Stanley Tools $1.99 After Rebate

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
When I try to do the e-rebate, I get an error page saying Parago is doing site upgrades...check back later. Oh well, I can always just send in the rebate form if I must.

Got one of each, thanks OP! I called the store and they were missing 2 items but will get them from warehouse/other stores and call me when entire order is ready for pick up. Online rebate was a breeze, already got email confirmation for $30 total.

I've gotten 2 of a product when I bought in store once using my card and once w/o my card.
Submitted the set w/ my card info online.
Submitted the other set using different name/address.
Cashier understood completely why I was doing separate transactions and not using card. Of course YMMV.
If you want 2 I suggest ordering one set on line for in store pick up and submitting that w/ your info. Then while at the store picking up 1st set, get 2nd set w/o using Ace card and using a different form of payment just to be safe.

cleverstar said:   How to choose "ship-to-store" and get free shipping?
Another online system w/ a bad checkout design like RadioShack...
I choose the store, but it still show this:
FREE shipping when you choose Ship-to-Store. Shipping and Handling: $9.93
And it's added to my total...

Tottally agree..crap site..though I deleted chisel and select a store, it still chooses my home address...
If they can mess order, they can on the rebate as well...backing off

E-rebate is working again....

Why bother ordering online for instore pickup? Just go there.

Got the full wishlist just walking in, and submitted rebate without issue.

Decent for $2. Screwdriver handles are kinda small. Perfect for the junkbox toolbox.

Thanks.

dontcare4myname said:   cleverstar said:   How to choose "ship-to-store" and get free shipping?
Another online system w/ a bad checkout design like RadioShack...
I choose the store, but it still show this:
FREE shipping when you choose Ship-to-Store. Shipping and Handling: $9.93
And it's added to my total...

Tottally agree..crap site..though I deleted chisel and select a store, it still chooses my home address...
If they can mess order, they can on the rebate as well...backing off

It is a bit circuitous but I've seen a lot worse, like the FinishLine site on that hoodie deal.

Went in store yesterday, didn't ring up at 6.99. Went in this morning, not marked down but rang up at 6.99. Without FW, wouldn't have known. In for all 5 but may gift two more sets using their address.

evbe said:   Why bother ordering online for instore pickup? Just go there.

Got the full wishlist just walking in, and submitted rebate without issue.

Decent for $2. Screwdriver handles are kinda small. Perfect for the junkbox toolbox.

Thanks.

The local store never seems to have more than 1 or 2 items, so ordering online with store pickup works better for me.

thank you

Mawashi said:   Got one of each, thanks OP! I called the store and they were missing 2 items but will get them from warehouse/other stores and call me when entire order is ready for pick up. Online rebate was a breeze, already got email confirmation for $30 total.You already received a validation for the $30, or a confirmation email (that says "Your Ace rebate information")? That is the only email they send. I just submitted one Wednesday for Black Friday which currently says, "Rebate amount pending validation by Ace Hardware Corporation", and they usually take 2-4 weeks to process. I highly doubt they instantly processed your rebate, so you may want to double check the status on that.

evbe said:   Why bother ordering online for instore pickup?
For the FW Cash Back

The status is "Processing", I'm just glad it's already in their system, here are the details:

Date Received: 11-30-2012
Status Detail: Your rebate has been entered and is scheduled for final processing. Your final rebate amount will be determined after your purchase is validated. Please allow three weeks for your purchase to be validated.

Products Purchased Rebate Status Rebate Earned
Stanley 10 pc. Screwdriver Set
Stanley 1 in. x 25 ft. Leverlock Tape
Stanley Retractable Utility Knife
Stanley 3 pc. Chisel Set
Stanley 24 in. Aluminum Level
Stanley Utility Knife Blades 50 pk
Processing
Processing
Processing
Processing
Processing
Processing

1chris1 said:   Mawashi said:   Got one of each, thanks OP! I called the store and they were missing 2 items but will get them from warehouse/other stores and call me when entire order is ready for pick up. Online rebate was a breeze, already got email confirmation for $30 total.You already received a validation for the $30, or a confirmation email (that says "Your Ace rebate information")? That is the only email they send. I just submitted one Wednesday for Black Friday which currently says, "Rebate amount pending validation by Ace Hardware Corporation", and they usually take 2-4 weeks to process. I highly doubt they instantly processed your rebate, so you may want to double check the status on that.

my4mainecoons said:   evbe said:   Why bother ordering online for instore pickup?
For the FW Cash Back
...Or discover Cash Back Also why bother to find out its not in stock or is but not where its suppose to be. Might as well have them find the items for you.

