• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
MISTERCHEAP said:   mathfaster said:   wwinters said:   Is anyone else having problems finding Total Defense Premium, 5 PCs software? The weekly ad that came in the newspaper didn't advertise the deal and 2 of my local stores say they see they have it in stock (both have 2 copies) but have never seen the software before and can't find it on the shelves.None to be found via store link for me. Total Defense is a former division of CA. IIRC, CA anti-virus software was on the bottom of the lost. But who cares if all you are doing is turning it into a MM or monetizing rewards.

ugh! CA, I remember them. Their rebates were about as bad as Intuit's if I recall. Been a long time since I've bought a CA title.
Well thanks for that. No TD for me plus I cannot find it anyway. Plus it is MIR which I only do as a last resort or unless it is a terrific money maker.

Batteries bought, and now time to get my Duracell GC paperwork shipped off.

If you didn't do the HP ink deal yet, check your email. I got emails on my assorted email addresses titled "Bonus coupon & free shipping! Plus, gift ideas & stocking stuffers.". 2 had a $10 off $50 HP ink coupon, one had $20 off $75.

labboypro said:   Batteries bought, and now time to get my Duracell GC paperwork shipped off.

Anyone having issues submitting the Duracell deal? Email bounced with following headers.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

Duracell@theacsadvantage.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mail1.theacsadvantage.com [66.179.89.72]:
550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn] blocked using Trend Micro RBL+.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------
------ The body of the message is 4895773 characters long; only the first
------ 106496 or so are included here.

I went ahead and sent paperwork to fax number listed on the form. It appears to have gone through.

edit: Correction. Fax reports line is busy... but I could hear it ringing on the fax machine *shrug*

edit2: second fax reports successful... so, it appears fax number is still good on this offer, even if email isn't working.

billrubin said:   If you didn't do the HP ink deal yet, check your email. I got emails on my assorted email addresses titled "Bonus coupon & free shipping! Plus, gift ideas & stocking stuffers.". 2 had a $10 off $50 HP ink coupon, one had $20 off $75.The $10 off $50 HP ink couon I received is online or phone only and has a 16 digit coupon code.

Dano

I just found a $10/$30 In-Store [Exp 1/20] in my SR Coupon Wallet, so you may want to check it.

DanoMcGarret said:   billrubin said:   If you didn't do the HP ink deal yet, check your email. I got emails on my assorted email addresses titled "Bonus coupon & free shipping! Plus, gift ideas & stocking stuffers.". 2 had a $10 off $50 HP ink coupon, one had $20 off $75.The $10 off $50 HP ink couon I received is online or phone only and has a 16 digit coupon code.It would still work fine for the double double deal, and I just got credited 5% from Shop Discover for my ink purchase last week.

The SR site is updated to 12/2, and has 12/1 transactions. My online ink purchase on 11/30 has posted and my ink recycling on 11/30 is now showing as double. Anyone who recycled a second batch on 12/1 should be able to see whether it worked.

I just checked now.

I can confirm that I have a $80 reward for a 2nd batch recycled on 12/1.

billrubin said:   .

The SR site is updated to 12/2, and has 12/1 transactions. My online ink purchase on 11/30 has posted and my ink recycling on 11/30 is now showing as double. Anyone who recycled a second batch on 12/1 should be able to see whether it worked.

1 ink purchase for both November and December double rewards worked for me too:

Bought $50+ HP Ink on 11/26.
Recycled 20 inks on 11/28 for $80 Rewards
Recycled 20 more inks on 12/1 for another $80 in rewards.

iamabigbug said:   I just checked now.

I can confirm that I have a $80 reward for a 2nd batch recycled on 12/1.

billrubin said:   .

I used the 10% off one item coupon on the batteries and what the cashier did was ring up both batteries at regular price ($13.99) but after the $13.99 price on one of them it says (the next line down) "Price Override 10.00% -$1.40." I also used two $1 man Qs. The man Qs came off at the bottom as a form of payment (as they should have). Because each of the batteries rang at $13.99 will I get $13.99 x 2, or will the price override of %1.40 be subtracted from my 100% rewards? Even if it is I saved a whole 11 cents in sales tax. I used the 10% off coupon as sort of a test to see how it would be handled. My guess is I will get $1.40 less in rewards.

labboypro said:   labboypro said:   Batteries bought, and now time to get my Duracell GC paperwork shipped off.

Anyone having issues submitting the Duracell deal? Email bounced with following headers.

550 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn] blocked using Trend Micro RBL+.

