• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Buy a $100 Gift Card (or any denom adding up to $100) with your shoprite card to 12/1

Includes Gasoline, Staples, Amazon, major dept. stores, Visa/MC (fee on these), etc.

a $10 credit will be linked to your card which comes off a $10+ grocery purchase the week of 12/2.

can be viewed on the back page of their current flyer

at www.shoprite.com

ends Sat 12/1

Member Summary

Shop Rite to 12/1 Buy $100 in any GC get $10 of grocery purchase
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
$10 will automatically be applied to your next shopping order from December 3 – December 8, 2012. Purchase $100 in gift cards between 11/25 – 12/1/2012 with your ShopRite Price Plus club card within one transaction and $10 value will be added to your Price Plus club card and will be good for your next shopping trip. Reward cannot be redeemed on gift card purchases. Excludes ShopRite gift cards. Limit 1 per household. While supplies last. Subject to availability. See gift card for terms and conditions and (if applicable) fee. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. Product may not be available in all states. Redeem 12/3 – 12/8/2012.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

According to ShopRite customer service the ShopRite ad is not true.

The $10. bonus only applies to purchase of a very limited selection of gift cards, even though SR ad states "all gc's except ShopRite gc's."

Be sure to check with SR customer service before purchasing.

I bought Shell gc & didn't get the $10 bonus. SR customer service said they'd been getting a lot of complaints about the ad. She suggested emailing SR corporate office, while I will do.

brooklyn55 said:   According to ShopRite customer service the ShopRite ad is not true.

The $10. bonus only applies to purchase of a very limited selection of gift cards, even though SR ad states "all gc's except ShopRite gc's."

Be sure to check with SR customer service before purchasing.

I bought Shell gc & didn't get the $10 bonus. SR customer service said they'd been getting a lot of complaints about the ad. She suggested emailing SR corporate office, while I will do.

how would you even know you didn't get the bonus??? it doesn't come off your bill til next week.

I think you are confusing the Black Friday 2 day promo with this week long one. They are different offers and these are good on all gift cards EXCEPT THOSE specifically excluded in the fine print.

Bonus didn't print out & customer service said that I would not get the $10. bonus because I didn't buy one of the "select" cards.

When I said that the ad stated "all" gift cards except ShopRite were eligible, she said that the ad was not true as written.

In the past when doing these gc deals the bonus prints out for future use.

I'm not confusing this with that 2-day promotion, I remember it well because my ShopRite had none of the eligible gc's in stock.

brooklyn55 said:   Bonus didn't print out & customer service said that I would not get the $10. bonus because I didn't buy one of the "select" cards.

When I said that the ad stated "all" gift cards except ShopRite were eligible, she said that the ad was not true as written.

To my knowledge (from how it worked last year), nothing prints out really. It's just tied to your card, next week when you shop a $10 credit will get applied against an order of $10 or more.

Customer service often times has no clue how these promotions really work.

brooklyn55 said:   Bonus didn't print out & customer service said that I would not get the $10. bonus because I didn't buy one of the "select" cards.

I'm not confusing this with that 2-day promotion, I remember it well because my ShopRite had none of the eligible gc's in stock.

Trust me, NOTHING prints out (no coupon type thing). It's electronically tied to your card #. Tell you what, rather than go back and forth, wait til Sunday of next week, go shopping, buy $10+ of stuff with the same card you bought the gift cards with and let us know if the $10 came off your bill.

The $20 from BF sale was tied to the Price Plus card.
The $10 for spending $25 in select categories prints out as a coupon from the Catalina printer.
I assume the $10 mentioned in this post will be like the BF sale, just based on how things have been working.
If it is like the BF ad, it will only work with select GCs.

Source: I work at Shoprite.

scoutconnor said:   The $20 from BF sale was tied to the Price Plus card.
The $10 for spending $25 in select categories prints out as a coupon from the Catalina printer.
I assume the $10 mentioned in this post will be like the BF sale, just based on how things have been working.
If it is like the BF ad, it will only work with select GCs.

Source: I work at Shoprite.

you're discussing a totally different promotion. this is NOT about the Catalina promo of spend $25 in a category/get $10 GC voucher.

MISTERCHEAP said:   

you're discussing a totally different promotion. this is NOT about the Catalina promo of spend $25 in a category/get $10 GC voucher.

