• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
Besides Jump Starter, added Turtle Car Wash &Wax. Used $35 off coupon. Order picked up from store. Submitted the rebate online. No paper or mailing. Thanks OP

It's been a while since I did the DIY battery replacement. I disassembled the jump starter and got the manufacturer's name and number off the old battery. It was a sealed lead/acid battery. I Googled the manufacturer and part number and was surprised to see so many online retailers of these batteries. I picked the cheapest one and bought it. Perfect replacement. The jumpstarter is like new.

My replacement unit was at 80% charged when I picked it up. I plugged it in when I got home and it quickly went to 99% and then to FL (I will assume that means FULL CHARGE). I checked the charger a few hours after and its down to 90% already and I haven't used it. Anybody else with similar experience? I wonder if they are using crap battery's.

Mine is like the picture. It showed no % after 8 hrs of charging and only 2 led lights lit up. Checked it after 14 hours and it shows 41% now. Looked at the manual and it says first charge takes 36 hrs. Sounds like mine will take that long...

In for a total of four for christmas presents. Hope the rebates work. Used two accounts.

69ragtop said:   HTuttle said:   blueribb said:   I found 2 websites that may be of interest:

link 1

link 2 (same model number)

I did this deal as OP posted. I didn't even bother to price check. Your Link#2 implies that this "deal" is essentially a BS price with a rebate hassle to boot ?

Is $30ish the "real" price for a unit in this category ? (I still need it, I'd just be discussed if AAP is messing with me)

Now you know why AAP can afford $35 off $85 coupons.

Wounder if we can Price Match with the Farm and Fleet price? Anyone know?

I just realized that my unit did not come with the 12V DC charger for use with cigarette lighter outlet but is listed in the Product Features as included.
Anyone else?

brotherhpj said:   I just realized that my unit did not come with the 12V DC charger for use with cigarette lighter outlet but is listed in the Product Features as included.
Anyone else?

I didnt get one either... I think the AAP unit that is showing in OP's message may have come with it but it seems that they cheaped out on these updated versions that we are receiving. No power cord, no dc charge cord.

Perhaps what they mean in the features is that you can charge an item though the DC charge port if not near a car and that is the type of charger you have for a cell phone or gps.

Thanks for the deal. Mine doesn't have the percentage. A red LED lights when it is charging,and the book says " Continue charging until the two green LEDs remain lit constantly." I am not sure if that means they are lit just when I press the battery status button or what. edit
I emailed customer service and they said the green LEDs will not come on until the battery status button is depressed. So I will only be able to tell if it is between 75% and 100% fully charged.

linksnap said:   Thanks for the deal. Mine doesn't have the percentage. A red LED lights when it is charging,and the book says " Continue charging until the two green LEDs remain lit constantly." I am not sure if that means they are lit just when I press the battery status button or what.

You have the older style as shown in the original message link. Some of us are getting the style with digital display showing a percentage.
I would leave it plugged in for at least 18 hours or so.

Is this powerful enough to charge a minivan?
I see on the website it says cars, but it's 900peak , and 400 regular amp, and posters here have mentioned charging lawn equipment, cell phones etc - so I wanted to check how well it works on cars/ (minivans in particular)

cgott42 said:   Is this powerful enough to charge a minivan?
I see on the website it says cars, but it's 900peak , and 400 regular amp, and posters here have mentioned charging lawn equipment, cell phones etc - so I wanted to check how well it works on cars/ (minivans in particular)

Yes, this is def good enough to jumpstart your minivan. You dont need a lot of cold cranking amps to kick a car over and allow the alternator to take over with the charge.

thx

I bought something like this at Costco a couple of years ago and love it but most of the use I get out of it is the air compressor to maintain bike and vehicle tires.
This one does not seem to have a compressor which is a deal breaker for me.

These are ggrr8t in the morning, if like me you are trying to cut the coffee habit.

brotherhpj said:   I just realized that my unit did not come with the 12V DC charger for use with cigarette lighter outlet but is listed in the Product Features as included.
Anyone else?

I went to AAP and asked if they would open one of the charger boxes to see if there was a cigarette lighter outlet and a 12V DC charger and sure enough both were there. Told the young guy I got neither even though the box and online description said they should have been included. Showed him my receipt and he headed in the back and then came out and just handed both charges to me. I guess it pays to be a good customer. So if you did not get both chargers you now know what to do.

brotherhpj said:   brotherhpj said:   I just realized that my unit did not come with the 12V DC charger for use with cigarette lighter outlet but is listed in the Product Features as included.
Anyone else?

