• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Thanks all. Did in-store pickup. Added LED flashlight for 4.99 and 1/4" e-clip for .39 (took a while to find something cheap that was in-stock at my store in CARY, NC).

jplee3 said:   Anyone know what the rebate limitations are? Is it one rebate per person per address, etc?

I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to add quantity two to cart, checkout&buy, and submit two rebates for the same receipt?

I believe it is two per household.

SlamminMOFO said:   jplee3 said:   Anyone know what the rebate limitations are? Is it one rebate per person per address, etc?

I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to add quantity two to cart, checkout&buy, and submit two rebates for the same receipt?

I guess the real question is if I can submit both rebates using the same receipt

So is this 900 AMPs as the OP's title and Advance's says, or 450 AMPs? The model number on Advance's site is PKC0AZ, which on Amazon says it's 450 AMPs:
http://www.amazon.com/Peak-PKC0AZ-450-Jump-Starter/dp/B002YLRN30...

aacook said:   So is this 900 AMPs as the OP's title and Advance's says, or 450 AMPs? The model number on Advance's site is PKC0AZ, which on Amazon says it's 450 AMPs:
http://www.amazon.com/Peak-PKC0AZ-450-Jump-Starter/dp/B002YLRN30...
Both . It's 450 starting amps, 900 peak amps.

jplee3 said:   SlamminMOFO said:   jplee3 said:   Anyone know what the rebate limitations are? Is it one rebate per person per address, etc?

I guess the real question is if I can submit both rebates using the same receipt

I dont see it being a problem. You submit the rebate on line.. Just make sure you select 2 in the quantity.

SlamminMOFO said:   jplee3 said:   SlamminMOFO said:   jplee3 said:   Anyone know what the rebate limitations are? Is it one rebate per person per address, etc?

I dont see it being a problem. You submit the rebate on line.. Just make sure you select 2 in the quantity.

Actually, I just realized it probably wouldn't make sense to try buying two cause the discount is still $30 off $80, unless there's a $60 off $160 floating around somewhere LOL

jplee3 said:   SlamminMOFO said:   jplee3 said:   SlamminMOFO said:   jplee3 said:   Anyone know what the rebate limitations are? Is it one rebate per person per address, etc?

Actually, I just realized it probably wouldn't make sense to try buying two cause the discount is still $30 off $80, unless there's a $60 off $160 floating around somewhere LOL

Or make 2 orders

SlamminMOFO said:   jplee3 said:   SlamminMOFO said:   jplee3 said:   SlamminMOFO said:   jplee3 said:   Anyone know what the rebate limitations are? Is it one rebate per person per address, etc?

Or make 2 orders

Well, what I'm trying to do is get enough to make it to free shipping as well. I think the only way to achieve this and make it worth while is to find another item that has a MIR. Otherwise, I'll either have to suck it up for the $12 shipping or really find a $25 filler item.

I am wanting to but this for my dad for christmas! Will it jump a car or truck? Or is it just for small batteries like lawn mowers and such! Thanks

newbridetobe said:   I am wanting to but this for my dad for christmas! Will it jump a car or truck? Or is it just for small batteries like lawn mowers and such! Thanks

Yep, it'll start a car or truck, used mine to do that a few times already.

Maniac2k2 said:   I just tried the $30 off code from the op and it still works.

Now.....I did some in home comparisons between the newer model and the older one. I decided to take back 3 older models and swap them out for the newer digital ones.

Older model (non digital)
Pros
Better grip on handle
Better tabs to clip cables back onto unit when not in use
Cables are a little thicker

Cons
90 day warranty
USB port is only 500ma
Larger footprint
Power knob on side
Leds to show charge status

Newer model (digital)

Pros
1 year warranty
USB port is 1000 ma
Smaller footprint
All operating knobs on front face
Digital readout shows charge percentage

Cons
Plain non grippy handle
Cable holders round and not as neat
Cables a little thinner

The USB output, warranty, and digital display are what sold me on the newer model.

