HEB $50 off $300 in GC

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
It's back! Buy $300 in gift cards at HEB (only in Texas) and get $50 off. Buy $100 and get $15 off, buy $50 and get $5 off. Starts Wednesday.

Member Summary

HEB GC
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer

HEB Gift Card Deal
Thanks MISTERCHEAP
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
HEB also has a promotion going on if you spend $50 with your mastercard get $5 off facebook required Linky stack that w... (more)

Melly777 (Dec. 03, 2012 @ 2:42p) |

Thanks Melly777, it worked for me and made an already awesome deal even better.

adwross (Dec. 03, 2012 @ 5:46p) |

Is there an efficient way to liquidate Amazon gift cards (such as selling them - I'm not talking about purchasing produc... (more)

Chiron (Dec. 04, 2012 @ 12:09p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

LOVE HEB!

Anybody know if you can buy $300 worth of different GC's to get the bonus, or do they all have to be from the same store - ie $300 in Amazon to get $350 in Amazon, or could you buy $150 in Amazon, $150 in BB and get $50 in either/some other vendor?

i think it's buy $300 worth pay only $250 with the $50 off coupon, can anyone confirm?

do you need a coupon or it's automatic at the register?

SteelRing said:   i think it's buy $300 worth pay only $250 with the $50 off coupon, can anyone confirm?
Ah, nice...I think that's how it worked last time, but I can't quite remember. It was before Amazon charged tax in TX, so I was there to load up on as much Amazon cash as my wife would let me :-D

aimlessone said:   It's back! Buy $300 in gift cards at HEB (only in Texas) and get $50 off. Buy $100 and get $15 off, buy $50 and get $5 off. Starts Wednesday.

Ad scan of this deal now in Quick Summary.

is it all gift cards or just the ones shown?? anyone know?

Yea! I'm now stocked up on $300 Amazon Gift cards... Now I just need to wait for the Kindle to go back on sale.

The coupon (available at the gift card display) is good for all combination of gift cards (excluding HEB, Visa, Am Exp, Mastercard, Prepaid Wireless, long distance calling, and theme park cards)

Coupon expires 12/4/12.

Is the coupon limit one like last time? I can hit two HEB's on the way home if I have to

MISTERCHEAP said:   aimlessone said:   It's back! Buy $300 in gift cards at HEB (only in Texas) and get $50 off. Buy $100 and get $15 off, buy $50 and get $5 off. Starts Wednesday.

Ad scan of this deal now in Quick Summary.

is it all gift cards or just the ones shown?? anyone know?

Clicking on the ad scan link produces something else.

50off300 heb
Disclaimer
Here's the 50 off 300

Crank said:   Is the coupon limit one like last time? I can hit two HEB's on the way home if I have to

i just bought 2 Amazon and a sw airlines and took up 3 coupons and he just rang them up, walked out paying $750

HEB has cheap gas also.

Anybody trying to buy Visa/master giftcards with BB giftcards from this deal? I know it's always YMMV but would like to hear success at specific stores.

Woohoo, thanks for this. Just got paid and was going there to grocery shop tonight.

Thanks!! Just got $900 worth of Amazon gift cards for $750 -- saved $150 on my Amazon Christmas shopping!!

Went by there and multiple employees claimed they weren't doing the promo currently.

Went to HEB and got Best buy Gift cards...saved 100 on 600

Wanted to mention that HEB is also selling Prepaid Phone Cards at a 10% discount.

It's kind of a lukewarm deal. I do not think it is HOT enough to warrant it's own thread. So here it goes...

I brought a $25 Virgin Mobile Calling Card for $22.50. I then had to pay Texas taxes ($1.49). I also had to pay the 911 Fee (0.50).

Came out to $24.49 for a $25 Top-up. The same $25 Top-up would cost me $27.53 through the Virgin Mobile website.

Pseudo savings of $3.04 (11%).

Oh well, you get what you can. Especially since Callingmart.com no longer sells Virgin Mobile Cards.

My local HEB held me to 1 coupon as is stated in the coupon fine print. It wasn't much of a surprise as they did the same last time this was offered.

barbeque said:   My local HEB held me to 1 coupon as is stated in the coupon fine print. It wasn't much of a surprise as they did the same last time this was offered.

The manager told me the same thing and said that I also need my drivers license, then told me to go to the customer service desk where the CSR there proceeded to ring up all 5 Amazon GCs for $1250 total. I didnt complain.

is the printout from op good enough at the customer service desk? if not, where do i get a copy of the coupon?