I went to AAP and asked if they would open one of the charger boxes to see if there was a cigarette lighter outlet and a 12V DC charger and sure enough both were there. Told the young guy I got neither even though the box and online description said they should have been included. Showed him my receipt and he headed in the back and then came out and just handed both charges to me. I guess it pays to be a good customer. So if you did not get both chargers you now know what to do.

So you are saying that you received the newer style with digital display (like the pic I posted) and opened another box in the store and it had the 2 cords? Kinda odd since I had 2 in my possession and neither had them. I'll call peak and see if they were supposed to be included. I'll post back.

SlamminMOFO said:   brotherhpj said:   brotherhpj said:   I just realized that my unit did not come with the 12V DC charger for use with cigarette lighter outlet but is listed in the Product Features as included.
Anyone else?

So you are saying that you received the newer style with digital display (like the pic I posted) and opened another box in the store and it had the 2 cords? Kinda odd since I had 2 in my possession and neither had them. I'll call peak and see if they were supposed to be included. I'll post back.

Yes thats what I'm saying. The box and online description both say they should be included

Ordered one online and picked up at store. Tried to submit rebate online and can not find the transaction number anywhere on the store receipt. Any one else have this problem? Suggestions? Thanks.. Peter

skelp said:   Ordered one online and picked up at store. Tried to submit rebate online and can not find the transaction number anywhere on the store receipt. Any one else have this problem? Suggestions? Thanks.. Peter

Pete, use the drop down box during the rebate process to select "bought online for in store pickup" and then you will no longer have to enter a transaction number

brotherhpj said:   SlamminMOFO said:   brotherhpj said:   brotherhpj said:   I just realized that my unit did not come with the 12V DC charger for use with cigarette lighter outlet but is listed in the Product Features as included.
Anyone else?

Yes thats what I'm saying. The box and online description both say they should be included

Just called the number in the manual and they confirmed that the digital unit (which is indeed an upgraded and newer from the unit in OP's post) does not come with anything. There are 2-prongs on the back that you hook a regular extension cord up to it to charge. No other cables come with it. What he could not understand was why this has PKC069 on the manual and stickers on the box over that model number showing PKC0AZ unless AAP did that.

If you were handed a charger, what type of end comes on it and where will you plug it in as this has no AC port.

HTuttle said:   blueribb said:   I found 2 websites that may be of interest:

link 1

link 2 (same model number)

I did this deal as OP posted. I didn't even bother to price check. Your Link#2 implies that this "deal" is essentially a BS price with a rebate hassle to boot ?

Is $30ish the "real" price for a unit in this category ? (I still need it, I'd just be discussed if AAP is messing with me)

But if you look at the specs tab on the Blain's website, it says their $30 unit is only 450 amps.

Depot is offering a 300 amp unit for $30, just to give you a frame of reference

freakinout said:   

But if you look at the specs tab on the Blain's website, it says their $30 unit is only 450 amps.

Depot is offering a 300 amp unit for $30, just to give you a frame of reference

Blain's offering @ $29bucks is the identical model # (PKC0AZ) as this AAP unit. This unit is 450amp rated the "900" is peak (no pun on the brandname)

SlamminMOFO said:   

Just called the number in the manual and they confirmed that the digital unit (which is indeed an upgraded and newer from the unit in OP's post) does not come with anything...

Sometimes newer is not an "upgrade" but a corner cutter or manufacture money saver. I had the chance when I picked mine up to get the older model (as posted here) or the newer model. I choose the older model.

The older model does not have the digital read out - just indicator lights, but it does have a row of white LEDs for a decent worklight source and of course it does come with a cig cord & wall wart and it's bigger so you can throw it at someone if you need to defend yourself

I'm not sure what else might be different, I just felt like the older model might be better built.

HTuttle said:   SlamminMOFO said:   

Just called the number in the manual and they confirmed that the digital unit (which is indeed an upgraded and newer from the unit in OP's post) does not come with anything...

Sometimes newer is not an "upgrade" but a corner cutter or manufacture money saver. I had the chance when I picked mine up to get the older model (as posted here) or the newer model. I choose the older model.

The older model does not have the digital read out - just indicator lights, but it does have a row of white LEDs for a decent worklight source and of course it does come with a cig cord & wall wart and it's bigger so you can throw it at someone if you need to defend yourself

I'm not sure what else might be different, I just felt like the older model might be better built.

