• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Mixed reviews at Amazon.

It's 4 out of 5 stars on 522 reviews. You call that mixed?

I'd say it's mixed when 25% of the people gave it a poor rating. That's a pretty high percentage.

Well, it gets even worse reviews on Amazon on average, but I was having problems with the wifi coverage in my new house and I bought a refurb Linksys/Cisco RE1000 direct from Cisco, and it works for me. With code HSDISH5 it's only $37.99 shipped and you can get Cash Back from BigCrumbs (supposedly, it hasn't posted to my account yet and they don't seem to have any other affiliate partners), and it's a name brand I'm familiar with. Personally I'll pay $2.99 more for a name brand on a product like this any day ...

Beckles said:   Well, it gets even worse reviews on Amazon on average, but I was having problems with the wifi coverage in my new house and I bought a refurb Linksys/Cisco RE1000 direct from Cisco, and it works for me. With code HSDISH5 it's only $37.99 shipped and you can get Cash Back from BigCrumbs (supposedly, it hasn't posted to my account yet and they don't seem to have any other affiliate partners), and it's a name brand I'm familiar with. Personally I'll pay $2.99 more for a name brand on a product like this any day ...

Perhaps its the time but Diamond Multimedia is/was a well respected American brand last couple decades. Not as well respected as Cisco but not Chinese junk.

tuan2 said:   Perhaps its the time but Diamond Multimedia is/was a well respected American brand last couple decades. Not as well respected as Cisco but not Chinese junk.Polaroid and Bell & Howell were well respected American brands in the past too, but I wouldn't buy anything with their name on it now ...

For a consumer product like this, I'd buy either one from somewhere that has an easy return policy - it needs to be quick and easy to setup and it needs to work. Set it and forget it. If it's not compatible with your setup, just return it without any frustrations.

Cisco is respected for enterprise products. Linksys, their consumer brand, is meh.

If both Diamond and Linksys products were equal, I'd give the Diamond a shot - that company is less likely to be "shifting".

60 Minutes: The new tax havens.

Just wanted to say that I've owned one of these for about 6 months now and it works great. Very easy setup and no hiccups at all. This is a great deal and I'm going to buy another at this price point

Got one. Thanks OP. Sounds just like what I need.

The Cisco extender came up as $76 in my cart with the code (5% off for new Dish customers).

mrfinagle said:   The Cisco extender came up as $76 in my cart with the code (5% off for new Dish customers).You added the Brand New one to your cart probably, there's a link below the "Add to Cart" button for the refurb that's only $39.99 before coupon code.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014