• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FREE after easy rebates.

Staples 8.5" x 11" Copy Paper Select ream.*
Item no. 897804. Limit one rebate per household. While supplies last.

Reg. $6.99 - $3.99 easy rebate - $3 with this extra rebate = FREE

Coupon link (117308)

"Normal" $3.99 SER - offer 12-30342 (limit 4) 11/25 to 12/1/12
"Extra" $3 SER - offer 12-30343 - (limit 1) 11/27 to 12/1/12

======================================

FREE after easy rebate.

Staples Photo Plus Paper, 4" x 6", gloss, 60/pack*
Item no. 648177. Limit one rebate per household. While supplies last.

Reg. $9.99 - $9.99 = FREE

Coupon link (866957)

$9.99 SER - offer 12-31143 - (limit 1) 11/27 to 12/1/12

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

paper
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Shouldn't that be $3.99 rebate for the ream paper?

josh555 (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 1:02p) |

Okay, I was thinking that the coupon took $3 off, not that it gave another $3 rebate.

josh555 (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 1:05p) |

Lady at my Staples today was scrutinizing the coupon, and at first I was wondering what the problem was, since it is pre... (more)

pthor1231 (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 5:00p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Also don't forget about the ongoing 2 per week Free After Rewards Duracell AA and AAA Batteries until 12/29/12 and the ink deals

just in case...

Server is busy. Trying to figure out why one needs a coupon for the photo paper.

ETA: Cannot find rebate on Staples so this is like those special promos of old I guess where you need the coupon to trigger the easy rebate.

I also got a $15 off 100 coupon for online order in the same email. It expires on 12/01/12.

The email I got also mentions 100+ deals that aren't in the print ad, but when I click on it, it just takes me to the weekly ad.

Not sure with limit of 1, i want to jump on this. My store being 16 miles and i have some rewards pending, but would be hard to break the reward amount per week, if they have anything for next week.

Might wait until next week and see if i can spend all of my rewards together on any FAR items. Thanks OP.

Edit : I never understand why few stores always have to have some items available in store only and while online only ? I read that store was not honoring the harddrive prices posted in another thread, saying its online only price. And this photo and copy deal would had been nice to have online too to get it shipped home, instead of going to store too.

MysteriousGirl said:   Not sure with limit of 1, i want to jump on this. My store being 16 miles and i have some rewards pending, but would be hard to break the reward amount per week, if they have anything for next week.

Might wait until next week and see if i can spend all of my rewards together on any FAR items. Thanks OP.

Edit : I never understand why few stores always have to have some items available in store only and while online only ? I read that store was not honoring the harddrive prices posted in another thread, saying its online only price. And this photo and copy deal would had been nice to have online too to get it shipped home, instead of going to store too.

According to this web page:

Staples Price Match Policy

"Staples retail stores will price match prices at brick–n–mortar retail stores and at Staples.com."

So it's bogus for them to say that it's an "online only" price. If you want to do a price match in store to an online deal, just print out the above page and bring it in with you. I don't see how they can deny it.

Weird.. just keep getting "an internal server error has occurred" with Firefox, for hours now since I first got the email. Tried with IE and the coupons loaded just fine.

Someone on that other forum posted that as of noon EST these coupons were not working.

Danzilla said:   Weird.. just keep getting "an internal server error has occurred" with Firefox, for hours now since I first got the email. Tried with IE and the coupons loaded just fine. I opened a new incognito window in chrome and it worked fine but would not work in Chrome. Something to do with cookies I suppose.

I went to Staples an hour ago and they said the coupons do not work.

Any suggestions?

Skyfox45 said:   I went to Staples an hour ago and they said the coupons do not work.

Any suggestions?
Wait until later in the week as this offer is good through 12/1. Or call the Staples Office of the President and complain. They handle store matters. 1-800-338-0252 Maybe you can get some comp rewards for your hassle.

Thanks everybody.You all made it easy.

Purchased both items this afternoon and neither coupon would work.
Somehow the manager applied $3 coupon #11730 and $9.99 coupon #86695. Receipt show expiration date for both coupon codes 01/31/08.
The total was $3.99 + tax and the $3.99 Easy Rebate printed out for the copy paper.
Not sure why you need a coupon for the photo paper, coupon reads "Free after Easy Rebate, Reg. $9.99 - $9.99 = FREE"

begunn said:   Purchased both items this afternoon and neither coupon would work.
Somehow the manager applied $3 coupon #11730 and $9.99 coupon #86695. Receipt show expiration date for both coupon codes 01/31/08.
The total was $3.99 + tax and the $3.99 Easy Rebate printed out for the copy paper.
Not sure why you need a coupon for the photo paper, coupon reads "Free after Easy Rebate, Reg. $9.99 - $9.99 = FREE"
Best I can figure out is you need the coupon to tell you the offer number for the rebate since last time I looked it was not published in the rebate center. Not uncommon with mid week rebates.

Worked fine for me as of 1:14 PST today.

Machine prints out regular $3 rebate, and a second $3.99 rebate for the ream paper. Then, on the photo paper, it's a single $9.99 rebate offer.

labboypro said:   Worked fine for me as of 1:14 PST today.