I went ahead and sent paperwork to fax number listed on the form. It appears to have gone through.

edit: Correction. Fax reports line is busy... but I could hear it ringing on the fax machine *shrug*

edit2: second fax reports successful... so, it appears fax number is still good on this offer, even if email isn't working.

The email worked for me.

mrkk said:   Dilly101 said:   If Staples does continue its Duracell Free Rewards throughout the month of December, you can also take advantage of this rebate for a $25 gift card if you purchase $100 worth of batteries between Oct. 1 and Dec. 30: 2012 Duracell rebate
You'll end up being paid $25 to take $100 worth of batteries.

**Post now edited with link to current rebate.

can i start now, will i have 100$ by the end of dec?

Do it at least once with a different account, and you should be good.

Is the $100 Duracell rebate before or after taxes?

1brooklyn1 said:   Is the $100 Duracell rebate before or after taxes?

To be on the safe side, I am doing the $100 rebate before taxes and after coupons.

I just realized we can buy 4 photo papers. I just bought 1. Will I get the second rebate if I buy another?

GreatB said:   I just realized we can buy 4 photo papers. I just bought 1. Will I get the second rebate if I buy another?Any number of transactions for any quantity as long as you do not exceed the limit of the rebate for the total quantity purchased across all transactions.

1brooklyn1 said:   labboypro said:   labboypro said:   Batteries bought, and now time to get my Duracell GC paperwork shipped off.

The email worked for me.

sounds like the email got rejected due to a virus detection issue.

Client host [nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn] blocked using Trend Micro RBL+.

MrVietnam said:   I used the 10% off one item coupon on the batteries and what the cashier did was ring up both batteries at regular price ($13.99) but after the $13.99 price on one of them it says (the next line down) "Price Override 10.00% -$1.40." I also used two $1 man Qs. The man Qs came off at the bottom as a form of payment (as they should have). Because each of the batteries rang at $13.99 will I get $13.99 x 2, or will the price override of %1.40 be subtracted from my 100% rewards? Even if it is I saved a whole 11 cents in sales tax. I used the 10% off coupon as sort of a test to see how it would be handled. My guess is I will get $1.40 less in rewards. Your rewards should be reduced by $1.40 for the 10% coupon but not reduced by the manufacturer coupon since it correctly came off the bottom as a form of payment.

Dano

MISTERCHEAP said:   1brooklyn1 said:   labboypro said:   labboypro said:   Batteries bought, and now time to get my Duracell GC paperwork shipped off.

The email worked for me.

sounds like the email got rejected due to a virus detection issue.

Client host [nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn] blocked using Trend Micro RBL+.

Not virus detection per se, more like "possible bad people on this ISP so we block the whole subnet". Aka the mail server for theacsadvantage.com uses Trend Micro RBL+ to tell it what IP addresses are possible spammers, and rejects them outright. Try sending it from a different mail provider, or on a different connection.

safeway has Duracell AA/AAA 16 packs at $10.99 thru 12/4. Find it at Just4U/Coupon center .

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   safeway has Duracell AA/AAA 16 packs at $10.99 thru 12/4. Find it at Just4U/Coupon center .

Dano
When will people learn?

aarzi said:   DanoMcGarret said:   Durcall AA/AAA battery 16 packs at safeway are $10.99 thru 12/4 linky

Dano
When will people learn?

He's a regular, maybe he was suggesting a price match. Not much to gain there though.

Yeah, I guess I can give him the benefit of the doubt, though I doubt that safeway can be used for price-matching. I commented because while noobs don't bother me much with inane posts, the regulars do.

Time to chill

FWIW, I did the total defense rebate and just received the checks a few days ago and deposited them.

VivYip said:   FWIW, I did the total defense rebate and just received the checks a few days ago and deposited them.Did you happen to do the activation subscription? Just bought the TD IS and when bought in store it is activated upon purchase according to the outside of the box. Staples appears to have different requirements than purchases from other stores or TD. TIA. Also, seems like all they want is the redemption form. Receipt is not mentioned at all but I guess I will send it in anyway.

I did not open the software, for either the $20 one or the $50 one. I just completed the rebates that were printed out at the cash register as they did not say anything about activation or anything. the rebates showed up on rebateshq and I got the checks...

VivYip said:   I did not open the software, for either the $20 one or the $50 one. I just completed the rebates that were printed out at the cash register as they did not say anything about activation or anything. the rebates showed up on rebateshq and I got the checks...Thanks VivYip, just wanted to confirm as there definitely are other purchase sources where it appears one needs to "activate" for the rebate. Not for Staples. If the $50 goes FAR again will get that one as well or if I can still use the 20% SW mobile app coupon after today.

