• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Polk Audio - 10" Dual-Voice-Coil 8-Ohm Subwoofer @ Best Buy - $29.99
Compare at $59.99
Free Shipping!
Expires On: Nov 30, 2012 6:59pm


(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)


Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Polk Audio - 10" Dual-Voice-Coil 8-Ohm Subwoofer
Thanks zimphella
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What would I do with this? My days of building speaker boxes to cram into the back seat of my car are looooong gone.

Green because Polk is good equipment and this price seems to be very good.

Sonofspam said:   What would I do with this? My days of building speaker boxes to cram into the back seat of my car are looooong gone.

Green because Polk is good equipment and this price seems to be very good.


Good music is ageless. just get the good equipment. and a bigger car

I have a pair of floor-standing JBL L80T (yes, from the late 80s both of which have their sub-woofer cones separated from the foam+circular-holder-ring (I'm sure I'm showing my ignorance with these sub-par descriptions). Can I purchase these Polk 10 inchers and use them to replace my JBL L80T sub-woofers? Thanks to everyone who replies, in advance.

katnrica said:   I have a pair of floor-standing JBL L80T (yes, from the late 80s both of which have their sub-woofer cones separated from the foam+circular-holder-ring (I'm sure I'm showing my ignorance with these sub-par descriptions). Can I purchase these Polk 10 inchers and use them to replace my JBL L80T sub-woofers? Thanks to everyone who replies, in advance.
I think size and impedance matching will be the top need and then you go into more details of Crossover and real best fit. If you go just with price then match impedance and size and go for it.

Like davnil said
Impedance is likely a mismatch 4ohm v 8ohm
You'd be better off going to Parts Express dot com and getting something-likely for less

damn it, this would go great in the z5500 subwoofer box!

You cold pick up, oh, say 8 or 12 of these and make an infinite baffle subwoofer.

Thank you Davneil and WindWalker! I'll try to get the SWs refoamed at a local speaker repair shop.

katnrica said:   Thank you Davneil and WindWalker! I'll try to get the SWs refoamed at a local speaker repair shop.
or do them yourself. It's not that hard. head over to audiokarma dot org and look in the speakers forum for help and guidance

katnrica said:   I have a pair of floor-standing JBL L80T (yes, from the late 80s both of which have their sub-woofer cones separated from the foam+circular-holder-ring (I'm sure I'm showing my ignorance with these sub-par descriptions).
"Surrounds", I think.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014