Machine prints out regular $3 rebate, and a second $3.99 rebate for the ream paper. Then, on the photo paper, it's a single $9.99 rebate offer.
Ditto for me at 3:46 EST today.

$9.99 Photo paper SER = offer 12-31143

labboypro said:   Worked fine for me as of 1:14 PST today.

Is there an additional item added to the receipt for the $9.99 coupon? Typically the way these extra coupons work is that they add an extra SKU which the rebate needs to see or the rebate will be invalidated. For example, the $3 rebate claims to be for Staples 8.5x11 Copy Paper Ream and "NI SKU". I'm sure that without that latter item on the receipt, the rebate will be invalidated, even if you manually enter the rebate id and it initially shows up as valid.

billrubin said:   Is there an additional item added to the receipt for the $9.99 coupon? Typically the way these extra coupons work is that they add an extra SKU which the rebate needs to see or the rebate will be invalidated. For example, the $3 rebate claims to be for Staples 8.5x11 Copy Paper Ream and "NI SKU". I'm sure that without that latter item on the receipt, the rebate will be invalidated, even if you manually enter the rebate id and it initially shows up as valid.1 Staples PAPER OFFE ....... 0.00
Instant Savings <-0.01>

1 Staples PAPER OFFE ....... 0.00
Instant Savings <-0.01>

I assume you will need those SKUs on the receipt for the SER to be valid.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   billrubin said:   Is there an additional item added to the receipt for the $9.99 coupon? Typically the way these extra coupons work is that they add an extra SKU which the rebate needs to see or the rebate will be invalidated. For example, the $3 rebate claims to be for Staples 8.5x11 Copy Paper Ream and "NI SKU". I'm sure that without that latter item on the receipt, the rebate will be invalidated, even if you manually enter the rebate id and it initially shows up as valid.1 Staples PAPER OFFE ....... 0.00
Instant Savings <-0.01>

1 Staples PAPER OFFE ....... 0.00
Instant Savings <-0.01>

I assume you will need those SKUs on the receipt for the SER to be valid.
Yup, that's the secret sauce.

Rebate 1:
Rebate Offer: 12-31143
$9.99 Rebate on a Staplez Photo Plus Paper 4 x 6 Gloss 60 Pack (SKU 648177) at Staplez Stores ONLY
Products Purchased:
SPLS PHOTO PLUS GLS 4X6 60PK
STAPLEZ PAPER OFFER
Validation in progress. * PayPal for $9.99

Rebate 2:
Rebate Offer: 12-30342
$3.99 Rebate on Staplez 8.5x11 Copy Paper Select Ream (SKU 897804) at Staplez Stores ONLY
Products Purchased:
STAPLEZ COPY SELECT 20/94 REAM
Validation in progress. * PayPal for $3.99

Rebate 3:
Rebate Offer: 12-30343
$3 Rebate on Staplez 8.5 x 11 Copy Paper Select Ream (SKU 897804) at Staplez Storez ONLY
Products Purchased:
STAPLEZ PAPER OFFER #2
Validation in progress. * PayPal for $3.00

Hmm; the 12-31143 offer is not on the ER site at this moment; the other two are.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Rebate 1:
Rebate Offer: 12-31143
$9.99 Rebate on a Staplez Photo Plus Paper 4 x 6 Gloss 60 Pack (SKU 648177) at Staplez Stores ONLY
Products Purchased:
SPLS PHOTO PLUS GLS 4X6 60PK
STAPLEZ PAPER OFFER
Validation in progress. * PayPal for $9.99

Rebate 2:
Rebate Offer: 12-30342
$3.99 Rebate on Staplez 8.5x11 Copy Paper Select Ream (SKU 897804) at Staplez Stores ONLY
Products Purchased:
Validation in progress. * PayPal for $3.99

Rebate 3:
Rebate Offer: 12-30343
$3 Rebate on Staplez 8.5 x 11 Copy Paper Select Ream (SKU 897804) at Staplez Storez ONLY
Products Purchased:
STAPLEZ PAPER OFFER #2
Validation in progress. * PayPal for $3.00
Hard to believe Staples spells Staples as Staplez, but if Wallet is saying it....

FatRick said:   Hmm; the 12-31143 offer is not on the ER site at this moment; the other two are.I'm sure it's there, it's just being hidden. The $3 rebate should probably also be hidden. They've done that before in cases like this.

I went to Staples this morning and bought the exact coupon items, but when the cashier tried to ring the two coupons she said they were coming up as invalid. My coupons were printed from the link the OP provided and the coupons had 6 digits. The cashier said her register was saying they had to have 16 digits to be valid. Any ideas of how I can get coupons that will scan properly?

Maybe it's a location issue? (doubtful though)

I went this morning and everything scanned okay. Price for me came to around $18 (after tax)
total of "4" items and 3 rebates printed out.

https://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/staples/promodetail.do?CODE=12-31143 just in case...

