• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

1Sale.com
See 1Sale.com discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Westinghouse Rechargeable Ni-MH Battery Super Pack w/ Charger
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Smart charger?
low Self discharge cells?

240crown said:   Smart charger?
At first glance they appeared not, but upon closer inspection of the picture it says "Ready to use rechargeable batteries". AKA low-self-discharge. The description also has "40% longer battery life than standard Ni-MH batteries". That statement by itself isn't clear whether they're referring to battery capacity or storage retention, but the ready-to-use verbage sure sounds like LSD.

The package also says "Smart charge status" but who knows whether it's just a marketing gimmick.

The only merchant carrying this that I've been able to dig up on the interwebs is a seller Wayfair who also lists this product on Eb4y and Amazom marketplace. Wayfair also its own domain LINK

NOTE: C & D are only adapters and not actual batteries.

it need user name to sign in, much better if you can provide us the price

Pardon my ignorance.....but if C and D are only "adapters" does that mean that they will fit in the included charger but you need to actually by the rechargeable batteries? tks

wrsjk said:   Pardon my ignorance.....but if C and D are only "adapters" does that mean that they will fit in the included charger but you need to actually by the rechargeable batteries? tks

I think it means that AA batteries will fit inside the C and D battery adapters, so you can use them.

wrsjk said:   Pardon my ignorance.....but if C and D are only "adapters" does that mean that they will fit in the included charger but you need to actually by the rechargeable batteries? tks

Not quite. The included AA batteries fit inside the C/D adapters. You charge up the AA batteries in the charger, stick them in the adapters and then use them in devices that use a C or D sized batteries.

PapaGayo said:   wrsjk said:   Pardon my ignorance.....but if C and D are only "adapters" does that mean that they will fit in the included charger but you need to actually by the rechargeable batteries? tks

I think it means that AA batteries will fit inside the C and D battery adapters, so you can use them.

Not exactly, some C and D devices need 5000 to 8000 mah while these might give you 2000 at best. The adapters are a crap shoot.

In for 1. Thanks.

Hesitant without mah ratings.

Off another site with this product..
Includes:•Includes 1 piece of battery charger, 8 pieces of Ni-Mh AA 2000Mah, 2 pieces of AAA 850Mah, 4 pieces of C Adaptors and 4 pieces of D Adaptors in one deluxe card

With that being said, is this a decent deal?

valvo23 said:   Off another site with this product..
Includes:•Includes 1 piece of battery charger, 8 pieces of Ni-Mh AA 2000Mah, 2 pieces of AAA 850Mah, 4 pieces of C Adaptors and 4 pieces of D Adaptors in one deluxe card

With that being said, is this a decent deal?

Only if these are LSD cells, which doesn't appear to be the case. If they were LSD cells, I imagine it would be clearly marked on the packaging, but it's not in this case. More than likely these are standard NiMh cells, and a basic (smart?) charger.

Amazon listing:

http://www.amazon.com/Combo-Battery-Pack-with-Adaptors/dp/B004UJ...

[quote]NB0137/5 Features: -Combo battery pack.-5 Deluxe cards in one tray box. Includes: -Includes 1 piece of battery charger, 8 pieces of Ni-Mh AA 2000Mah, 2 pieces of AAA 850Mah, 4 pieces of C Adaptors and 4 pieces of D Adaptors in one deluxe card. [/quote]

peas said:   240crown said:   Smart charger?
At first glance they appeared not, but upon closer inspection of the picture it says "Ready to use rechargeable batteries". AKA low-self-discharge. .....

That "Ready to use rechargeable batteries" is marked on the picture of an adapter. It could be interpreted as the adapter is ready to use rechargable batteries.

Plus shipping, it's about $20, .....uh .....

the D adapters will come in handy for my electric bug zapper, thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014