I am fully aware. I was just trying to add some context as to why people would be confused as to how this particular promotion works.

scoutconnor said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   

I am fully aware. I was just trying to add some context as to why people would be confused as to how this particular promotion works.

OK, understand.

thanks.

I bought tonight and didnt receive any print out for the 100. I bought 55 in itunes, 25 for forever 21, 20 for the play station network

I'm still trying to make the catalina deal work for me for something as it's hard to find items in the specific category that work with what we buy. I try to buy anything I can at the discount store. Most recently they had halloween toll house cookies for 89 cents a pack exp 1/2013. Yes I have to scrape off the orange bits but, otherwise worth it.

Thanks OP! I was waiting for this to come back. Looked in the flyer this week and didn't see it. Glad you pointed it out.

ok, I am still somewhat confused. Went back to shoprite today to purchase additional items to see if the $10 would come off. I was told at Customer service that I have to come back Saturday - Tuesday to get the $10 back. Seems like a short window. Also just re-read the promotion. It looks like I have to purchase another Gift Card and the $10.00 comes off the next gift card. Anyone else understand this differently?

epete said:   ok, I am still somewhat confused. Went back to shoprite today to purchase additional items to see if the $10 would come off. I was told at Customer service that I have to come back Saturday - Tuesday to get the $10 back. Seems like a short window. Also just re-read the promotion. It looks like I have to purchase another Gift Card and the $10.00 comes off the next gift card. Anyone else understand this differently?

please read the thread, this was already answered and explained.

epete said:   ok, I am still somewhat confused. Went back to shoprite today to purchase additional items to see if the $10 would come off. I was told at Customer service that I have to come back Saturday - Tuesday to get the $10 back. Seems like a short window. Also just re-read the promotion. It looks like I have to purchase another Gift Card and the $10.00 comes off the next gift card. Anyone else understand this differently?

I think you have to 2 programs mixed the catalina rebate is buy 25 dollars in a select catagory and get 10 dollars in a gift card.

The second offer is buy 100 dollars of Gift cards and get 10 dollars to spend on groceries

PROMO #1 (this thread) - Buy (select) Gift Cards to earn $10 off Grocery - added to your price plus card
$10 will automatically be applied to your next shopping order from December 3 - December 8, 2012. Purchase $100 in gift cards between 11/25 - 12/1/2012 with your ShopRite Price Plus club card within one transaction and $10 value will be added to your Price Plus club card and will be good for your next shopping trip. Reward cannot be redeemed on gift card purchases. Excludes ShopRite gift cards. Limit 1 per household. While supplies last. Subject to availability. See gift card for terms and conditions and (if applicable) fee. All trademarks are property of their respective owners. Product may not be available in all states. Redeem 12/3 - 12/8/2012.

PROMO #2 - Buy (select) Groceries to earn $10 off Gift Card - Catalina Printout
Earn a $10 ShopRite Gift Card or $10 off any gift card* purchase(of $10 or more) For every $25.00 you spend with from Sunday, November 25 thru Saturday, December 1, 2012 on each of the participating manufacturer offers on pages 2 and 3, youll receive a rewards certificate at the register for a $10 ShopRite Gift Card or $10 off any future gift card* each time you qualify. MANUFACTURER OFFERS CANNOT BE COMBINED. Qualifying purchases must be made with your Price Plus club card on one register receipt. Look for rewards certificate(s) after purchase. Limit 1 offer per customer, per manufacturer, per transaction during the one week promotional period. Redeem your rewards certificate(s) at the register on your next shopping trip or through Saturday, December 29, 2012. Simply pick up your gift card at our gift card display and present to cashier for activation. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer on gift cards. *Excludes Telecom phone handsets and phone cards

and FYI if you believe you have earned a catalina (coupon printout at checkout) and it didn't print - go to Customer Service. They have a book of UPCs for the catalina offers, which they can scan and print right there

Does any one know how long it takes for the gift card promotion balance to show up in your price plus card account after the purchase? I made a purchase about an hour ago and it is still not showing up in my price plus account. Thx

I guess I was not the only one confused. Relative to Promo #2, I went to customer service and asked how I get the $10 off, from the description above, I guess I would have had to purchase aa additional card to get $10 off, correct? Customer service saw that I didn't get anything off on my receipt (and I did not purchase an additional gift card) so they handed me a $20.00 bill.

Purchased this (Promo #1) last week and went back tonight (12/8) to make a purchase and voila, $10 came off my bill.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.