• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Holiday Gift Card Promotion
Effective Dates: Dec 7-13, 2012

FREE $200 Exchange gift card with purchase of $999 or more with your Military StarŪcard. Valid at any Army and Air Force Exchange facility. Limit one gift card per offer, per customer, per day. Cannot be combined with any other offer. No cash redemption value. Not valid on prior purchases. Limited to stock on hand. Not valid at concessionaires, shopmyexchange.com or Exchange Catalog. Excludes layaways, tobacco, alcohol, fuel, military clothing and gift cards. Not valid at NEX, CGX and MCX facilities.

https://odin.aafes.com/starcard/promotions.asp

Member Summary

Exchange Online
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great deal - excludes NEX...

Great deal for those interested in a macbook or air. No tax and about a 20% discount.

In the past I've been able to use a coupon too as long as the total after coupon came out to the necessary amount. If they have another 20% off coupon this year, that would make it a sweet 40% off. Especially on firearms and ammo, which are not usually discounted much anywhere.

Speaking of which...here is an offer for 10% off any firearm with a $100 ammo purchase:

http://images.aafes.com/wsICSImage/clsShowImage.asmx/ShowImage?t...

Ah, nevermind, that's the day before the $200 gift card offer starts.

can you use the $200 gift card to pay the balance on the star card?

excludes alcohol ... deal breaker. must do this months booze run elsewhere...

I had to register here just to say thnx to goldpiece. I'm Navy in VB, so I had to drive out to Langley AFB.

I got a MBP 15" (1789)
Applied for Star Card same day. So I'll get statement credit for 10% of first day's purchase ($178.90)
Oddly, I was the first person who asked about it. They didn't know how to do it.

All told 1789 - 178.90 - 200 = 1410.10 So a bit over 21%

i was going to drive to LA AFB to buy a Mac Air but my wife went in to labor so i'll have to wait. do you know if you can apply the $200 gift card to pay off the balance? if not, we'll just buy the applecare with the giftcard...

halldosaurus said:   I had to register here just to say thnx to goldpiece. I'm Navy in VB, so I had to drive out to Langley AFB.

I got a MBP 15" (1789)
Applied for Star Card same day. So I'll get statement credit for 10% of first day's purchase ($178.90)
Oddly, I was the first person who asked about it. They didn't know how to do it.

All told 1789 - 178.90 - 200 = 1410.10 So a bit over 21%

kumatae said:   i was going to drive to LA AFB to buy a Mac Air but my wife went in to labor so i'll have to wait. do you know if you can apply the $200 gift card to pay off the balance? if not, we'll just buy the applecare with the giftcard...

I hope that everything went well with your wife.

I didn't ask if I could pay balance using GC, but I don't think so.
I bought the applecare, but I used star card (made more sense, since I'll get 10% off b/c of first day)
The GCs might as well be cash for me. Most of my day-to-day spending is the mini-mart on base.

I don't remember seeing the Airs there. Call ahead just to double check.

actually the air is for the wife and she wanted me to go leave and get it! i've had my starcard for a while so i'm not going to get the 10% off, but no tax and extra $200 is a good deal. i used have a 10% off coupon at AAFES for when you first PCS but i couldn't find it. thanks for the tip, i'll definitely call ahead.

Good post OP, but I missed this because I have AAFES as flagged to send me E-mail updates. Oh well, guess I need to add start card to my filters.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014