• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I just got back from Staples again and I explained to the cashier (it was the same cashier who had helped me earlier this morning) that the "coupons" were actually not coupons but dummy SKUs and needed to be scanned as part of the sale before she totaled the order. She apologized and said after I left some other people came in with the same dummy SKUs and she figured it out. The transaction went smoothly and I got three rebates that printed out. One for $9.99 for the photo paper and two (one for $3.00 and the other for $3.99) for the ream paper. That makes everything free (and I paid all with Rewards so I had no sales tax due either). Thanks for the HU, jatan1986.

Rebate Description Status Rebate Offer

Rebate 1:
Rebate Offer: 12-30343
$3 Rebate on Staples 8.5 x 11 Copy Paper Select Ream (SKU 897804) at Staples Stores ONLY
Products Purchased:

Staples COPY SELECT 20/94 REAM
Staples PAPER OFFER #2

Validation in progress. * PayPal for $3.00

Rebate 2:
Rebate Offer: 12-30342
$3.99 Rebate on Staples 8.5x11 Copy Paper Select Ream (SKU 897804) at Staples Stores ONLY
Products Purchased:

Staples COPY SELECT 20/94 REAM

Validation in progress. * PayPal for $3.99

Rebate 3:
Rebate Offer: 12-31143
$9.99 Rebate on a Staples Photo Plus Paper 4 x 6 Gloss 60 Pack (SKU 648177) at Staples Stores ONLY
Products Purchased:

SPLS PHOTO PLUS GLS 4X6 60PK
Staples PAPER OFFER

Validation in progress. * PayPal for $9.99

delete

sommerjt said:   I am new to the Staples rewards games. When I looked at the ad for the batteries it states 100% back in Staples Rewards« when you buy a 16/pack of Duracell« AA or AAA batteries. In the fine print... Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping.

What is the minimum spend requirement or where can I see what that is? I am wanting to spend Staples rewards on the batteries.
Spend your rewards $ on FASER items to monetize the rewards. The battery reward is the amount you spent OOP minus Staples coupons but does include manufacturers coupons. As an example

Scenario 1 - Use a Staples coupon
Buy 2 batteries @$13.99 = $27.98
Use a Staples $5 off $25
------
Out of pocket = Rewards = $22.98

Scenario 2 - Use a manufacturer coupon
Use 2 Duracell $4/1
------
Out of pocket = $19.98
Rewards = $27.98

DanoMcGarret said:   
Use 2 Duracell $4/1
------
Out of pocket = $19.98
Rewards = $27.98

Where are you getting the $4/1 Duracell coupon? The only ones I have seen are $4/2.

DanoMcGarret said:   sommerjt said:   I am new to the Staples rewards games. When I looked at the ad for the batteries it states 100% back in Staples Rewards« when you buy a 16/pack of Duracell« AA or AAA batteries. In the fine print... Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping.

What is the minimum spend requirement or where can I see what that is? I am wanting to spend Staples rewards on the batteries.
Spend your rewards $ on FASER items to monetize the rewards. The battery reward is the amount you spent OOP minus Staples coupons but does include manufacturers coupons. As an example

Use a Staples $5 off $25
------

Use 2 Duracell $4/1
------
Out of pocket = $19.98
Rewards = $27.98

Can you use rewards on rebated items?

sommerjt said:   ...Can you use rewards on rebated items?Yes, will not affect the rebate amounts. That is what they meant by buying FASER items with the rewards. FASER = free after Staples Easy Rebates.

sommerjt said:   DanoMcGarret said:   sommerjt said:   I am new to the Staples rewards games. When I looked at the ad for the batteries it states 100% back in Staples Rewards« when you buy a 16/pack of Duracell« AA or AAA batteries. In the fine print... Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping.

Use a Staples $5 off $25
------

Use 2 Duracell $4/1
------
Out of pocket = $19.98
Rewards = $27.98

WalMart prices for the same batteries with the same amount of them is about the same as the price with the coupons. So basically one would be wasting their time getting them at Staples.

sommerjt said:    WalMart prices for the same batteries with the same amount of them is about the same as the price with the coupons. So basically one would be wasting their time getting them at Staples.

Most people here aren't buying the batteries just for the batteries. They are buying them so they can get 100% rewards and cash out those rewards later on. So if you buy the batteries at WalMart you just get the batteries by themselves. If you buy them at Staples, you get the batteries plus 100% (or more if you used a coupon of your OOP) back that you can later cash out with various free after rebate offers. So as you can see at Staples you are getting so much more back than just batteries.

for those who are facing problems with the coupons not scanning - ask the cashier to scan them as regular items, not as coupons. that is the key.

