• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

BlackBerry Playbook 32GB
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
wow, these are not free yet? just wait for few more months.

chaddi (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 9:11a) |

Same here. I've bought many things from daily steals and have never been disappointed. Shipping is sometimes super slo... (more)

peterskm (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 2:35p) |

I would buy 16GB version for $70 (used/new does not matter) just to watch you-tube and browse the web, plus get traffic ... (more)

Stas1976 (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 6:06p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is there anyone who's planning on buying this to port android on it?

is this going to run the new blackberry 10 OS? I haven't heard an announcement yet. Also this price is exceptionally tempting but I am still thinking Nexus 7. I'll sleep on it I suppose. Does this run Android marketplace store? I remembering reading a while back that it would be compatible with many android apps now...
Thanks

RIM has stated that the Playbooks will receive an upgrade to BlackBerry 10 in 2013. Though they have not specified a timeframe. My guess would be early summer 2013 (June).

Thanks OP. I've been looking for a new tablet. I was leaning toward the Nexus, but the lower price and extra memory seem to make this a better deal. For those looking for a few comparisons, you can read more here or here.

after some quick research - there are no android ports, with some devs saying its nearly imposible that there will be one ever because of Blackberry's security.

That said, you can install google market on it (instructions are online)

64 GB is $269 on Amazon 269.99

tempted to purchase another tablet, thanks

If you own a Blackberry phone, this is an amazing Tablet. If you do not own or plan to purchase a Blackberry phone, it is a toss up..I own one and just got another...Very Happy with the Playbook

Bestill said:   Thanks OP. I've been looking for a new tablet. I was leaning toward the Nexus, but the lower price and extra memory seem to make this a better deal. For those looking for a few comparisons, you can read more here or here.One commenter from your first link mentioned getting his 32GB BB Playbook for only $118 at Staples. If I found a deal like that I woud just have to snap it up, but at $149....meh. Too close to the price for a Kindle Fire HD or Nexus 7. We've still got plenty of time before Christmas for price drops on all of these, or at least I'm hoping!

Is this a good "throw away" tablet to have around in the car for web and email? I have a 10" one and while I like the bigger screen I prefer to have one around all the time that is smaller and not too expensive.

If I manage to get a new 64GB PlayBook for 115 (after some rewards that I have) is that a keeper versus other smaller tablets like Nexus? Nexus would cost me more so price is an issue.

With no appstore like Apple or Google Play all you can do is use Blackberry custom apps (very few) and browse the web.I would rather buy a Nexus or any android tablet that has access to thousands of apps from Google play.There are so many good Android tablets in the 125-150$ range.

This is a good tablet for certain things. Surfing it is great for. Video conferencing (only with other playbooks or Rim products) it is awesome for. Apps not so much. It is a solidly built tablet and the quality is really good. The shortcomings are the app store and limited future support.

Not refundable, lots of bad reviews of dailysteal on resellerratings.com, lack of apps = pass.

cant go wrong the PB, its a great tablet. i am tempted to buy another at that price

FairlightRacing said:   RIM has stated that the Playbooks will receive an upgrade to BlackBerry 10 in 2013. Though they have not specified a timeframe. My guess would be early summer 2013 (June).
They better say that. Otherwise, they've got another Touchpad on their hands.

Come to think of it, BB10 is probably already dead...so yeah.

Long and short of it...just get a Nexus 7 or Nexus 10. You're probably going to hack the Playbook to run Android anyway, so just cut to the chase with a real Google tablet, IMO.

I know a place that sells them for $240 for the 64 GBs. PM me for more info.

I got a 64GB one from Office Depot recently for $149. So far it was worked flawlessly for my use (web and video). Some games are available and can sideload kindle and other android apps. The runtime and standby times are great too.

biomedica said:   I know a place that sells them for $240 for the 64 GBs. PM me for more info.

siyer68 said:   I got a 64GB one from Office Depot recently for $149.

Lol, so much for the "secret PM me" deal.

This is FW, BTW. You have a deal? Post it for the jury.

This is a great tablet. I owned one. It is a very god buy at this price. But you have to be little careful when using the mini usb port while plugin

Playbook at Daily steals?! All this is indication that there is $50-99$ massive Fire sale coming soon.
Atleast touchpad was worth it as you can install Android on it.I dont think anybody has hacked into Playbook to port Android!

biomedica said:   I know a place that sells them for $240 for the 64 GBs. PM me for more info. funny since it is $219 at Wally World

Lvscott said:   Not refundable, lots of bad reviews of dailysteal on resellerratings.com, lack of apps = pass.

I've purchased several items from DailySteals and not had a single problem. resellerraitings.com can be skewed if a single incident happens to a lot of people (like the Touchpad debacle on Amazon and eBay). Not saying you're wrong, just that in most cases happy customers like me don't bother adding feedback to all those sites.

Been stung more than once by Daily Steals so they've lost me.

I bought the 16 GB version for $99

one of the best built tablets ive seen

wow, these are not free yet? just wait for few more months.

ViveLeRoi said:   Lvscott said:   Not refundable, lots of bad reviews of dailysteal on resellerratings.com, lack of apps = pass.

I've purchased several items from DailySteals and not had a single problem. resellerraitings.com can be skewed if a single incident happens to a lot of people (like the Touchpad debacle on Amazon and eBay). Not saying you're wrong, just that in most cases happy customers like me don't bother adding feedback to all those sites.

Same here. I've bought many things from daily steals and have never been disappointed. Shipping is sometimes super slow but I expect that. I remember the debacle with the net gear router that took forever to ship. I think it earned them a black eye. I had no problem waiting as it was a good price. I honestly don't understand those that buy from these deal sites and get incredible deals but expect it quickly. Even woot shipping takes a while but no one seems to care about that. I always expect a delay as the cost of getting a good deal.

I would buy 16GB version for $70 (used/new does not matter) just to watch you-tube and browse the web, plus get traffic updates when stuck. I have a curve that company pays - It is like a free wifi everywhere.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014