Nice work, but you left out Lethalness.
Given the better grip and heftier bulk I'd have to give Lethalness to the older model.
Also, should you ever need to follow-up a skull crush, the "little thicker" cables do offer superior strangulation capabilities.

In for 2 - thanks OP.

Ordered online, local pickup, seamless. One came 82%, the other 92%. Charging for 36 hours now.

I got the older model and it did not charge very long before the two green LEDs would be lit. So I only charged it for 9 hours, because I did not want to overcharge it. But I charged my cell phone a few minutes to see if the USB port was working, and then only one LED would light. So I am going to charge it another 27 hours to get the initial charging of 36 hours. I am charging it outside because it needs ventilation.

have not picked mines up yet. do i need any extension cord to recharge this, or a heavy duty orange kind? tia

BosuxRedsux said:   have not picked mines up yet. do i need any extension cord to recharge this, or a heavy duty orange kind? tia

If you get the new one (with battery percentage led), you need an extension cord... any will do.

If you get the older model with no battery percentage led, it comes with an adapter.

SlamminMOFO said:   BosuxRedsux said:   have not picked mines up yet. do i need any extension cord to recharge this, or a heavy duty orange kind? tia

If you get the new one (with battery percentage led), you need an extension cord... any will do.

If you get the older model with no battery percentage led, it comes with an adapter.

thanks, going later to pick it up. i would opt for the older charger except that the battery is older and less life than the newer one. but, not up to me. it'll be whatever they give me, unless they have both, than i may opt for the older one if the manufacturing date is this year.

I still have about 14 hours of initial charging to do and I hooked a voltmeter up to the jumper cables, it read 13.20 volts and running car is about 14.50 volts. So I will probably keep an eye on it that way since I got the older model.

Charge it to Discover and you may get an add'l 10% by linking thru their website.

Will this work with a power inverter? In other words is this like a regular car battery in that if I were camping and wanted to power small a/c appliances could I just hook the cables to the inverter?

VirginiaDC said:   Will this work with a power inverter? In other words is this like a regular car battery in that if I were camping and wanted to power small a/c appliances could I just hook the cables to the inverter?

What you are saying could work probably but wouldnt last that long but there is a cig lighter port and usb connection to power up/charge low voltage items.

They have a new coupon out for $30 off $75. No need to add fillers now. DOTW52 is the coupon code.

My rebate was approved today

VirginiaDC said:   Will this work with a power inverter? In other words is this like a regular car battery in that if I were camping and wanted to power small a/c appliances could I just hook the cables to the inverter?

My airbed is AC power. When camping I use one of these batteries and inverter, it works fine. As other poster said, depending on how much power you are drawing, it may not last long.

EDIT: this battery probably has less than half the capacity of my Civic car battery so would drain quicker than car battery.

I just got it and was surprised that it requires an extension cord to charge. So out of the box it's completely useless Too bad, looks like I'm gonna have to stop by WalMart to get this thing going.

Yoksel said:   I just got it and was surprised that it requires an extension cord to charge. So out of the box it's completely useless Too bad, looks like I'm gonna have to stop by WalMart to get this thing going.

I mentioned that several times in the thread.. how did you miss it?

SlamminMOFO said:   Yoksel said:   I just got it and was surprised that it requires an extension cord to charge. So out of the box it's completely useless Too bad, looks like I'm gonna have to stop by WalMart to get this thing going.

I mentioned that several times in the thread.. how did you miss it?

I guess I read it as some bells and whistles were missing, not something that is essential to operate the unit. I realize most people have extension cords around but I moved a lot recently and got rid of a lot of small stuff so I don't have one (and not owning a house don't even remember a need to have one at all).

I have the newer model and finally got the time to deal with it. How do you guys get the reading out of it? I've been charging it for two days - the LED lights work, the USB has power but when I press and hold the test button, no reading comes up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.