You may be right.. the older one may be built a little better but this new one also has the LED light row and I kinda like the digital indicator. I had a lot of extension cords around so that wasn't a problem hooking it up to charge and I have a few leftover cigarette cords around from other crap I bought in the past. I didn't have a choice in the matter... I may have chosen the older one but not too sure. The bottom line is that I hope they perform when really needed.

So whats the deal with the new and old models? Which one is better? Does the newer one charge faster since it doesnt use a dc adapter?

gobigorgohome said:   Here is the Blaines link with the inflator
http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/710655-peak-jumpstarter-wit...

The one in the link with inflator appears to be 300 amps compared to the one in the op which is 450 amps.

Maniac2k2 said:   So whats the deal with the new and old models? Which one is better? Does the newer one charge faster since it doesnt use a dc adapter?

Nobody knows yet how they will compare. Too soon to say but the old one in the OP's link was discontinued as per my phone call to them today.
Mine charged pretty quick (the newer one).

Adding a couple of Michelin Stealth Ultra Hybrid Wiper Blades got it to $77.97. (no cotter pins)

Has anyone replaced the battery or hacked the battery for something else.

Wife didn't have jumper cables...this will do nicely. Thanks OP.

Great find, will need this for emergencies. Thanks OP

Deal appears dead. I can't get either the 30 or 35 off codes to work. Talked to chat and said they only work for new customers. Registered new account with new address and email and still won't apply. Tried checking out as a guest and still fails.

I just tried the $30 off code from the op and it still works.

Now.....I did some in home comparisons between the newer model and the older one. I decided to take back 3 older models and swap them out for the newer digital ones.

Older model (non digital)
Pros
Better grip on handle
Better tabs to clip cables back onto unit when not in use
Cables are a little thicker

Cons
90 day warranty
USB port is only 500ma
Larger footprint
Power knob on side
Leds to show charge status
Uses dc adapter to charge which can be lost

Newer model (digital)

Pros
1 year warranty
USB port is 1000 ma
Smaller footprint
All operating knobs on front face
Digital readout shows charge percentage
Uses any extension cord to charge

Cons
Plain non grippy handle
Cable holders round and not as neat
Cables a little thinner

The USB output, warranty, and digital display are what sold me on the newer model.

Picked up mine last night. Looks just like the photo from SiamminMOFO
It was at 84%. So I plugged in the extension cord to charge it and it went to FL within 2 mins.
9 hours later, the display shows 90% even though it's just sitting in the living room with nothing plugged to it.
I wonder if this is normal. I will keep monitoring if the charge continues to drain without any load plugged in.

bping2 said:   Picked up mine last night. Looks just like the photo from SiamminMOFO
It was at 84%. So I plugged in the extension cord to charge it and it went to FL within 2 mins.
9 hours later, the display shows 90% even though it's just sitting in the living room with nothing plugged to it.
I wonder if this is normal. I will keep monitoring if the charge continues to drain without any load plugged in.

Mine was doing that too at first but I plugged it in several more times and let it one a few hours in the FL position and then it stayed in the upper 90's. I think it just needs a few charges to get the battery's to hold it.

The instructions say to charge for 36 hrs on the initial charge.

Dang, still on the fence. I'm trying to see what I can do about free shipping still and getting my order to $75. The problem is that the $30 off code takes a discount off *each* item (as opposed to the total), so while I could take advantage of Paypal's free return shipping, I'll lose part of the $30 discount to the filler item I added for free shipping.

Breakdown:
Peak 900 Amp Peak Jumpstarter
1 Ship $79.99
Discount: -$22.80 $57.19

Peak 100 Watt Power Inverter
1 Ship $24.99
Discount: -$7.12 $17.87

Dorman - Pik-a-Nut Cotter Pins - 1/8 Inch x 1-1/2 Inch (M3.2 x 38mm)
1 Ship $0.29
Discount: -$0.08 $0.21

As you can see, I added the inverter to get the total to just over $75 but the $30 is applied *per* item so if I returned the inverter I'd most likely only get $17.87 back. The jumpstarter would end up being $57 and the $20 rebate would bring it down to $37.

FYI: According to a chat rep, there are no Advance Auto Parts west of the rockies....

Anyone know what the rebate limitations are? Is it one rebate per person per address, etc?

I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to add quantity two to cart, checkout&buy, and submit two rebates for the same receipt?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.