• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
American Express $150 Statement Credit with Single Purchase of $599+ from Dell (Twitter Account Required)

https://sync.americanexpress.com/twitter/offerterms/F123270004

Receive a one-time $150 statement credit when you spend $599 or more at Dell.com by 12/31/2012. Tweet using #AmexDellOffer to add this offer to your synced American Express Card. This offers does not require a coupon at the point of sale - so once you’ve received a confirmation “@ reply” message from our Twitter handle @amexsync that the offer has been added, just shop with your synced Card to redeem!

thanks to andyk the op

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thanks jatan1986. My transaction date shows 01/08/13. Dell shipped my order on 01/08/13

jlt0201 (Jan. 14, 2013 @ 4:12p) |

See if they post the credit in the next day or two, if not then you'll have to contact them. Send them an online message... (more)

jatan1986 (Jan. 14, 2013 @ 4:47p) |

I have the same problem - placed the order on 12/31, but transaction did not go through until it was shipped on 1/10, an... (more)

dawndelion (Jan. 25, 2013 @ 3:11p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

this is sweet! Im assuming the purchase just has to be 599$ and not 599$ charged to the card. aka you can use a gift card(s)....

Single purchase... Does that mean it has to be a single item worth more than $599? OP wrote "Single Purchase of $599+" from Dell, but the T&C states "you must use your synced Card to make a purchase of $599 or more online at the listed merchant by 12/31/2012." I'm guessing you can add stuff to cart up to $599+. Not sure about the gift card though.

does this work with gift card?

Most likely, all AMEX sees is the transaction in their system, and that transaction has to hit $599.

So you can buy 2 $300 Laptops on the same transaction to qualify?

since its based off the AMEX hitting over $599 i can make my purchase $594 pretax right? as long as the AMEX charge is over $599 it seems like it will trigger.

You don't need Twitter. Just go to your American Express homepage, click on My Offers, and hopefully you will see the offer there. I see it on several different AMEX cards, but this may be YMMV.

Neidman said:   You don't need Twitter. Just go to your American Express homepage, click on My Offers, and hopefully you will see the offer there. I see it on several different AMEX cards, but this may be YMMV.
Thanks - found it this way. Also found other offers including $10 off a $10 or more order from HSN.com.

Taken from American Express Terms-

"Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if: (i) the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it; (ii) it is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party; or (iii) it is not made directly with the merchant."

I am an idiot....where is the My offers at? I can not find it

grumpydamnit said:   I am an idiot....where is the My offers at? I can not find it

Log in to your AMEX account, there is a tab next to your "Last Transaction" tab that's "My Offers".

now the question is: what to buy to make it the sweetest deal?!

If you don't see the tab....click on "Statements & Activity" and look toward the right bottom of the screen for offers.

Click the right and left arrows to scroll through offers.

i see it on my ios app

We're thinking about buying multiple GCs to purchase a larger item.

ETA: Nix this -- Can only purchase $500 in GC in one transaction.

brooke789 said:   We're thinking about buying multiple GCs to purchase a larger item.

ETA: Anyone else thinking about this read their T&C for giftcard usage at Dell. Only 3 can be redeemed on one transaction. they will consolidate GCs for you, but they also reserve the right not to. Seems too risky to try to me.

I think you have to buy physical gift cards since their eGift cards go through cashstar and probably will not be coded correctly to trigger the AMEX statement credit.

brooke789 said:   We're thinking about buying multiple GCs to purchase a larger item.

Where do you see that? I got all the way to the payment page with a $500 and a $100 gift card in my cart.

Anyway, if you really want to buy a larger item than use their "split payment" option and choose to charge $600 to each AMEX.

This makes the Mitsubishi C Series 73" 120Hz DLP $800 deal a little more interesting.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1238752/

Thanks for the reminder.

Neidman said:   You don't need Twitter. Just go to your American Express homepage, click on My Offers, and hopefully you will see the offer there. I see it on several different AMEX cards, but this may be YMMV.

peste386 said:   brooke789 said:   We're thinking about buying multiple GCs to purchase a larger item.

Where do you see that? I got all the way to the payment page with a $500 and a $100 gift card in my cart.