I went to my HEB store and the coupons were hanging in front of the gift card display

Got this deal today. Bought $25 Chipotles, $75 Starbucks, and $200 Amazon. There was the little yellow coupons hanging from the carousel that had the gift cards. NOT VALID on HEB, Visa, AMEX, etc., or prepaid phone cards.
Took to regular cashier and it rang right up. Got $50 off the $300. They didn't make me go to a service desk or show my license, but maybe that's because I only bought $300, not over $1000?

Could one of you do me a favor and scan in one of the yellow coupons if you have the chance? Mine doesn't have them out HOWEVER it has worked before if I get it from another store/source

(Often my store is....lazy about keeping the right coupons out and up to date if it isn't one of the combos, but they will honor anything that scans OR they left out no matter it's listed expiration date)

Bought 300 Amazon on two separate occasions, and they ring up for $300 and the coupon drops it to $250 (no tax). They were running low on Amazon GC's last night, but apparently restocked, and still had quite a few (as of a few hours ago). 17% discount on Amazon is pretty nice. Thanks OP!

jlt0201 said:   I went to my HEB store and the coupons were hanging in front of the gift card display

Same here. Got $300 in Amazon cards with no hassle. Great deal!

SteelRing said:   i think it's buy $300 worth pay only $250 with the $50 off coupon, can anyone confirm?
Yes, the GC's ring up at $300, and the coupon drops it to $250. No tax on GC's.

Just bought $2,100 of Amazon gift cards today (the ones that are variable value $25-$500 type). Paid $1,750 in total. The cashier just scanned the same coupon multiple times. No problems at all.

will they accept the coupon as printed from the link above?

Sorry but could not find the answer, where do you get the coupon?

Just got back from the one here in Schertz at 3009. Tons of coupons and gift cards still available.

If my purchase is more than $300, I assume i can use more than one gift card to purchase the item correct? Do you just load the gift cards on your account? Thank you.

The coupon is in the store hanging from the main gift card section (at least at my HEB, there were no coupons at checkout).

The gift cards that I saw from Amazon are for $25 each. You have to make sure they scan 12 gift cards for $300 then apply the coupon to pay just $250. After that you load each card into your Amazon account.

bigdaddy007 said:   Sorry but could not find the answer, where do you get the coupon?At most stores HEB seems to hang them in one pack on the gift card racks near the customer service desk.
bigdaddy007 said:   If my purchase is more than $300, I assume i can use more than one gift card to purchase the item correct? Do you just load the gift cards on your account? Thank you.Are you talking about Amazon gift cards? This offer is for many different types and for some reason you didn't specify. I"ll assume Amazon, as that's the most common... no, nothing happens automatically. You have to go into your account information and find the gift balance / add gift card option and type in the numbers. The balance will then be added to your Amazon account till you're ready to use it.

Do they do it at Central Market too, anybody know? HEB is too far from me.

Not all HEB's participate. I live in Houston/Copperfield and the Cypress "Market" store did not have the coupons, while the Bear Creek (Hwy 6) did. I ran into this issue last time. I think it is just the regular stores, not the Market/Central Market/Plus stores.

Danzilla said:   bigdaddy007 said:   Sorry but could not find the answer, where do you get the coupon?At most stores HEB seems to hang them in one pack on the gift card racks near the customer service desk.
bigdaddy007 said:   If my purchase is more than $300, I assume i can use more than one gift card to purchase the item correct? Do you just load the gift cards on your account? Thank you.Are you talking about Amazon gift cards? This offer is for many different types and for some reason you didn't specify. I"ll assume Amazon, as that's the most common... no, nothing happens automatically. You have to go into your account information and find the gift balance / add gift card option and type in the numbers. The balance will then be added to your Amazon account till you're ready to use it.

Yes, sorry i was talking about Amazon. So i should log on into my account and load the cards that i got and i will have a balance to use at checkout?

HEB also has a promotion going on if you spend $50 with your mastercard get $5 off facebook required Linky stack that with the $5 off $50 make's it 20% of your gift card's or the $15 Off $100 as well either one of those make's it better then the $50 Off $300.But you have to do more transaction. This is ymmv because the facebook coupon say's excludes gift cards but worked for me. I got $500 worth of BB cards for $400. Got a ipad 3 basically for $387 with tax.

Skipping 2 Messages...
Is there an efficient way to liquidate Amazon gift cards (such as selling them - I'm not talking about purchasing products and reselling the products)? If so I may take the afternoon off since this is the last day!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014