• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Advance Auto has the Peak 900 Amp Jumpstarter http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/produ... on sale for $79.99. Add filler item (I used 312114.3 which was .29) to get the price over $80. Apply promo code RAF51112 which takes $30 off purchases over $80. That knocks the price down to $50.28. Next, submit the rebate for $20 off (Offer Code: AAP-10023) and you get this jumpstarter for $30.28.

Advance Auto Parts
See Advance Auto Parts promo codes that earn 5.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Peak 900 amp
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I mentioned that several times in the thread.. how did you miss it?

SlamminMOFO (Jan. 07, 2013 @ 11:38a) |

I guess I read it as some bells and whistles were missing, not something that is essential to operate the unit. I realiz... (more)

Yoksel (Jan. 07, 2013 @ 6:04p) |

I have the newer model and finally got the time to deal with it. How do you guys get the reading out of it? I've been ch... (more)

Yoksel (Jan. 20, 2013 @ 9:47p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great deal keep up the good work!

shipping is over $12 for me. still good deal. maybe i will try pickup.

not bad, the air pump version was 4x in another deal free ship but it's dead. i got a 900 from HF for 15$ OB just missing wall wart.

Thanks OP. I've ben waiting for this rebate. My old Vector Jump Start no longer works. The SLA battery is OK, but the electronics are messed up. This is the same or less than replacing the battery inside.

Thanks for the post. I've been procrastinating but this gives me a boot in the rear to grab one.

In for one. Thanks OP

Don't forget the 10%+5% CashBack if from shopdiscover + discover card

THANK YOU !!!

Nice! In for 1.

If you add an item to get your order to $85, use code RAF7JA1102 to knock $35 off. It's like getting an extra $5 item for free.

SlamminMOFO said:   If you add an item to get your order to $85, use code RAF7JA1102 to knock $35 off. It's like getting an extra $5 item for free.

That code results in :
The promotion code you entered is not valid. Please check the code and try again.

brotherhpj said:   SlamminMOFO said:   If you add an item to get your order to $85, use code RAF7JA1102 to knock $35 off. It's like getting an extra $5 item for free.

That code results in :
The promotion code you entered is not valid. Please check the code and try again.

I used it this morning. What do you have in your cart?

I just did a test order and it worked again. Make sure your total is over 85.00 and make sure you are not adding oil as I dont think the promo codes work for oil anymore.

Also, are you entering it manually or copy and paste? Try a copy and paste as you may be putting in the wrong code.

So where does one get the rebate form?

Nevermind. . .found it within Advance Auto site!

Thx!! and cool deal OP!

In for one with the $35 off code working for me. Thanks guys!!!

2 rebates per address/person...charging my cell phone using this unit right now...very cool...thanks OP

I got this last time they had the rebate. By far one of the best investments in tools I have ever made. Saved my butt so many times.

Where is the rebate?

Where does it appear?

thx

never mind.. found it on the site

Beware, I made this deal a few months ago, i never received my rebate , when I called I was told by AMEX outsourced agent, told me that my rebate card had been used already!
I submitted a claim they never contacted me back, when I called back I was told that, there is nothing they can do.

Anyone know how long these maintain their charge before fizzling out?

orthros, I'd guess no more than a couple months. I bought a HF one years ago... But basically I found the air pump nearly useless, and the battery was never adequately charged when I needed it, unless you charge it every month or less. It was just a headache. It's a good price, but I think these devices are pointless.

Unit I received
Disclaimer
Did anybody receive a 900 amp different than the picture on AAP website? Mine looks different and requires a separate cord to charge.

I cant even locate one like it online. The manual has 2012 on it so maybe this is an updated version?

yes, mine looks just like the one in the picture.
Can't find it online!!

I choose another item (which i needed now) to avoid Shipping Cost, just in case if you are in same situation where you don't have availability in store or you live outside of AAP location

Item Description QTY Status Delivery Option Price Total
Peak 900 Amp Peak Jumpstarter
Part No PKC0AZ/PKC0AZ-0
Warranty 1 YEAR REPLACEMENT IF DEFECTIVE 1 In Process Ship $79.99 $55.91
Discount -$24.08
Dorman - Pik-a-Nut Cotter Pins - 1/8 Inch x 1-1/2 Inch (M3.2 x 1 In Process Ship $0.29 $0.20
Discount -$0.09
Sylvania SilverStar TWIN Halogen Headlight 1 In Process Ship $35.99 $25.16
Discount -$10.83

-------------------
$86.76 (Shipped)
-------------------

of course $20 less after you submit $20 Rebate ... Rebate Submit Link

SlamminMOFO said:   Did anybody receive a 900 amp different than the picture on AAP website? Mine looks different and requires a separate cord to charge.