Never bought at Ace so hopefully it'll be smooth. So far I have never found anything better than Sears in-store-pickup, in and out the door usually within less then 2 minutes. I picked up one of each even though I could have done without the tape measure and screw drivers, at that price though it doesn't hurt to have a spare.

i think my rebate will be here before the tools, 4 days and still processing

Ordered Friday and just got a call from my store that my order arrived and ready for pickup.

mpattdu said:   Ordered Friday and just got a call from my store that my order arrived and ready for pickup.

Same here, just got a call. Funny it says shipped on 12/3 and it's here already. They must be sending the orders to the store of choice to be filled.

the store left me a VM saying my order was ready for pickup i ordered 4 items i go there and they hand me 2 items i asked where is the rest of the order they don't have a clue about my total order and that i have to come back for the rest of it. the csr says that if the have it in the store they can't even give it to me because they have no way of telling if i paid for it.

I always bring a print out of my order confirmation and in this case, my paypal receipt. Lesson learned.

Same happened to me, store manager called their web order team and gave them my name so that they could locate my order. Bring at least your order # cause some is wrong with the way their stores are receiving these orders, i only had one item on the store's receipt when i ordered 6 items. 15 minutes later i walked out with everything i came for. SuperET said:   the store left me a VM saying my order was ready for pickup i ordered 4 items i go there and they hand me 2 items i asked where is the rest of the order they don't have a clue about my total order and that i have to come back for the rest of it. the csr says that if the have it in the store they can't even give it to me because they have no way of telling if i paid for it.

I had no problem with this similar rebate last year, and my order was done online for in-store pickup.

Stanley® Stanley 10 Piece Screwdriver Set looks attractive

Mawashi said:   Same happened to me, store manager called their web order team and gave them my name so that they could locate my order. Bring at least your order # cause some is wrong with the way their stores are receiving these orders, i only had one item on the store's receipt when i ordered 6 items. 15 minutes later i walked out with everything i came for. SuperET said:   the store left me a VM saying my order was ready for pickup i ordered 4 items i go there and they hand me 2 items i asked where is the rest of the order they don't have a clue about my total order and that i have to come back for the rest of it. the csr says that if the have it in the store they can't even give it to me because they have no way of telling if i paid for it.

same thing happened to me. i had to buy the other 3 items today. seems very inefficient that i have to call and get a refund on the web order portion once those arrive to the store, especially since they had all those items in stock at the store today. didn't matter that i had the order number, the store would not fulfill the web order. web csr said, can't do nothing for you man. <flavor flav!

and yes, i could have just walked in bought all these today as they had tons of them, this was at the jack london square location.

With the chisel set I keep getting:

We're sorry, due to shipping restrictions on this item, delivery is only available to your local Ace. If you wish to ship your order to an Ace store please choose the ship to store option, select your local Ace, and we will ship your order to your store for FREE.

When I chose ship to my local store kicks me back to cart in an unending loop.

Like others, I had same experience. Ordered 3 items for ship to store. Got call very early in the week that order was available for pick up. Arrived at store today, and their print out only had 1 item listed for order. I had my email order confirmation and manager was able to confirm that the other 2 items were on my order, so he picked them from store inventory. Manager hand wrote the other 2 items onto his copy of my order print out for me to sign. I overheard them saying they were having issues with orders with the Stanley items.

Same story here. Ordered last sunday, got notified thursday items were ready. Went on friday to pick it up, they only knew about 2 items and were insisting that I must have placed another order since their printout only had 2 items on it. Then they bring over another receipt saying here it is, but that one had 5 items (both receipts had the chisel set). They told me I'd have to call up Ace and get a refund for one of the chisels and then he walks away (I guess waiting for me to call). I look closely at the receipt and I see that its not my name on it, so I call him back over and tell him. Then he says that he'll look up my order online (wow there's an idea!). He comes back and is like, wow, you really did order 6 items! He then tells someone to get the other items off the shelf and just give it to me. He told me next time I should just call up the store and ask if the items are in stock and just skip the online order.

so glad this deal hadn't expired yet. When I first read it, I was tempted but thought we didn't need the tools. Today installing new door I figured out all our chisels are missing or extremely dull. And if I'm going to buy one of the items might just as well get them all. Thanks

wwinters said:   so glad this deal hadn't expired yet. When I first read it, I was tempted but thought we didn't need the tools. Today installing new door I figured out all our chisels are missing or extremely dull. And if I'm going to buy one of the items might just as well get them all. Thanks

These are good chisels too.. .I thought they would be light-weight junk or toy(ish) but I was wrong.

