• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Waste King L-8000 Legend Series 1.0-Horsepower Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal

Add to cart, price will show up on final checkout page..

http://www.amazon.com/Waste-King-L-8000-1-0-Horsepower-Continuou...

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Called (used the "they call me" option) and explain that I had just purchased them, and was going to return them both an... (more)

ElephantNest (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 6:45p) |

hmmm. I'm confused... looks like the price did go up? when I completed my checkout it was $87 + tax.... did the deal jus... (more)

ipc4 (Nov. 30, 2012 @ 7:32p) |

Yes, the deal seems to be over, but $87 is still a great price! I paid $113 each originally and was very pleased, even a... (more)

ElephantNest (Dec. 01, 2012 @ 5:48a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Good deal but I need one half that size....hope to find one soon.

Wow, just bought TWO of these in the last few weeks. Wonder if I could get a price match?

*EDIT*

Yes! They just credited me $72, the $36 price difference x 2.

THANKS OP!!

zettler said:   Good deal but I need one half that size....hope to find one soon.

Unless it simply won't fit, I'd go for this one. Can't have too much power, and it's quiet too.

I've researched these at places like HD & Lowes, and at this price, the only thing that compares is their 1/4 HP. This thing is a full ONE HP, with SS rust-free parts with a lifetime in-home service warranty. A steal at this price.

This is longer than the 1/4 HP Homedepot ones, right?

I just completed a kitchen remodel and researched these for a while. I went with the least expensive 1/3 HP unit (see amazon). The installation, power, loudness are/were all great. I am pleased.

I don't have a 10 person family where corn husks and watermelon will be stuffed down the machine. But so far it handled a Thanksgiving and daily use just fine. Not sure you need the extra power in certain circumstances.

2cheap2eat said:   This is longer than the 1/4 HP Homedepot ones, right?

Probably, but likely not much more than 2" or so. Each one should have the dimensions so you can compare it to this one. (14.2")

I installed one of these in my kitchen about 9 months ago and it has been great.

thx

I ordered one of these yesterday, for about $90. I just cancelled that order and re-ordered it at the lower price. Thanks OP!

I grabbed one of these last time it was on sale at Amazon...replaced an older waste king. Installation was a piece of cake, and the unit is much quieter and seemingly vaporizes whatever we put in it Outstanding unit!

Price has now dropped to $77.43! Awesome deal!

In for one!

Thanks, OP!

Got one for the new house we are building. The appliance guys wanted $200+ to upgrade from the 1/2hp to the 1hp. I had planned to buy one from Amazon at the ~$100 price, but this is even better!

I keep missing this deal, now its $97

breaux124 said:   I keep missing this deal, now its $97
You need to ADD the item to the cart and the price will drop to $77

ElephantNest said:   Wow, just bought TWO of these in the last few weeks. Wonder if I could get a price match?

*EDIT*

THANKS OP!!

How do you do that? Thanks.

n41. Thanks OP! I am sooo broke now. I want a "broke member" status now.

I added it to my cart. When I go to view cart...it's $96.

Nevermind...discount applied at checkout. SWEET !

I did Amazon Chat to request price match. My original order has shipped, but I have not received it yet. The chat rep wanted to tell me the price was $96.xx, not $77.xx I corrected him. He then told me that to get the $77 price, I needed to add one of the additional accessories (the stopper). I tried to correct him, but he wouldn't budge. I hope Vrushank is a temporary employee for the holidays. He gave horrible service.

Called on the phone after ending chat. The nice lady took about 90 seconds to send me an Amazon giftcard for the price difference. I'm a happy Amazon customer again.

Just ordered one. Hope I will be able to install it to my kitchen sink. I am Not much of a handy man kind of guy.

Bought this same unit 2 years ago and its a beast!! The entire counter top vibrates when you run this!

In for one and no rush shipping. I'm up to $9 for movies, music and TV. No rush to get this as we already have a cheapy one that works ok.

Beefer1 said:   I added it to my cart. When I go to view cart...it's $96.

Nevermind...discount applied at checkout. SWEET !

Same thing, I added it to the cart, and it still showed $96. It wasn't until the final checkout page that it shows a discount, but now it's back up in price.
Crap missed out again.

It's back to $88.

If I don't have anything there currently, does this kit provide everything needed for an install?

Back to $110

It's amazing (not really) how many people don't READ.

Yes, the landing page says $110 now, but, if you read the instructions and go all the way to checkout, you'll see the final price as $87.97!

breaux124 said:   If I don't have anything there currently, does this kit provide everything needed for an install?

Everything except for plumber's putty. If you don't need to cut any pipe the only tools you will need are a flat head screwdriver, a pipe wrench (somewhat optional, depends on how tight your fittings are) & a hammer. The existing disposal may need more tools to remove, mine did not.

I'm not sure if anyone else had this problem, but the outlet of the disposal pushed down on the trap just enough for it to no longer be level. I'm not sure if the outlet tube is too big, lower or the sink mounting hardware lowered it. I didn't see it until the final leak test. So, what this did is put excess pressure on the connector between the trap and the final outlet, which is where the leak is. The leak is tiny, not even a drip per second. So now I have to pull it all out again and cut down the outlet pipe.

Tried to adjust price on the same item bought less than a week ago for $88.xx.

Got a long winded form letter reply from "Amit" at Amazon with a lot of apologies etc but it basically stated:
"Amazon doesn't offer a price match guarantee", exact wording, presumably that was their response to my inquiry of adjusting the price on an item bought that has dropped in price recently.

You probably will get a more favorably response if you call up and get a real person from the US customer service branch of Amazon.

ntddvltt said:   ElephantNest said:   Wow, just bought TWO of these in the last few weeks. Wonder if I could get a price match?

*EDIT*

THANKS OP!!

How do you do that? Thanks.

Called (used the "they call me" option) and explain that I had just purchased them, and was going to return them both and re-order if I had to for the sale price, but it seemed senseless to waste the money shipping....after about 15 minutes of working with me they refunded me the difference.

hmmm. I'm confused... looks like the price did go up? when I completed my checkout it was $87 + tax.... did the deal just end?

Yes, the deal seems to be over, but $87 is still a great price! I paid $113 each originally and was very pleased, even at that price. These are comparable to the $300 and $400 ones that HD and other box stores sell.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014