• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Take command of your home entertainment system with this universal remote that lets you control up to 15 A/V devices. Customizable backlit buttons and an intuitive LCD touch screen make it easy to control your components.
LINKY

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Harmony One Remote
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Saw a bunch at Costco last weekend for $109.99. This deal's marked expired so the Costco may be YMMV

After months of frustration with this product, I got so angry I found out who was President of Logitec and mailed him my unit.
You will find that at best..at best..it turns on and off your components..tv, receiver, dvd player. Often it fails and you have to use
"help" then it asks you if the input is right and if not push this..now is it on..no..keep pushing buttons..volume does not work.
Favorites you programed do not work on the remote.
I would not pay 9 cents for this product...it is badly flawed at best.

I've had a Harmony One remote now for several years, love it. Great remote, easy to program. Ordered a backup last year at a deal price just in case the one we use fails some day.

I've had one for years as well, and feel it is the best remote I've ever owned. $110 is a great deal...

Thos.

belgique said:   After months of frustration with this product, I got so angry I found out who was President of Logitec and mailed him my unit.
You will find that at best..at best..it turns on and off your components..tv, receiver, dvd player. Often it fails and you have to use
"help" then it asks you if the input is right and if not push this..now is it on..no..keep pushing buttons..volume does not work.

I have the Harmony 700, and it's an excellent product. I can't imagine ever going back to a basic learning remote after using a Harmony. I'm sure the setup is simple enough for most people to understand, but apparently not everyone...

I LOVE this remote. Previously had the 880, and then upgraded to the One. Never had an issue, but for some devices you may have to play around with the delay speed a little. I actually just replaced a BluRay player in my setup last night and it took all of 5 minutes to remove the old device, add the new and configure the activity. Worked perfectly the first time.

Looks like Amazon has the same price right now ($120).

I've got two lower end Harmony remotes which I've had for years and they are great.

LOVE my Harmony one!

I got one for $50 awhile back when there was a price mistake on a BB ad, which their customer service continued to honor for the first couple hours.

I like it alot, and my only complaint is that you pretty much have to keep it on the charging base all the time because the battery life is extremely short

MechanicalMan said:   belgique said:   After months of frustration with this product, I got so angry I found out who was President of Logitec and mailed him my unit.

I have the Harmony 700, and it's an excellent product. I can't imagine ever going back to a basic learning remote after using a Harmony. I'm sure the setup is simple enough for most people to understand, but apparently not everyone...

I got a One from the BB $50 price mistake deal and mine gives me some of the same sort of problems that Belgique noted. I don't think I'm an ignoramus who cannot understand how to program and use a Harmony - I did not have this many problems with the Harmony 628, 676, 750, and 300 models that I own, nor with the 628 that I bought and programmed for my parents. So I guess I don't agree with MechanicalMan's snide implication that if a person cannot get his/her One to work properly, that person must be a simpleton, especially since he apparently has no first-hand experience with a One himself.

One thing that bugs me about Logitech is that they have not figured out that a lot of people may own more than one of their remotes and their program is a PITA trying to program several different ones. I've had to basically devote one computer to each remote and use a separate e-mail address for each one.

I also have to concur with the opinion above about the One's battery life - it is dreadfully short. I need to plop mine back in the charging cradle at least once every four days or so to keep it from dying on me, and I'm not really using it very much, usually just for a few hours of tv watching in the evenings.

I had played around with a few Ones in stores and really liked their ergonomics, but in practice, I am rather disappointed with mine.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.