• 14567 8
  • Page
  • Text Only
I emailed them and got a canned reply to call them by phone. I tried that, and was warned about a 40+ minute hold time. I took the option to leave a callback number. That was last Friday. Today I tried calling again, and the hold estimate was 76 minutes. I tried to leave a callback again, but that mailbox was full.

I sent them an email telling them I wasn't going to suffer with their unwillingness or inability to fix the problem. I disputed the charge online with cap one and they've already messaged that they're charging it back and consider it closed. There's really no need to tolerate this merchant's shenanigans. Whether they're evil or incompetent, that's not our problem. I even offered that they could contact me about dealing with any deliveries I never ordered, but I'm not going to waste an unreasonable amount of my time to help them fix their error.

THIS IS A SCAM - RIPOFF! THEY ARE DOING AUTO SHIP AND CHARGING EVERYONE ANOTHER $31.90. DON'T BOTHER CALLING - THEY DELIBERATELY LEAVE YOU ON HOLD 45 MINUTES OR REFER YOU TO THE NON-800 NUMBER. IF YOU EVER GET THRU THEY ARE RUDE, OR THEY YES YOU - OH YES WE CANCELLED, ETC. BUT THEY DO NOT. GO IMMEDIATELY TO YOUR CREDIT CARD AND PROTEST AND FILE FRAUD ALERTS. JUST GOOGLE "VICTORY CIGARETTES SCAM" AND THE PAGE WITH FILL WITH LINKS OF COMPLAINTS. RATED F BY BETTER BUS.

Today CANCELLED Credit Card I've had more than a dozen years. Also REPORTED to State of Georgia Consumer Affairs (3 page form). At least 3 hours spent on these CROOKS

Edit: delete me

Refills came in the mail today. Chargeback starting tomorrow. I even removed my CC info from their site and numerous emails that only give a generic answer to call.

YES.........ME TOO! Got a delivery yesterday & charged $31.90. WHAT A SCAM.Text

DAWNSAVASTA said:   YES.........ME TOO! Got a delivery yesterday & charged $31.90. WHAT A SCAM.Text

Thank you for creating a new account, ocala200. I wish you luck with the refund and the new keyboard purchase.

OMGME2!

So I called them last week after placing a charge back on my card. I preferred to have them remove the charge normally rather than cause the chargeback to happen.

I pressed the option for "premium" member on the phone line and got in touch with someone in under 10 minutes.

The woman I spoke with was very pleasant and mentioned that many many people were calling because of this and apologizes since some of their ads went out without the information regarding automatic enrollment.

Anyway - I don't know what to believe from their end (I do tend to think this was an honest mistake of leaving out the terms). What I found most interesting is that she told me that from mid-November of 2012 until mid-January 2013 they had send out *837,000* of these promo kits.

So, not that I think anyone needs to cut them some slack - but this sure accounts for their slow response times. I wonder how many people have to keep their subscriptions to cover the cost of 837K kits.
I'm sure their deal was a mistake - since I don't see how they can cover the costs if people are *not* going to enroll for at least a few months.
This is why I think it was an honest mistake on their end - because if they knew people were just going to cancel I don't think they could have taken a loss to send out that many kits without subscription.

Someone on another forum quoted a 820,000 + number to me and they quoted 837,000 to you about how many kits they sent out and I find that very hard to believe considering when I ordered on 11-29-2012 the second to last day for reddit promotion and my customer number was just barely over 35,000 and the order number was 43,XXX. Take into account that they have been in business for a few years so they may have gotten a bunch of new customers with this failed promotion, I doubt that it went bat crazy the evening of the 29th to the 30th to pump that customer and order number up another 800,000. There would be a lot more people complaining here and other places if the numbers were up over 800 thousand.

It would be interesting to see what customer or order number a person has who signed up for anything in January.

It kind of sucks that I can't play with them...they never sent my starter kit

ShatterGhost said:   Someone on another forum quoted a 820,000 + number to me and they quoted 837,000 to you about how many kits they sent out and I find that very hard to believe considering when I ordered on 11-29-2012 the second to last day for reddit promotion and my customer number was just barely over 35,000 and the order number was 43,XXX. Take into account that they have been in business for a few years so they may have gotten a bunch of new customers with this failed promotion, I doubt that it went bat crazy the evening of the 29th to the 30th to pump that customer and order number up another 800,000. There would be a lot more people complaining here and other places if the numbers were up over 800 thousand.

It would be interesting to see what customer or order number a person has who signed up for anything in January.

When I first called, they specifically told me I qualified for their million free units, and there were absolutely no monthly fees with that deal, despite what the website said. Two weeks later, when I called, they said I just missed the cut and all million free units sold out in 48 hours.

mistadeal said:   =
When I first called, they specifically told me I qualified for their million free units, and there were absolutely no monthly fees with that deal, despite what the website said. Two weeks later, when I called, they said I just missed the cut and all million free units sold out in 48 hours.

Agreed....and to many "changing" stories from them to make it an honest mistake.

What they are saying now is nothing more than age-old PR "damage" control.

Has anyone seen a refund after returning the product to them? Should I just do a charge back?

I returned the item and called. They promised a full refund but never did. My CC company solved it for me.

Refund was processed for me on the 28th, about a week after contacting them by phone.

I did the following after the charge hit my account:

1. Called Victory. Hung up after 44 minutes.
2. Called my bank and filed a chargeback. The bank reversed the charge.
3. Called Victory a few days later and got through. Just as I had given her my order number my darn cell phone disconnected. She called me back and left a VM that she credited my CC $31.90 and canceled the recurring fee.
4. Filed a complaint with the BBB. Got a response from Victory that they credited my account $31.90 and canceled recurring fees. I took a screenshot so if they ever do protest the chargeback I have proof that they claimed to credit my card on the BBB site.
5. Canceled my Visa and am waiting for a new one. I don't think I'll be hearing from Victory ever again.

I received one monthly package which I kept as restitution for the hours of time wasted and their bold faced lies. If they send me one next month, I'll likely return to sender.

Does anyone have a screenshot or copy of the terms stating that the charge won't be recurring? My bank contacted them, and of course they sent them the terms that state it's recurring. Yet, when I contact them they just give me the runaround.

prettyinpink2904 said:   Does anyone have a screenshot or copy of the terms stating that the charge won't be recurring? My bank contacted them, and of course they sent them the terms that state it's recurring. Yet, when I contact them they just give me the runaround.

Screen shots have been posted a couple of times. Here they are from back on Pg 6

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/kiddk1/7afb08c44082cb7f922...

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/kiddk1/1e500c4bbf8c4e5e958...

Anybody actually try doing the "Return to Sender" route and have success getting their refund? -- Or should I immediately go to do a chargeback?

I actually did get a refund after doing return to sender. Took about two weeks.

Anyone notice that the refills are packaged differently. I think they even taste differently. Not sure there is consistency in product. Anyone else???

I'll add my voice to the chorus.

Just reconciling my cc statement today, and noticed the unexpected/unwelcome 1/11 charge for $31.90.

Called the # on the cc statement line item entry (770.308.0720). On hold for about 30 minutes (initially caller #12). CSR immediately stated the charge was in error, said that the owner would send me a refund check, and that I would receive it in 15-20 days.

I note that they did not charge me a second time on 2/11, indicating that they had started to rectify the mistake in my account.

After calling last week and speaking with a very apologetic young lady and posting a demand on their FB page,I did receive a personal check in the mail this morning for the full amount.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014