Stanley Tools $1.99 After Rebate

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only

After the Chat
Disclaimer
Invalid here too. I purchased online and submitted online.
Was the store supposed to scan my Rewards card when I picked up my order?

6:05:02 PM : Connected to parago.ehosts.net
6:05:02 PM : Session ID: ******
6:07:53 PM : System: Gisselle has joined this session!
6:07:53 PM : System: Connected with Gisselle. Your Reference Number for this chat is ******.
6:08:08 PM : Gisselle: Thank you for using Ace Hardware's Chat. I will be glad to assist you.
6:08:27 PM : Me: Hello
6:09:59 PM : Gisselle: Hello, Mr. ******
6:10:15 PM : Gisselle: I will be happy to see what I can do for you, one moment please
6:10:47 PM : Me: Thank you Gisselle
6:12:13 PM : Gisselle: You're welcome. Do you have your receipt handy?
6:12:44 PM : Me: yes
6:13:18 PM : Gisselle: May I please have the SKU number
6:13:41 PM : Me: Item: 2170918
Description: KNIFE BLADES PK50 STANLY
6:13:56 PM : Me: Item: 2015626
Description: SCREWDRIVR SET 10PC STAN
6:14:08 PM : Me: Item: 2107738
Description: CHISEL SET 3PC WOOD
6:14:20 PM : Me: Item: 2116564
Description: RULE TAPE 1X25FTLEVERLOCK
6:14:31 PM : Me: Item: 2107472
Description: KNIFE UTIL RETRACT QUICK
6:14:40 PM : Me: Item: 20464
Description: LEVEL 24IN ALUM STANLEY, 24in
6:16:08 PM : Gisselle: Thank you. How much are you expecting to receive back?
6:16:14 PM : Me: $30
6:17:08 PM : Gisselle: One moment please
6:17:20 PM : Me: Thank you
6:19:48 PM : Gisselle: ,thank you for your patience. This invalid reason occurs when the Ace Rewards card is not scanned or it is scanned improperly at the time of the purchase. I have verified your information and your rebate is now valid
6:20:08 PM : Gisselle: You will be receiving your $30 check in the form of a postcard within the next 15 days
6:20:25 PM : Me: I appreciate your help, Thank you!

begunn said:   Invalid here too. I purchased online and submitted online.
Was the store supposed to scan my Rewards card when I picked up my order?

6:05:02 PM : Connected to parago.ehosts.net
6:05:02 PM : Session ID: ******
6:07:53 PM : System: Gisselle has joined this session!
6:07:53 PM : System: Connected with Gisselle. Your Reference Number for this chat is ******.
6:08:08 PM : Gisselle: Thank you for using Ace Hardware's Chat. I will be glad to assist you.
6:08:27 PM : Me: Hello
6:09:59 PM : Gisselle: Hello, Mr. ******
6:10:15 PM : Gisselle: I will be happy to see what I can do for you, one moment please
6:10:47 PM : Me: Thank you Gisselle
6:12:13 PM : Gisselle: You're welcome. Do you have your receipt handy?
6:12:44 PM : Me: yes
6:13:18 PM : Gisselle: May I please have the SKU number
6:13:41 PM : Me: Item: 2170918
Description: KNIFE BLADES PK50 STANLY
6:13:56 PM : Me: Item: 2015626
Description: SCREWDRIVR SET 10PC STAN
6:14:08 PM : Me: Item: 2107738
Description: CHISEL SET 3PC WOOD
6:14:20 PM : Me: Item: 2116564
Description: RULE TAPE 1X25FTLEVERLOCK
6:14:31 PM : Me: Item: 2107472
Description: KNIFE UTIL RETRACT QUICK
6:14:40 PM : Me: Item: 20464
Description: LEVEL 24IN ALUM STANLEY, 24in
6:16:08 PM : Gisselle: Thank you. How much are you expecting to receive back?
6:16:14 PM : Me: $30
6:17:08 PM : Gisselle: One moment please
6:17:20 PM : Me: Thank you
6:19:48 PM : Gisselle: ,thank you for your patience. This invalid reason occurs when the Ace Rewards card is not scanned or it is scanned improperly at the time of the purchase. I have verified your information and your rebate is now valid
6:20:08 PM : Gisselle: You will be receiving your $30 check in the form of a postcard within the next 15 days
6:20:25 PM : Me: I appreciate your help, Thank you!

The guy I chatted originally said something about that and I said that my card number was showing when I entered the rebate. Then he wanted the sku numbers (which is still odd). As long as they are now valid.. thats fine. Probably looking for the type of person to not speak up on it.

Mine shows the same thing. I went through the online rebate process again and all sku's and the ace rewards number all show on
the online submission form. I did not resubmit it, but wanted to see exactly what information they received so I can question
any false reasons they give for denying it in the first place. Calling in the A.M.

Awesome!

Several years ago, I was actually inside the Ace call center (working in a previous life). I was impressed with how they handled both calls and online (chat, email) interactions. In my book they are the gold standard for rebate processing.

My rebate status shows invalid as well. Sent them an email with all pertaining information. Will probably chat tomorrow morning as well.

sjelg said:   Several years ago, I was actually inside the Ace call center (working in a previous life). I was impressed with how they handled both calls and online (chat, email) interactions. In my book they are the gold standard for rebate processing.

They still seem to be on the ball. Chat was short and invalid status was easily corrected.

11:38:58 AM : Connected to parago.ehosts.net

11:38:58 AM : Session ID: 85188

11:39:03 AM : System: BrendaG has joined this session!

11:39:03 AM : System: Connected with BrendaG. Your Reference Number for this chat is 85188.

11:39:33 AM : BrendaG: Thank you for using Ace Hardware's chat. Please stand by while I access your information.