Anyway, if you really want to buy a larger item than use their "split payment" option and choose to charge $600 to each AMEX.

I talked to a Dell CSR about combining gift cards and was told it was a limit of $500 per transaction on the initial purchase. I haven't tried so maybe they were wrong.

I am New twitter.

Did I do it correctly?

1. Logged in to twitter, and synced the card
2. Click compose and put #AmexDellOffer in the "what is happening' box and click tweet

Where are you supposed to get the reply confirmation? Your email or twitter account?

You can buy gift cards, I just did...and there's a 10% off codes that applies to the $500 GC, so you get $700 in GC for $650 - $150 = $500. Not bad at all!

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1239985/

EDIT: The two no longer stack Updated math/total

It's definitely YMMV, I see the offer on one of my AMEX cards but don't see it on the one that's linked to Twitter.

Thanks OP & kdn102. Got $650 worth of cards for net $450.
AMEX confirmed that I used the offer and the $600 charge instantaneously on my iphone thru' a message.

thanks op

Placed an Order for 650GC for 600 and got confirmation from Dell and AMEX too..
Now Wait for good deal at Dell..
Choose Free One Day Shipping, and it estimated Delievery Date of 12/6
Thanks and Green!

msakthivel said:   Placed an Order for 650GC for 600 and got confirmation from Dell and AMEX too..
Now Wait for good deal at Dell..
Choose Free One Day Shipping, and it estimated Delievery Date of 12/6
Thanks and Green!

Just did the same thing, Great deal!!

how do you get 650 for 600

Does anyone know how long this offer is available?

Also, I am currently not an AMEX cardholder, but I am considering opening an account for this deal. How long does approval and card receipt typically take?

Got it used coupon to get 650 for 600

jlegend369 said:   Does anyone know how long this offer is available?

Also, I am currently not an AMEX cardholder, but I am considering opening an account for this deal. How long does approval and card receipt typically take?

Most likely way too long for this deal. I expect this deal to be dead by the end of the day, and almost certainly will reach enrollment capacity before you could receive a new card.

thanks OP, i'm in for this!

Click the "@ Connect" on the top of your Twitter page. You should see a response from @AmexSync that confirms that you've enrolled in the offer.

f2000sa said:   I am New twitter.

Did I do it correctly?

1. Logged in to twitter, and synced the card
2. Click compose and put #AmexDellOffer in the "what is happening' box and click tweet

Where are you supposed to get the reply confirmation? Your email or twitter account?

jomarrod said:   now the question is: what to buy to make it the sweetest deal?!

good question. Who buys Dell crap these days? Everything is pretty much low quality junk. My Latitude E6320 died after 3 months with very light use. Their customer service is worse and one would rather put fork in eye than dealing with awful customer service.

chaddi said:   jomarrod said:   now the question is: what to buy to make it the sweetest deal?!

good question. Who buys Dell crap these days? Everything is pretty much low quality junk. My Latitude E6320 died after 3 months with very light use. Their customer service is worse and one would rather put fork in eye than dealing with awful customer service.

Sorry for your bad experience, but it's not universal. I've had excellent experience with their customer service. Even with a refurbished Dell, they will ship out any replacement parts immediately, pretty much no questions asked, if you are still under warranty (or, you can send the unit back to them for repair if you prefer). I've been very pleased with my experience with them...

Your comment is moot, anyway, with respect to this deal since you can purchase many other items (cameras, TVs, printers, software, etc.) on their website that are not Dell-branded.

jotx03 said:   Got it used coupon to get 650 for 600 what coupon?

chaddi said:   jomarrod said:   now the question is: what to buy to make it the sweetest deal?!

Since I was debating the new XPS Duo convertable versus the Samsung ATIV tablet this may be enough to make that decision if I can find a decent deal on the Duo...

They DO have some higher grade gear.

My AMEX Platinum had the offer, my Blue Cash did not.

Thanks got in and bought GCs

Skipping 20 Messages...
jlt0201 said:   Thanks jatan1986. My transaction date shows 01/08/13. Dell shipped my order on 01/08/13

I have the same problem - placed the order on 12/31, but transaction did not go through until it was shipped on 1/10, and no credit yet. I was going to wait the 8 weeks then contact them, but I guess there's no harm is trying now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.