• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon.com currently has the Samsung 840 PRO 256 GB on sale for $249.99 with free Assassins Creed 3 download.

Item to be filled when stock is replenished but you can order.

LINK

Click on "Special Offers Available" and you should see the little Assassins Creed offer, then click on "Learn more" and you should see this:

Free PC Download of Assassin's Creed III

Samsung 840 Pro Series Solid-State Drives

Exceptional Performance for Professionals: With Samsung's 840 PRO Series SSD, everyday tasks on your desktop or laptop PC become faster and more responsive, providing workstation-class performance for seamless video editing or the ultimate gaming experience.

Engineered for Reliability and Security: The 840 PRO Series SSD is made to provide consistent, excellent performance through its entire lifetime even under extremely heavy workloads.

Thin, Lightweight Design and Low Battery Consumption: At only 7 millimeters thick and weighing just 2 ounces, the 840 PRO Series SSD has a sleek, lightweight design that can make your laptop lighter to carry.

How To Take Advantage of This Promotion

- Purchase an eligible product from Amazon.com listed below.

- A redemption code and download instructions will be sent to you 3-7 days through e-mail after your products have shipped.

- The promotion applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. It does not apply to the same products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site. Offer good from November 15, 2012, until January 31, 2013 or while supply lasts.

- One free game downloads per product shipment and customer.

- See the complete Terms and Conditions..

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256 GB
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I wouldn't call it a hot deal. BHPhotovideo.com has it for $255 but without the software bundle; they have no sales tax (for California) and have free shipping.

For a new premier drive it's as good as you'd get typically. I'm pretty sure this is close to the lowest price that I've seen with the bundle thus far though.

foghorn19 said:   http://www.anandtech.com/show/6483/update-on-samsung-ssd-840840-...

I'm happy to see that it was simply firmware. For some strange reason I wasn't worried about the reliability. I did want a good price.

kcee said:   foghorn19 said:   http://www.anandtech.com/show/6483/update-on-samsung-ssd-840840-...

I'm happy to see that it was simply firmware. For some strange reason I wasn't worried about the reliability. I did want a good price.

Unless you need AES encryption, the 256GB 830 is a better buy. The MDX controller in the 840 is new, whereas the 830 has proven itself over time in mass numbers. Potential issues with the new controller could exist. Unless you are putting this in a video production workstation working with 1080p, it is unlikely you will notice the performance difference between the two drives.

This would be a good deal if you were planning on buying Assassin's Creed 3 and using the 840 in a gaming rig.

Yes, I have the X230 and I wanted the encryption and the lower power consumption. I got the Assassin's Creed 3 code and the drives are now in stock and will be shipping soon. But unfortunately the price is now up again. So glad I got in on this. I would get the 830 for a desktop or an old laptop though without question. But for my new laptop I'm pulling that stock drive out and putting this one in.

Price shows 268 on Amazon.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014