MrVietnam said:   I went to Staples this morning and bought the exact coupon items, but when the cashier tried to ring the two coupons she said they were coming up as invalid. My coupons were printed from the link the OP provided and the coupons had 6 digits. The cashier said her register was saying they had to have 16 digits to be valid. Any ideas of how I can get coupons that will scan properly?Print out the email or bring it in on your smart phone. Coupons clearly state free after rebate.

Dano

MrVietnam said:   I went to Staples this morning and bought the exact coupon items, but when the cashier tried to ring the two coupons she said they were coming up as invalid. My coupons were printed from the link the OP provided and the coupons had 6 digits. The cashier said her register was saying they had to have 16 digits to be valid. Any ideas of how I can get coupons that will scan properly?These are not coupons but dummy items/skus as they are 6 digits. Maybe that had something to do with it.

DanoMcGarret said:   MrVietnam said:   I went to Staples this morning and bought the exact coupon items, but when the cashier tried to ring the two coupons she said they were coming up as invalid. My coupons were printed from the link the OP provided and the coupons had 6 digits. The cashier said her register was saying they had to have 16 digits to be valid. Any ideas of how I can get coupons that will scan properly?Print out the email or bring it in on your smart phone. Coupons clearly state free after rebate.

Dano

Dano,

that advice really doesn't help if the rebate form is not generating against these coupons. there's no way to submit the rebate online and get your money if the coupon isn't scanning right. Coupons can state whatever they like, but if they don't work.......

the 5 digit code/extra sku is what generates the rebate, and if they aren't in the system right... showing an email isn't gonna do much. so....not quite that simple.

So what I guess I will do is just have her scan the barcodes on the "coupons" and complete the sale and if the rebate forms don't print out I will just return the items. I wonder why she said they are ringing as invalid and I need a 16 digit number? Has anyone done this deal today and had success? Is there a special way I should tell the cashier to ring these up? There should be a total of 4 different rebate forms that print out. Is that correct?

MrVietnam said:   So what I guess I will do is just have her scan the barcodes on the "coupons" and complete the sale and if the rebate forms don't print out I will just return the items. I wonder why she said they are ringing as invalid and I need a 16 digit number? Has anyone done this deal today and had success? Is there a special way I should tell the cashier to ring these up? There should be a total of 4 different rebate forms that print out. Is that correct?

Mr V,

since this deal is valid to 12/1, I'd just sit tight and let it get straightened out. Hopefully by Sat (last day of coupon) it will work. I'll just go to Staples Saturday and do this.

If they're dummy SKUs then the cashier may have to scan it as a regular item instead of going to the coupon menu and scanning it as a coupon

The coupon shows "Associate scan UPC before completing sale:" above the barcode

jatan1986 said:   If they're dummy SKUs then the cashier may have to scan it as a regular item instead of going to the coupon menu and scanning it as a coupon

That is a good point. I will go back and have her scan the dummy SKUs before completing the sale and not as coupons.

MrVietnam said:   jatan1986 said:   If they're dummy SKUs then the cashier may have to scan it as a regular item instead of going to the coupon menu and scanning it as a coupon

That is a good point. I will go back and have her scan the dummy SKUs before completing the sale and not as coupons.

Mr V,

let us know if that works. You can be our Guinea Pig! thanks.

I am new to the Staples rewards games. When I looked at the ad for the batteries it states 100% back in Staples Rewards® when you buy a 16/pack of Duracell® AA or AAA batteries. In the fine print... Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping.

What is the minimum spend requirement or where can I see what that is? I am wanting to spend Staples rewards on the batteries.

sommerjt said:   I am new to the Staples rewards games. When I looked at the ad for the batteries it states 100% back in Staples Rewards® when you buy a 16/pack of Duracell® AA or AAA batteries. In the fine print... Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping.

What is the minimum spend requirement or where can I see what that is? I am wanting to spend Staples rewards on the batteries.
You could do that with your rewards but you will only get back on the batteries what you spend OOP. So, if you were to buy $28 of batteries and use $20 of rewards you would get back $8 in rewards next month. Generally not a good idea to buy rewards items with rewards. They do not roll like they do for Office Max.

sommerjt said:   I am new to the Staples rewards games. When I looked at the ad for the batteries it states 100% back in Staples Rewards® when you buy a 16/pack of Duracell® AA or AAA batteries. In the fine print... Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping.

If you buy the batteries with Rewards, the Rewards issued for the batteries will be reduced by the amount of Rewards you used to buy the batteries. Or more simply, don't use Rewards to buy the batteries.

Skipping 21 Messages...
billrubin said:   DanoMcGarret said:   billrubin said:   The point was that the coupon is $4 off 2 packages, not $4 off 1. Did you check the coupon carefully? I'd be really surprised if you got a different coupon than the rest of us did.Got it - just checked my third coupon and it's $4/2. Strange thing is I did 2 separate transactions and used two coupons; total OOP was $17.98 +tax,rewards = $27.98.Staples registers do not validate coupons the way that normal grocery and drug stores do. It's up to the cashier to make sure you're buying the correct thing.

Lady at my Staples today was scrutinizing the coupon, and at first I was wondering what the problem was, since it is pretty clear, but she asked the manager if it was 4 off 1 pack or 4 off both packs. Apparently reading is hard.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.