• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I've been in the market for a deli slicer for a while. This one is almost double the power (200W) of everything else in the price range - it has 4 stars on Amazon with 90 Reviews, and they are selling it for $85

Link to slicer:
Deli Slicer

$150 Orig Price

$70 Sale Price
(14) - 20% code WREATH or use HOLLY for 25% off with $100 purchase
--------
(8.40) 10% off shop Discover and 5% bonus Cash Back... or use FatCash for 4% back
---------
$47.60

almost $40 off of the selling price of everywhere else!!

This deal is great because you will meet the $50 for free shipping. or if you have some extra Kohls cash to use up this is a good deal. I was not able to find this in my local store.

Bring the deli counter to your kitchen with this Kalorik meat slicer.

Precision depth control and 200-watt motor create the perfect slice every time.
Variable settings allow you to cut slices from 1/32" deli-thin to 1/2" thick.
Stainless steel serrated blade removes for easy cleaning.
Details:
Includes: 7 1/2-in. diameter blade
14 1/2"L x 8"W x 10"H
200 watts
Manufacturer's 1-year limited warranty
Model no. AS27222

Kohl's
See Kohl's promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

AS27222 (14.05kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Kohl's Coupons:
    SHIPPINGMVC
    Kohl's Charge MVC Customers - Free shipping on any order (expires 4/21/14 12:59am)
    SUN15
    15% off any order (expires 4/21/14 12:59am)
    HUNT
    15% off any order (expires 4/22/14 12:59am)
  • Also categorized in:

Minus maybe ButcherBoy...do many people actually use these at home ?

respdoc said:   Minus maybe ButcherBoy...do many people actually use these at home ?

Works great for slicing your own jerky!

respdoc said:   Minus maybe ButcherBoy...do many people actually use these at home ?

I do. Great when you buy in bulk. I divide up the meat/cheese portions and freeze them.

"I've cut slices so thin, I couldn't even see them."
"How'd you know you cut it?"
"Well, I guess I just assumed."

in 4 1

my first thought: Dell makes meat slicers???...
time to get some sleep!

lesliejs said:   my first thought: Dell makes meat slicers???...
time to get some sleep!

Think about all those 'thin' margins...now you know where they come from. Besides, haven't you heard that Dell missed the market earnings projections? (There may be better profit in Deli meats....)

Anyway, to the OP, I've owned several different models of these in the past 30 years. The motor has never been an issue as far as bogging down. Now, pay close attention to the construction and rigidness of the platform, slides, and backstop. Those items will determine if you get slices of uniform thickness. If the platform has wobble you will get wavy or broken cuts. If the backstop has play or give, the slices will be wedge shaped or have long tails that require flipping of the meat to be cut in order to get good cuts.

Go for the heaviest and most rigid unit with the largest platform that you can find. Next look for the motor, blade, and thickness control build.

Best, look for a grocery or restaurant going out of business and buy their old slicer for $3-6 hundred. Hobart makes virtually indestructable units.

I have 1 stainless steel and not been use in the 5 years. It's a pain to clean if you only use like 2-10minutes.

I have one like this, and yes, I use it. This particular slicer is not that great, but it does the job, ok for the price.

SCWally said:   lesliejs said:   my first thought: Dell makes meat slicers???...
time to get some sleep!

Best, look for a grocery or restaurant going out of business and buy their old slicer for $3-6 hundred. Hobart makes virtually indestructable units.

Thanks for the tips! I'll check it out when it comes. I went to restaurant supply warehouse (where they sell reclaimed / used equipment) and the real deals were $$$ even used... I mostly want this for slicing hard sausage, roast beef for dinners, and maybe some cheeses for a party. so for under $50 I hope it will work

Thanks OP! I was just in the market for one! I've been making my own beef jerky in my smoker once a month and was looking for ways to speed up the process. This'll be perfect to use once or twice a month.

I have this, keep in mind it's not something you'll use all the time.. it is a huge PITA to clean.. i mean 30 minutes at least to take the thing apart and clean it, and then put it back together being careful not to get grease all over the place.

It's been touched on, but I second/third/forth whatever that these things are a huge PITA to clean. When I got my smoker I found one at a garage sale for a few bucks, smoked some pork and turkey for sandwiches, sliced it all up. I thought I was onto something until I had to clean the thing. You will save a lot of money making your own lunch meat like this, it just depends on if you're the type that puts Sunday aside to do all your cooking/cleaning/laundry for the week or not. Using a slicer definitely turns into an event.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014