   jplee3 said:   luckybob04 said:   jplee3 said:   Environmental Fees and Taxes in CA add about $25 back onto the total Welcome to California.

Interesting. Yea, I'm a bit baffled by Sears not charging me yet one of their subsidiaries (MyGofer in this case) doing so. Oh well, I'm not complaining!

Offering an SDHC card with this is like putting a button for the convertable top in a car that's not a convertable.

miqie said:   Offering an SDHC card with this is like putting a button for the convertable top in a car that's not a convertable.

Technically, if you root the nexus and use a micro usb to SDHC card you can add extra storage...

Just add the items to the card, the discount will show up automatically.

good find, thanks

I'm getting OOS and not able to add to cart.

Out of stock

Doh

Got an email from them that said they cancelled my order.

tydas said:   miqie said:   Offering an SDHC card with this is like putting a button for the convertable top in a car that's not a convertable.

Technically, if you root the nexus and use a micro usb to SDHC card you can add extra storage...

The Nexus 7 supports USB host mode, no need to root.

^ I just rooted mines to use OTG. pluged in a flash drive and woot

fujimi said:   ^ I just rooted mines to use OTG. pluged in a flash drive and woot
Just how do you "root mines"?

Slickone said:   Have they fixed the screen problems on these? Or were they not widespread? I recommended the Nexus to someone but would hate for them to have a big problem with it.

I purchased one of these about three weeks ago at a local store so I could easily exchange the unit if it was defective. It has been perfect. In addition I talked to the department manager for a while and asked him about returns on the product. He said he had a few returns, but none at all because of product defects and was genuinely surprised that there had been lots of reports of problems.

Putting this in perspective: According to various websites sales of the Nexus 7 are approaching 1 million units a month. With these kind of sales numbers the complaints seen online, while perfectly valid, are actually from a miniscule percentage of the total number of users.

Skipping 3 Messages...
Toddler said:   nwrain said:   Slickone said:   Have they fixed the screen problems on these? Or were they not widespread? I recommended the Nexus to someone but would hate for them to have a big problem with it.

I purchased one of these about three weeks ago at a local store so I could easily exchange the unit if it was defective. It has been perfect. In addition I talked to the department manager for a while and asked him about returns on the product. He said he had a few returns, but none at all because of product defects and was genuinely surprised that there had been lots of reports of problems.

Putting this in perspective: According to various websites sales of the Nexus 7 are approaching 1 million units a month. With these kind of sales numbers the complaints seen online, while perfectly valid, are actually from a miniscule percentage of the total number of users.

^ The voice of reason, for all you mindless boners who gave my earlier post red.

If you don't like people giving your "post red", you might consider avoiding calling people "mindless boners" and being generally rude when responding to questions.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014