MrVietnam said:   DanoMcGarret said:   
Use 2 Duracell $4/1
------
Out of pocket = $19.98
Rewards = $27.98

Where are you getting the $4/1 Duracell coupon? The only ones I have seen are $4/2.
MV - The local fishwrap on Thanksgiving had 2 Q's and the SF Comicle had 1.

Dano

raddish said:   for those who are facing problems with the coupons not scanning - ask the cashier to scan them as regular items, not as coupons. that is the key.They scanned fine for me today.

DanoMcGarret said:   MV - The local fishwrap on Thanksgiving had 2 Q's and the SF Comicle had 1.
The point was that the coupon is $4 off 2 packages, not $4 off 1. Did you check the coupon carefully? I'd be really surprised if you got a different coupon than the rest of us did.

billrubin said:   DanoMcGarret said:   MV - The local fishwrap on Thanksgiving had 2 Q's and the SF Comicle had 1.
The point was that the coupon is $4 off 2 packages, not $4 off 1. Did you check the coupon carefully? I'd be really surprised if you got a different coupon than the rest of us did.
Got it - just checked my third coupon and it's $4/2. Strange thing is I did 2 separate transactions and used two coupons; total OOP was $17.98 +tax,rewards = $27.98.

Dano

sommerjt said:   sommerjt said:   DanoMcGarret said:   sommerjt said:   I am new to the Staples rewards games. When I looked at the ad for the batteries it states 100% back in Staples Rewards« when you buy a 16/pack of Duracell« AA or AAA batteries. In the fine print... Price eligible for meeting minimum spend requirement is amount paid at checkout after application of all promotions, coupons, instant savings and Rewards redemptions and does not include tax or shipping.

Use a Staples $5 off $25
------

Use 2 Duracell $4/1
------
Out of pocket = $19.98
Rewards = $27.98

WalMart prices for the same batteries with the same amount of them is about the same as the price with the coupons. So basically one would be wasting their time getting them at Staples.

REALLY???? Thanks for the heads up!!! I'm heading to WalMart now with my Staples Rewards Card!!!

DanoMcGarret said:   billrubin said:   The point was that the coupon is $4 off 2 packages, not $4 off 1. Did you check the coupon carefully? I'd be really surprised if you got a different coupon than the rest of us did.Got it - just checked my third coupon and it's $4/2. Strange thing is I did 2 separate transactions and used two coupons; total OOP was $17.98 +tax,rewards = $27.98.Staples registers do not validate coupons the way that normal grocery and drug stores do. It's up to the cashier to make sure you're buying the correct thing.

MISTERCHEAP said:   REALLY???? Thanks for the heads up!!! I'm heading to WalMart now with my Staples Rewards Card!!!YUCK! Who wants WalMart Rewards??? Although I guess you could buy food.

billrubin said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   REALLY???? Thanks for the heads up!!! I'm heading to WalMart now with my Staples Rewards Card!!!YUCK! Who wants WalMart Rewards??? Although I guess you could buy food.

I know both of you are sorta sarcastic on this, but if one went to WalMart with the rewards...I would not get food, but a WalMart GC...to use at Sam's Club. ^_^

(sorry, couldn't resist...)

Just back from recycling carts and buying papers:
1 ream Copy Plus Paper
$3 SER coupon
10% off any one item coupon (97339)
= $6.29 + tax
both rebate forms printed, should get back $6.99

1 pkg photo paper $9.99
$9.99 SER coupon
10% off one item coupon (97339)
= $8.99 + tax
rebate form printed, should get back $9.99

my4mainecoons said:   Just back from recycling carts and buying papers:
1 ream Copy Plus Paper
$3 SER coupon
= $6.29 + tax

1 pkg photo paper $9.99
$9.99 SER coupon
= $8.99 + tax

Shouldn't that be $3.99 rebate for the ream paper?

josh555 said:   my4mainecoons said:   Just back from recycling carts and buying papers:
1 ream Copy Plus Paper
$3 SER coupon
= $6.29 + tax

1 pkg photo paper $9.99
$9.99 SER coupon
= $8.99 + tax

Shouldn't that be $3.99 rebate for the ream paper?

Okay, I was thinking that the coupon took $3 off, not that it gave another $3 rebate.

billrubin said:   DanoMcGarret said:   billrubin said:   The point was that the coupon is $4 off 2 packages, not $4 off 1. Did you check the coupon carefully? I'd be really surprised if you got a different coupon than the rest of us did.Got it - just checked my third coupon and it's $4/2. Strange thing is I did 2 separate transactions and used two coupons; total OOP was $17.98 +tax,rewards = $27.98.Staples registers do not validate coupons the way that normal grocery and drug stores do. It's up to the cashier to make sure you're buying the correct thing.

Lady at my Staples today was scrutinizing the coupon, and at first I was wondering what the problem was, since it is pretty clear, but she asked the manager if it was 4 off 1 pack or 4 off both packs. Apparently reading is hard.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014