I cant even locate one like it online. The manual has 2012 on it so maybe this is an updated version?

The one i bought looks just like your pic

russ0519 said:   Don't forget the 10%+5% CashBack if from shopdiscover + discover card

There's 4% FatCash if you don't have a discover card

Did anybody's come pre-charged at all? Mine had 2 dashes in the percent area and sometimes I need to hit the button twice to see that. I had it hooked up to a extension cord for 12 hours so far and still nothing... I hope I didn't get a defective unit.

I have this unit....got it from AAP last summer on a similar deal. It is a nice unit. Here is what I use it for: Jumpstart my yard tractor, which has a dead battery in it. Power cellphone chargers(via USB) and portable DVD player in my camper. Also, the LED lights are very helpful in the camper. During SANDY, used the LED lights and 12V power for the cellphone when my power was out. The kids also powered some video games and their phones. Despite all this usage, it never came close to being fully discharged. BTW, in the past, when the sealed battery in my previous jumpstarters finally died, it was a simple matter to disassemble the unit and replace the battery, which is easily available online for about 25 bucks. Now, I have a couple of these things, and lend them out when necessary. Peace.

orthros said:   Anyone know how long these maintain their charge before fizzling out?

You just need to top them off every few months or so. After a couple months it takes a very short time to recharge them so they could not have lost much power.

If you use them, then recharge when you can.

meggacat said:   I have this unit....got it from AAP last summer on a similar deal. It is a nice unit. Here is what I use it for: Jumpstart my yard tractor, which has a dead battery in it. Power cellphone chargers(via USB) and portable DVD player in my camper. Also, the LED lights are very helpful in the camper. During SANDY, used the LED lights and 12V power for the cellphone when my power was out. The kids also powered some video games and their phones. Despite all this usage, it never came close to being fully discharged. BTW, in the past, when the sealed battery in my previous jumpstarters finally died, it was a simple matter to disassemble the unit and replace the battery, which is easily available online for about 25 bucks. Now, I have a couple of these things, and lend them out when necessary. Peace.

Any link were you can get the replacement batteries?

Thanks OP. Just what I needed.

Can you find me an unlocked IPhone 5 for under $300 ?

I found 2 websites that may be of interest:

link 1

link 2 (same model number)

blueribb said:   I found 2 websites that may be of interest:

link 1

I did this deal as OP posted. I didn't even bother to price check. Your Link#2 implies that this "deal" is essentially a BS price with a rebate hassle to boot ?

Is $30ish the "real" price for a unit in this category ? (I still need it, I'd just be discussed if AAP is messing with me)

My box has a sticker with a model number of PKC0AZ but underneath it it shows PKC0J9. Very odd.

To anybody that has the new style like I posted above, when you press the battery checker button, does it show anything? Mine still showing two dashes after 14 hours of charging.

FYI, i bought one of these less than a year ago and its already not holding charge, 90-day warranty...

HTuttle said:   blueribb said:   I found 2 websites that may be of interest:

link 1

I did this deal as OP posted. I didn't even bother to price check. Your Link#2 implies that this "deal" is essentially a BS price with a rebate hassle to boot ?

Is $30ish the "real" price for a unit in this category ? (I still need it, I'd just be discussed if AAP is messing with me)

Now you know why AAP can afford $35 off $85 coupons.

meggacat said:   I have this unit....got it from AAP last summer on a similar deal. It is a nice unit. Here is what I use it for: Jumpstart my yard tractor, which has a dead battery in it. Power cellphone chargers(via USB) and portable DVD player in my camper. Also, the LED lights are very helpful in the camper. During SANDY, used the LED lights and 12V power for the cellphone when my power was out. The kids also powered some video games and their phones. Despite all this usage, it never came close to being fully discharged. BTW, in the past, when the sealed battery in my previous jumpstarters finally died, it was a simple matter to disassemble the unit and replace the battery, which is easily available online for about 25 bucks. Now, I have a couple of these things, and lend them out when necessary. Peace.

What type of battery is in this, there is nothing in the description on their site?

I have an old Vector Elite jump starter I got for around $20-25 6 years ago. The battery is completely dead (12v19ah) and a replacement seems to cost at least $40 and upwards... This seems like a pretty good deal versus buying a replacement battery. I just wish there was free shipping (I don't want to order $75 worth of stuff either...ugh). Any other good fillers? The sucky part is that there are no Advance Auto Parts local to where I am, so returns wouldn't be easy. Are these guys affiliated with any other auto store that would take returns?

Going to exchange mine now... still no percentage showing on the battery charge.

Just got back.. the new one works.

Skipping 68 Messages...
I have the newer model and finally got the time to deal with it. How do you guys get the reading out of it? I've been charging it for two days - the LED lights work, the USB has power but when I press and hold the test button, no reading comes up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014