• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
PayPal offers $5 off $25 to use at Home Depot Stores.

Click here, save to your PayPal account, set up in-store payment, then go to Home Depot stores to redeem.

You can opt to receive a PayPal payment card to be mailed to your home or have it sent to your mobile phone. [Home Depot Locator].

frankielundstrom said: Message initiated from topic: $5 off $25 at Home Depot Stores when you pay with PayPal

It won't work on business accounts, only personal Paypal accounts

Member Summary

PayPal HD
Thanks JHBalaji
Disclaimer
$5 off $25
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

People whats wrong with it?

Not as good as recent $15/15 and $10/10 deals, but it you're already spending at HD, an extra $5 savings is nice. And, you don't have to worry about stacking issues... use whatever in-store coupons you want (ie HD or Lowes 10% off), and this $5 comes off on the Paypal side. No fuss. I did BOTH above deals and had payment confirmation by text in a matter of seconds. I signed up for the previous $5/25 but didn't make it to store before it expired.

I read from another thread that if you link a Discover CC to the Paypal account, the purchase is treated as online purchase and gets the current 5% CB. Someone please verify.

Also, I purchased a GC at HD last time with the same offer. Paid $25 at the store, charged $20 by PP.

labboypro said:   Not as good as recent $15/15 and $10/10 deals, but it you're already spending at HD, an extra $5 savings is nice. And, you don't have to worry about stacking issues... use whatever in-store coupons you want (ie HD or Lowes 10% off), and this $5 comes off on the Paypal side. No fuss. I did BOTH above deals and had payment confirmation by text in a matter of seconds. I signed up for the previous $5/25 but didn't make it to store before it expired.

Where is the 10% off people have been mentioning with HD? And if you do the Lowes 10% off, you'll likely need to go through normal checkout so the cashier can manually input it right?

Also, the 10% coupons won't really work in conjunction with buying GCs. If you're not in a rush to buy stuff with the 10% off coupons, it's probably a safer bet just to get gift cards with the Paypal $$$ off discounts, that way you don't have to worry about them expiring and you can wait for the next 10% off or whatever other coupons there are.

In for $5... thanks for the $.
followed the link.. Went to my paypal..signed up..Bingo, just like that! Now have a 5/25 and 10/50 to buy gift cards with!

What a great FW family!!

i went o HD to buy a gift card with the paypal all linked and ready to go but the receipt still says i got charged $50 and not $40? why?

visin said:   i went o HD to buy a gift card with the paypal all linked and ready to go but the receipt still says i got charged $50 and not $40? why?

Because you didn't read this deal. Home Depot WILL charge you $50. However, look how much Paypal took away from you... it will be less (in the case of the OP's deal, $5 less. Or, if you're signed up for the $10/50 deal, you'll see you only spent $40 from your PP acct).

Thanks. It wasnt clear to me

labboypro said:   visin said:   i went o HD to buy a gift card with the paypal all linked and ready to go but the receipt still says i got charged $50 and not $40? why?

Because you didn't read this deal. Home Depot WILL charge you $50. However, look how much Paypal took away from you... it will be less (in the case of the OP's deal, $5 less. Or, if you're signed up for the $10/50 deal, you'll see you only spent $40 from your PP acct).

I already signed up for $10/$50 deal. Can I sign up for this one as well? Will it know to apply the correct deal automatically based on the purchase amount?

umj said:   I already signed up for $10/$50 deal. Can I sign up for this one as well? Will it know to apply the correct deal automatically based on the purchase amount?

There's a lot of discussion on this topic here-- http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1238898/

Saved me $5 on a Christmas gift purchase
Thanks and green for you ($5 green for me too)

No longer stacking w/ regular Q's? I just bought a rake for $35.96 - $10 Lawn & Garden coupon for $25.96; Paypal still charged the full amount ($25.96) even though the $5/25 is in my account & checked. Last time, I used a $15/$15 printed on this rake and the Paypal $15 also came off & charged me $5.96. I should have bought a $25 GC for $20, then bought the rake.

Update: Just called CSR, and they said the $5/$25 won't show up yet since the transaction is "pending" but will apply once completed(?) ... it always used to show up instantly, but they said call back if it doesn't work.

Where are you finding the Paypal coupons?
They don't send to my account & I searched their site and can not find any on their site.

I used a Lowes 10% off coupon and the $10off $50 purchase via PP, worked like a charm.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014