• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lowest price I've ever seen on a squeezebox by a huge margin!

LINK

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Logitech Squeezebox Radio Music Player with Color Screen
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It was the same price at Logitech last week. Also, this model is being phased out for a new version. link

I have 2 first one I picked up off of Amazon 2 years for $99
2ed one I just picked up a few month ago for $79

I love my Logitech Squeezebox, 1 by my bed and 1 by my desk....

Green for Squeezebox....

I love SqueezeBox also! I recommend it to anyone that will listen .
Yas I saw that $79 deal at OfficeDepot but I missed it.

back to $149 DEAD

A few Best buys had these on clearance last week from $67. - $85. You can go to their site then a store and finally the clearance items. Edit seems their online clearance tool is not working. Maybe worth a shot for someone.

I love my squeezebox too. Definately a must have for anyone with wifi.

Great radio for subscription stuff like Rhapsody. For those that can't run it hardwired, if you're having wifi drops I suggest giving it a static IP.

Good price I picked up one when it was this price on Sunday. One thing to keep in mind this is now an orphan product. Logitech is going to make no more Squeeze boxes and the new UE Smart Radio uses a different incompatible system. If you just use this in conjunction with a local Logitech Media Server to stream your music and/or standard web radio URLs you will be fine basically until the hardware dies as long as you can maintain LMS on a supported OS. However if you rely on mysequeezebox.com especially for streaming services, and especially paid ones you will likely have problems when (nobody knows when this will happen) Logitech kills mysqueezebox.com. Additionally it is not clear if Logitech will continue to issue updates for mysqueezebox when such services change their API or whatever and the application breaks. The good news (sorta) is that the existing Squeezebox radio will can be update to the UE Smart Radio so you can continue to use the hardware with the new service. That said it is simplified (dumbed down some would say) so it is a mixed bag.

Amazon is still showing the red version for $99.99 and saying it will be back in stock on December 2nd. I already have one squeezebox radio and LOVE it, I bought one of these yesterday to put in my bathroom .

secstate said:   ..... Logitech is going to make no more Squeeze boxes and the new UE Smart Radio uses a different incompatible system. If you just use this in conjunction with a local Logitech Media Server to stream your music and/or standard web radio URLs you will be fine basically until the hardware dies as long as you can maintain LMS on a supported OS. However if you rely on mysequeezebox.com especially for streaming services, and especially paid ones you will likely have problems when (nobody knows when this will happen) Logitech kills mysqueezebox.com. Additionally it is not clear if Logitech will continue to issue updates for mysqueezebox when such services change their API or whatever and the application breaks....

I hope that does not happen!! I had not heard that and as someone who constantly uses mysqueezebox.com with Rhapsody and Pandora and who bought two Duet systems and two Booms I will one unhappy camper if they discontinue that service.

akbungle said:   

I hope that does not happen!! I had not heard that and as someone who constantly uses mysqueezebox.com with Rhapsody and Pandora and who bought two Duet systems and two Booms I will one unhappy camper if they discontinue that service.

I was just as surprised as you. I have a couple of a Squeezebox Radios and use Squeezelite on a PC with a cheap Android table as a remote as a poor man's touch. I was actually looking at purchasing a Touch for xmas and noticed they were nearly impossible to find. A bit of Googling led me to this thread (among others): http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?96188-New-Squeezebo... . Logitech has officially stated they have no plans to take down Mysqueezebox but they have not committed to any firm timeframe of support. So nobody knows how long they will support stuff. The common belief seems to be that they would have to support mysqueezebox for at least another two years until all the warranties expire. The good news is that the UE Smart Radio back end code seems to be very similar to mysqueezebox so maintaining both might be fairly easy for Logitech. But a bummer no doubt.

Looks like it is dead again.

FYI the White version of this has been available intermittently for the past month on Logitech Outlet for the same price though it is currently $119.

Given how quickly Logitech orphaned the Logitech Revue when it decided it wanted out of the Google TV business, I would be wary about jumping in with them on a product that they're leaving behind in its current form, when the product is dependent on a web service.

If you want a desktop Internet radio for under $100, I recommend looking at the Grace Digital factory outlet.

excoriatorb said:   Given how quickly Logitech orphaned the Logitech Revue when it decided it wanted out of the Google TV business, I would be wary about jumping in with them on a product that they're leaving behind in its current form, when the product is dependent on a web service.

If you want a desktop Internet radio for under $100, I recommend looking at the Grace Digital factory outlet.

I tend to agree with you and that is certainly true of the UE Smart Radio since it is completely dependent on the Logitech supported service. However the Squeezebox infrastructure can be based on a server you run locally. The open source and very powerful LMS. In my case that is how I use it. I like some of the mysqueezebox dependent services such as di.fm and podcasts but I could replicate those services more or less on my LMS when the cord is cut. I suspect the squeezebox ecosystem will live on with the local LMS instances for sometime as there are now many software only clients. It is a very powerful system if you need it. If you just want to stream online services then I think the Grace is a very good recommendation.

I just checked and this is showing as in stock again at $99.99 (red version). Not expired at the moment.

Showing in stock and $99 again.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014