• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Harry Potter 8 Disc
Disclaimer
Harry Potter The Complete 8-Film DVD Collection $10 at Target

http://www.target.com/p/harry-potter-complete-8-film-collection-...

Member Summary

harry potter
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not a lot of stores in my area have them and the ones that do show "very limited stock". How reliable is the inventory checker? - E

I believe each Target has different Clearance schedule. So online price I assume doesn't apply to in-store price?

Yeah, it says "Online Price" so I'm wondering if I'll have trouble getting this in store.

DeltaSigChi4 said:   Not a lot of stores in my area have them and the ones that do show "very limited stock". How reliable is the inventory checker? - E

This response makes me think not very reliable:

"Sorry. There are no Target stores located within 100 miles of the city houston and state Texas.Make sure the information you entered is correct, or try a new search. "

A number of posters on other boards have confirmed instore the collection scans at 9.99. Many of the stores didn't have them on the shelves
and they were stashed in the back even in stores that were listed OOS on the Inventory Tracker. Take the DPCI 058-21-0440 and have them manually
check it or if your store still have the price scanner with manual keyboard, type it in yourself.

If your 1st store is OOS have them run the local store inventory and see if it might be worth the extra drive.

hariseldon said:   If your 1st store is OOS have them run the local store inventory and see if it might be worth the extra drive.

I got one today with this method.

This deal is not a clearance. This is new merchandise for the holidays. Each store seems to have just two of these. I was told it is part of a larger campaign of similar DVD collections for the holidays. I went to a B&M that had "Limited Stock" online, according to Target.com and was told that it was not yet available at that store and that a nearby store had 2 in the backroom. I went to the other store, told an Electronics employee what the first store had told me and he retrieved one for me from the backroom.

Get it while you can!

The store employee found two in the back and checked the online price and it show the marked down. She called up front to get permission to do the markdown. When the manager checked the price it had changed back to the original price. The employee refreshed her screen and it also jumped back to the old price.

No joy in Mudville

I just tried for this deal in NJ, where I found a copy at my local Target. The customer service guy checked the prices, and was surprised to see 3 different prices, including the $10 one, which listed as a return price. When he checked online, it was $27.99. He wouldn't sell it to me at any sale price, though, saying that because it was out of stock online, he couldn't price match it. So close!

I assume this dead now, since it shows 27.99 online... I found a set at my store, but it's ringing up regular price, and I have nothing to PM it to...

Online price has been 27.99 since Sunday morning, but the itmes were ringing up 9.99 until sometime Monday (I got a couple copies Sunday night)
and then everybody started reporting it ringing back at $75+. Since Target is matching their website throgh the holidays, you can get it instore
for the 28 price, but not nearly the deal.

did you get it online at 9.99 the other day??

i mean sunday

sue7855 said:   did you get it online at 9.99 the other day??

Who me? No I got mine in the store along with a bizarre great deal on Indiana Jone Trilogy since I missed Saturday's deal.
Online price had already bumped to 27.99, but they still scanned at 9.99 in store

I went for broke with a bunch of coupons that had been spit out at me in various ways over the week figuring the worst
they'd do would be laugh at me. I had a 8off80 register coupon, a 10off75 coupon I got for some Redcard promo, and the $10 IJ Target Coupon.
I asked the clerk if he would let me do one coupon per item and he said yes, so...

IJ Bluray collection was %64.99 and the store had 2 copies of HP DVD Collection at $9.99ea

84.97 at the register before tax. I couldn't use the 10off75 first since that would probably have disallowed the 8off80
of the IJ $10 which would probably have blocked both others. So handed the clerk the 8 off 80 and it scanned good down to
76.97, handed him the 10off75 scanned good down to 66.97 (I couldn't believe both worked), IJ 10 off scanned good and now at 56.97.

On top I had just gotten dropped in my lap on Saturdya a $10Target card "Thank You" for having a BOA CC in good standing (free money for
doing nothing) so now 46.97 + 5% Redcard -- 44 + tax for all 3 sets. I haven't had a deal that cool in a long while though the TRU Nemo
coupons may make top that soon enough. After all that i figured I ended up with IJ Collection for $25-30 after all and soothed
my shattered soul for missing out on Saturday's $35 deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014