11:40:28 AM : BrendaG: may you verify your ace rewards # David.

11:40:51 AM : David: 1910.......

11:41:53 AM : BrendaG: Are you missing a number.

11:42:19 AM : David: Oh yes I am. Here you go

11:42:34 AM : David: 1910.......

11:42:43 AM : BrendaG: thank you

11:43:13 AM : BrendaG: David I updated your rebate and it is now valid.

11:43:32 AM : David: Thank you Brenda, Have a nice day

11:43:43 AM : BrendaG: Your $25 check will be mailed within 15 days in a form of a postcard.

11:43:43 AM : BrendaG: Thank you for using Ace Hardware's chat. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please visit us again. We are always happy to help.

Picked up my order last night. Looks like the same six items are on sale for the same price in-store... at least, the weekly ad at my local store reflects this.

They had all but one of the items collected so they had to send a guy running to collect the other five items. So disorganized. As I mentioned, my rebate showed invalid but I just chatted with a CSR a few minutes ago and she fixed it - all that was needed was my Ace Rewards #. So the $30 should be coming back soon.

This will make for a great set of gifts for my father-in-law. He really needs to build up a decent tool selection at home - every time we visit, it's really difficult to find any tools!

dafish said:   sjelg said:   Several years ago, I was actually inside the Ace call center (working in a previous life). I was impressed with how they handled both calls and online (chat, email) interactions. In my book they are the gold standard for rebate processing.

They still seem to be on the ball. Chat was short and invalid status was easily corrected.

11:38:58 AM : Connected to parago.ehosts.net

11:38:58 AM : Session ID: 85188

11:39:03 AM : System: BrendaG has joined this session!

11:39:03 AM : System: Connected with BrendaG. Your Reference Number for this chat is 85188.

11:39:33 AM : BrendaG: Thank you for using Ace Hardware's chat. Please stand by while I access your information.

11:40:28 AM : BrendaG: may you verify your ace rewards # David.

11:40:51 AM : David: 1910.......

11:41:53 AM : BrendaG: Are you missing a number.

11:42:19 AM : David: Oh yes I am. Here you go

11:42:34 AM : David: 1910.......

11:42:43 AM : BrendaG: thank you

11:43:13 AM : BrendaG: David I updated your rebate and it is now valid.

11:43:32 AM : David: Thank you Brenda, Have a nice day

11:43:43 AM : BrendaG: Your $25 check will be mailed within 15 days in a form of a postcard.

11:43:43 AM : BrendaG: Thank you for using Ace Hardware's chat. If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please visit us again. We are always happy to help.

LOL, I chatted with the same CSR. It was quick.

Strange, during my chat session the CSR didn't ask for my Rewards number, just the sku numbers.

hi- Can anyone who purchased online and used ship-to-store (and did not use the card and hence mailed the rebate) please confirm that their reward was valid.
The paper form "Offer only good at participating stores. Offer not available through mail order" - and does not mention online purchase...

hi- Can anyone who purchased online and used ship-to-store (and did not use the card and hence mailed the rebate) please confirm that their reward was valid.
The paper form "Offer only good at participating stores. Offer not available through mail order" - and does not mention online purchase...

gplkrr said:   hi- Can anyone who purchased online and used ship-to-store (and did not use the card and hence mailed the rebate) please confirm that their reward was valid.

Hope this answers your question, Wwinters posted this on page 2:
It clearly says on their website" Save on this Red Hot Buy during December, plus additional rebate savings and free shipping to your local Ace! (details)"seems odd that they'd advertise and link to the rebate with mail to store option if they weren't going to allow it. Plus is online purchase considered mail order?

gplkrr said:   hi- Can anyone who purchased online and used ship-to-store (and did not use the card and hence mailed the rebate) please confirm that their reward was valid.

confirmed.

begunn said:   Strange, during my chat session the CSR didn't ask for my Rewards number, just the sku numbers.
I had to chat also due to "invalid" rebate. I didn't have to do give any info though, they didn't ask for rewards number or sku, in fact I didn't say anything after the initial comment and they responded with that it was fixed and should receive the check within 15 days. I know this is not Staples but I do have to say "that was easy." Although I shouldn't this issue with the rebate at all, they must have some glitch in their system cuz it sounds like everybody's rebate is invalid.

Went through the same thing and one quick call fixed it all, thanks for the reminder!

Sale prices back down again. Prices in the OP are valid again.

begunn said:   Strange, during my chat session the CSR didn't ask for my Rewards number, just the sku numbers.

How did you guys access chat? I don't see any option to get to chat. I had the same problem with my rebate and called the 800 number and they transferred me to someone who helped but she said it would be probably 72-hours before the rebate would show as valid online....

Nevermind...found it here:

http://acerebates.com/promocenter/ace/customer_service.html "Chat Now" button underneath that....

Got the invalid postcard too. When I chatted, Shaniqua wanted me to fax or mail in my packing list. I closed chat and opened another with Kevin. He validated my rebate with just my rewards number.

I had to chat, too, but rebates now show as valid.

savylisa said:   Got the invalid postcard too. When I chatted, Shaniqua wanted me to fax or mail in my packing list. I closed chat and opened another with Kevin. He validated my rebate with just my rewards number.

Darn it, I got Shaniqua too... also wanted me to fax or mail... I tried again, got Andrea... same crap. We should flood the corporate with e-mails about all the hoops we have to jump for their mistake.

Tried fax, but their fax didn't work, so I chatted again and now it is resolved over the chat.

Same thing. Ordered 4 items online for store pickup. Submitted rebate online and got invalid status a few weeks later.

I chatted with Andrea just now, and she asked for the SKU's of the items. After a few min, she replied: "I validated the rebate with this information and the $20.00 postcard check will be mailed in 15 days."

Yea!

Rebate received today

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014