• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Harry Potter Collection

Daily deal...get it while it lasts!!!

Deep Discount
See Deep Discount promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary

this is good deal if someone wants DVD, for few $ more one can get Blu-Ray from Amazon uk.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Potter-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray...

keep a eye on this, it falls to 18 frequently.
HC4Dan said:   Harry Potter Collection

Amazon U.S. now has DVD collection for $27.99 w/FSSS

Amazon Harry Potter Collection

how to buy from Amazon UK? do they charge extra for shipping? and if they charge in pounds, then you pay extra for currency exchange for your credit card!

khuranajas said:   how to buy from Amazon UK? do they charge extra for shipping? and if they charge in pounds, then you pay extra for currency exchange for your credit card!

I believe 1 Pound is equivalent to $1.60

Pounds to Dollars

Amazon UK

I really wanna get this on Blu-ray. I expected to see it featured pretty heavily in sales this year but so far I haven't seen it cheaper than Amazon's current approx $69

demonscars said:   I really wanna get this on Blu-ray. I expected to see it featured pretty heavily in sales this year but so far I haven't seen it cheaper than Amazon's current approx $69

Here is the link to Amazon UK

Harry Potter Collection Blu Ray (Amazon UK)

With Shipping it comes to just over $43

Doesn't the UK version use PAL vs NTSC for US?

HC4Dan said:   demonscars said:   I really wanna get this on Blu-ray. I expected to see it featured pretty heavily in sales this year but so far I haven't seen it cheaper than Amazon's current approx $69

Here is the link to Amazon UK

Harry Potter Collection Blu Ray (Amazon UK)

With Shipping it comes to just over $43

I'm gonna try ordering this, thanks!

wildviper said:   Doesn't the UK version use PAL vs NTSC for US?

Not for HD, the video is different. As long as it's not region coded you'll be good.

demonscars said:   wildviper said:   Doesn't the UK version use PAL vs NTSC for US?

Not for HD, the video is different. As long as it's not region coded you'll be good.

Wow..are you sure? Isn't the frame rates different for NTSC vs. PAL? Or in the world of HDTV and Bluray all that is resolved automatically?

wildviper said:   demonscars said:   wildviper said:   Doesn't the UK version use PAL vs NTSC for US?

Wow..are you sure? Isn't the frame rates different for NTSC vs. PAL? Or in the world of HDTV and Bluray all that is resolved automatically?

Yep the HDTV & Blu-ray are basically past the difference. I have read that some SD content on Blu-ray's might not play one place or another but I'm not sure about that, it might come down to each individual's set up.

I ordered a set a few days back, Amazon converts GBP to USD and charges
the credit card in USD. So no credit card foreign currency fees applies.
I paid $35 including shipping to the US.
These are region free Blu-Rays.
Blu-Rays are all 1080p standard. So no NTSC(480i) or PAL(576i) anymore.

itsme13 said:   this is good deal if someone wants DVD, for few $ more one can get Blu-Ray from Amazon uk.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Potter-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray...

keep a eye on this, it falls to 18 frequently.
HC4Dan said:   Harry Potter Collection

Amazon has less price for any movies

itsme13 said:   I ordered a set a few days back, Amazon converts GBP to USD and charges
the credit card in USD. So no credit card foreign currency fees applies.
I paid $35 including shipping to the US.
These are region free Blu-Rays.
Blu-Rays are all 1080p standard. So no NTSC(480i) or PAL(576i) anymore.

Oh you are still paying the conversion fees. Amazon just got smart and does it to make that extra money. If you do the math on the pounds to dollars conversion Amazon gets about 4%.

The best bet is to NOT let Amazon do the conversion and use something like a Capitol One Visa that doesn't charge a conversion fee.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014