Forgot to post but Thanks OP !!

In for chisels, measure tape and the level.

Easy rebate too!

Error

I received a call earlier last week saying the chisel set arrived. That's fine, except I ordered five more items lol. I called in today and the lady said the only thing on that arrived from my order was the chisel set. She only asked for my name and not the order number. She said the other items weren't in and when I asked about the items being available in the store/on the shelves, she said no. She said that I have to wait until Thursday, when the delivery truck comes, to see if the rest of the items were delivered. So why did they call me about the chisel set if the order wasn't completely fulfilled? Ugh...

I dont think anyone who orders online for store pickup or ship to home will get the rebate. The last line of the conditions says
"Offer good only in U.S. for purchases made at participating stores between 11/20/12 and 12/31/12. Not valid with any other offer.
participating stores between 11/20/12 and 12/31/12. Not valid with any other offer. Offer good while supplies
last. Offer only good at participating stores. Offer not available through mail order.

It clearly says on their website
" Save on this Red Hot Buy during December, plus additional rebate savings and free shipping to your local Ace! (details)"
seems odd that they'd advertise and link to the rebate with mail to store option if they weren't going to allow it. Plus is online purchase considered mail order?

dbessire said:   I dont think anyone who orders online for store pickup or ship to home will get the rebate. The last line of the conditions says
"Offer good only in U.S. for purchases made at participating stores between 11/20/12 and 12/31/12. Not valid with any other offer.
participating stores between 11/20/12 and 12/31/12. Not valid with any other offer. Offer good while supplies
last. Offer only good at participating stores. Offer not available through mail order.

Mail order means delivered to your house. An in-store pickup is what it is, regardless of how it got there. I still had to physically enter the store to get the items. And the reason people use the ship to store was made clear... Not all stores had all of the items on hand.

dbessire said:   I dont think anyone who orders online for store pickup or ship to home will get the rebate. The last line of the conditions says

That language is for the paper mail-in rebate form. If you buy online and do ship-to-store you are supposed to use the online rebate submission, not the paper mail-in form.

IamN41 said:   dbessire said:   I dont think anyone who orders online for store pickup or ship to home will get the rebate. The last line of the conditions says

That language is for the paper mail-in rebate form. If you buy online and do ship-to-store you are supposed to use the online rebate submission, not the paper mail-in form.

I believe you have to be a rewards member to file online regardless of online or in store purchase. If your not a rewards member you will have to do the mail in rebate.

Had zero problems ordering online and picking up at the Ace Hardware in Belvidere IL.
Ordered online last week, went in today and they had all 6 items in a box with a computer printout of my order.
Hope the rest of you have the same happy results.

Thanks OP!!!

I ordered online (ship to store) and submitted for an expedited rebate, at the cost of 10% or so. Just to burst your bubble, I'll post back as soon as I receive my rebate.

I guess the nonsense is starting up for this rebate. This was an online submission, no sku or bar code would have been sent in.

UPDATE - They fixed it with a chat

Submission Type: PAPERLESS
Date Received: 11-30-2012
Status Detail: Invalid.
Please click here for an explanation of any invalid reasons listed below.
Invalid Reason: * Ace SKU not found * Ace SKU not found * Ace SKU not found * Ace SKU not found * Ace SKU not found * Ace SKU not found

Products Purchased Rebate
Status Rebate
Earned
Stanley 10 pc. Screwdriver Set
Ace SKU not found

Stanley 1 in. x 25 ft. Leverlock Tape
Ace SKU not found

Stanley Retractable Utility Knife
Ace SKU not found

Stanley 3 pc. Chisel Set
Ace SKU not found

Stanley 24 in. Aluminum Level
Ace SKU not found

Stanley Utility Knife Blades 50 pk
Ace SKU not found

Total Ace Hardware Rebates for xxxxxxxxxx $0.00

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!! - Just did online chat and was fixed. They said the SKU or item numbers weren't showing for some reason. They updated it and said the postcard will be sent. All showing valid now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.