ETA: And then there is an "activation" rebate for subscribing for the ability to apply this software to all your devices. A whole other activation.

regular
Disclaimer

simplified
Disclaimer
I think I might have posted either earlier in this thread or in another thread the terms that I saw on the website.

Just in case, I'm including an attachment that states the terms of the rebate. The rebate is good until 11-2013, so my suggestion is to check in-store (it's an easy $70 to convert I think)

FWIW, I think the current price for the software (not advertised) is $50...only catch is if you can find the two software in-stock in the store.

Hope this helps.

VivYip said:   I think I might have posted either earlier in this thread or in another thread the terms that I saw on the website.

Just in case, I'm including an attachment that states the terms of the rebate. The rebate is good until 11-2013, so my suggestion is to check in-store (it's an easy $70 to convert I think)

FWIW, I think the current price for the software (not advertised) is $50...only catch is if you can find the two software in-stock in the store.

Hope this helps.
Now I see the receipt necessity on the other form. Just like Staples to leave that off the redemption form from the register just like they do for McAfee rebates. When you look at the McAfee form the receipt is specified.

ummm...the details do mention that you need to include a receipt/packing slip

Promotion Details:
Purchase must be made between 11/10/12 and 11/10/13. Requests MUST be postmarked within 60 days from date of purchase. This rebate is NOT eligible for online submission and must be mailed. To mail rebate Staples STORE PURCHASE: Send ONLY the completed ORIGINAL rebate redemption form printed from the cash register, the ORIGINAL submission form printed from www.stapleseasyrebates.com, or the ORIGINAL PDF submission form provided by a Staples store. Staples.COM/CATALOG PURCHASE: Send an ORIGINAL completed rebate redemption form with the ORIGINAL or a COPY of a packing slip. Offer valid in U.S. only. Good for actual purchases by end users; excludes resellers and distributors of products and their families. You should receive your rebate within 4-6 weeks after claim is received. All rebates will be issued in US dollars, in the form of a Visa (R) prepaid card, Check, or Staples Gift Card. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail and illegible entries. Staples logo and product names are trademarks of Staples and their respective companies. Limit 1 rebate per SKU/name/address/household. For questions about your rebate call 1-877-266-6483. Fraudulent submissions could result in federal prosecution under the U.S. Mail Fraud Statutes (18 USC, Section 1341 & 1342). Keep a copy of your documents for future reference. The VISA PREPAID CARD is not redeemable for cash and may not be used for cash withdrawal at any cash-dispensing location. Each time you use the card the amount of the transaction will be deducted from the amount of your available balance. Additional Terms and Conditions apply to the card. Please refer to the Cardholder Agreement insert provided with your prepaid card. Subject to applicable law, a monthly maintenance fee of $3 (USD) applies, but is waived for the first six months after the card is issued. No additional fees will be assessed once the card balance reaches zero. Your card is issued by J.P. Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. or MetaBank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Cards can be used at any merchants that accept Visa debit cards. Staples reserves the right to substitute a check of equal value in lieu of a Visa prepaid card at its discretion. Staples GIFT CARDS are redeemable only for future purchases at Staples U.S. stores. For balance, or if you have questions about your Staples Gift Card, call 1-888-609-6963 or visit Staples.com/giftcards. Value can be added to this card at any Staples U.S. retail store. See Staples Gift Card for complete terms and conditions.

Additional Information:
Purchase Total Defense Products (SKUs 101923, 101924) at Staples stores, Staples.com or Staples catalog between 11/10/12 and 11/10/13, then mail it in to receive a Visa Prepaid card or select an alternative: __ Check or __ Staples Gift Card. Limit 1 rebate per SKU/name/address/household.
Mail this form and the proof of purchase (listed in the promotion details) to the following address:
Staples ( Dept. 12-31281 ),
PO Box 540036
EL PASO, TX 88554-0036
Please allow 4 - 6 weeks after we receive your submission to receive your rebate. Offers requiring activation and/or service agreements may take longer. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions portion of each particular offer for specific details.

VivYip said:   ummm...the details do mention that you need to include a receipt/packing slip...Packing slip seems to be spelled out for online order but not for store. Rebate redemption form is not the same as rebate receipt from the register. Am just going to include it as you normally do for mail-ins anyway.

Yup, sent in the rebate form and the rebate receipt. Only 2 items in the envelope. I did one envelope/submission because I would rather be safe than sorry.

got my card yesterday

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014