• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
inomoto said:   Is this one time offer? Can you spend another $50 on something else and still got $10 off for that item?

One time offer per account. Coupon disappears after it's been used.

Go cheap and hire low quality software engineer to save 1 million dollar, then spend 10 million dollar on hiring more CSR, nice job creation strategy PayPal!

reddhead said:   Here's the latest from PayPal. I love how every CSR has a different story. Debating whether I should go ahead and try for the $50 one now.

"You should only be receiving one offer at a time through your email. If you have accepted multiple then the only offer that is valid is the one that is worth more value which would be the $10 off your $50 purchase.

I have went ahead and credited your account the $5 since you were unaware of this. You will see the credit post to your account within about 24 hours."

if you cant get this deal from paypal to work.

The Lowes $10 off $50 coupons are available for sale all the time
here for a couple bucks, and they work fine at Home Depot:

$10 off $50 ( 20% off)

Most building supplies you can organize into $50 purchases easily.

keldar69 said:   if you cant get this deal from paypal to work.

The Lowes $10 off $50 coupons are available for sale all the time
here for a couple bucks, and they work fine at Home Depot:

$10 off $50 ( 20% off)

Most building supplies you can organize into $50 purchases easily.

YMMV using these coupons at Home Depot. As of about 6 months ago Home Depot sent out a memo to stores directing them not to take printed coupons (ones that you print out), with the exception of their own coupons. Other coupons are okay just not the ones you print yourself.

from the Lowes 20% coupon site - "THESE ARE NOT THE CARD COUPONS. THE COUPONS ARE ELECTRONICALLY SENT OUT BY Lowes. THE COUPONS ARE GUARANTEED TO WORK AT ANY Lowes STORE.

If you plan to use the coupons at Home Depot or any other competitor store please check with them to make sure that they will accept printed copies of these coupons. You will be able to use the coupons within 24 hour of your payment.

There is an online only item I want to buy. Any ideas on how to use this offer with online items? Can they place online orders for you in store?

frugal77 said:   There is an online only item I want to buy. Any ideas on how to use this offer with online items? Can they place online orders for you in store?

Buy a $50 gift card in store and then make your online purchase with it.

frugal77 said:   There is an online only item I want to buy. Any ideas on how to use this offer with online items? Can they place online orders for you in store?

Buy a $50 gift card in store and then make your online purchase with it.

Picked up a $50 and $25 gift card in 2 transactions today, 2 PayPal discount confirmations within minutes... Thanks!

Made $66.xx purchase and $42.xx purchase today. Got the $10 offer text message in seconds, but $5 offer wasn't applied to second purchase. I'm on the phone with Paypal now, which is a cluster of incompetence thus far.

labboypro said:   Made $66.xx purchase and $42.xx purchase today. Got the $10 offer text message in seconds, but $5 offer wasn't applied to second purchase. I'm on the phone with Paypal now, which is a cluster of incompetence thus far.

20 minutes on super-top-secret-code-required phone call with rep who said "that particular offer has been giving us problems," followed by 2 hours of wait for them to credit my account, followed by transfer back to checking. Sure would have been easier if the offer had been properly applied in the first place, but at least it's resolved.

Used both coupons ($5 and $10) today at Home Depot, to be sure they'd get applied properly, did it in 2 transactions (both were over $50, the first one used the $10, the second, the $5). How sweet it is!

Okay, so here's a question. I'll deal with this to buy my $59 item tomorrow, and I just received my confirmation code and verified my PIN. But I honestly don't foresee me ever using Paypal at any store again. Do you think I'll be able to delete the "Paypal at store" option later tomorrow, and delete my mobile phone number, etc. or is likely they've already sold all that info by now? (I'm only partially kidding about that part.)

beauregard said:   Okay, so here's a question. I'll deal with this to buy my $59 item tomorrow, and I just received my confirmation code and verified my PIN. But I honestly don't foresee me ever using Paypal at any store again. Do you think I'll be able to delete the "Paypal at store" option later tomorrow, and delete my mobile phone number, etc. or is likely they've already sold all that info by now? (I'm only partially kidding about that part.)

After the problems I've had I will never use it again.

Well, for what it's worth, I stopped at the Depot on my way into work this morning, picked up my $63.72 (after tax) item, paid at the self checkout using Paypal, and by the time I got to work, I had a email from Paypal confirming my charge of $53.72. So far, so good. And I just activated the $5 off $25 savings and plan on using that on my way home. We'll see how that goes, but I have to admit this wasn't so bad after all.

And....I'm two for two. Used the $5 off $25 on my way home tonight. This time I got the savings confirmation text from Paypal on my way out of the parking lot. I was going to buy these things anyway, as they were already at a better price than Amazon. An additional $15 savings is nice. Thanks, OP.

orangecrushv said:   Picked up a $50 and $25 gift card in 2 transactions today, 2 PayPal discount confirmations within minutes... Thanks!

Just HD gift card or can buy any gift card sold there..do they sell other gift cards?

I bought a $50 gift card today and it worked fine. I still have the $25 coupon that the PayPal csr forgot to cancel out after crediting me. Tempted to try it again.

Sounds like a real PITA for $5....

Just used up my last set of offers. I did the $10 off $50 first (had $5 off $25 unchecked) and verified in paypal after checking out. About 5 minutes later, I "checked on" the $5 off $25 coupon offer in paypal, then checked out and then verified in paypal that the discount applied. No problems doing this for 2 different paypal accounts.

FYI - Today is the last day to utilize these offers, get gift cards if you don't know what to buy!

Got my $10 off $50 gift card yesterday before this deal died.
Also picked up a clearance 10 x 12 poly tarp for around $3.50, down from $15-ish.

Anyone have a good way of contacting Paypal about this promo? I didn't get the credit applied, and when I used the online submission form, it gave me vague generalities, and when I called, the lady at Paypal had no idea what this was and transferred me to the customer service desk of the local Home Depot.

KMCHERRY said:   Anyone have a good way of contacting Paypal about this promo? I didn't get the credit applied, and when I used the online submission form, it gave me vague generalities, and when I called, the lady at Paypal had no idea what this was and transferred me to the customer service desk of the local Home Depot.

There is NO GOOD WAY to contact Paypal. They hide behind a wall. However, when I had a problem with the $5/25 credit, I used their "Contact Us" link to get a phone number and temporary secret code (that's used when you call the number), and after a verrrrrrrry long wait on hold, it was handled relatively easily.

Don't let them point you back to Home Depot. Tell them that this is a PAYPAL offer on your PAYPAL account on the PAYPAL website.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014