• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Have to have twitter and AMEX to make this work

https://sync.americanexpress.com/twitter/offerterms/F123270004

(i) you must have an American Express Card that is synced with Twitter (see sync.AmericanExpress.com/twitter for more details on how to sync your Card);
(ii) you must tweet using #AmexDellOffer; https://twitter.com/AmericanExpress/favorites
(iii) you must receive an “@ reply” message from @amexsync stating that this offer has been added to your synced Card; AND
(iv) you must use your synced Card to make a purchase of $599 or more online at the listed merchant by 12/31/2012.

pretty much once you have confirmation of the sync in your inbox do the tweet (#AmexDellOffer) and wait for response "thx for enrolling in #AmexDellOffer. Spend w/ synced Card & receive credit"

Once you have synced order put an order for PLASTIC/MAILED $500 and PLASTIC/MAILED $100 giftcard and PLASTIC/MAILED $50 for $650 worth and get free overnight shipping for $600 when you use the two coupon below

10% Coupon VJ7$295NPV28MN

old dead code
10% Coupon 2501D84$TJ5SMV (dead code now )

You should get the $150 credit soon from AMEX after the charge

You may be able to do this without twitter - per Tolkens post - I have not confirmed personally

Tolken said: You do NOT have to have Twitter to do this (or any other) sync offer. They are available for ANY QUALIFYING AMEX card from the AMEX home site. Login to AMEX, go to your account home page. Mid page, Immediately under your Outstanding Balance/Available Credit/View Billing statement will be two tabs. Latest Transactions ------ Your Offers (shop dine and save) Click on YOUR OFFERS Pick the Dell offer (or the best buy offer or ANY other offer you like) and Viola! Sync'd without Twitter! All offers your card is sync'd and ready for will be placed under "Selected offers" instead of Available offers.

This is a spin on this post http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1239896/ that lets you lock in the credit and use coupons for your giftcards.

Member Summary

dell
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I ordered on 11/30. All my cards have arrived: one yesterday Mon 12/10, and two today Tues 12/11. By UPS, each in a sepa... (more)

87pathfinder (Dec. 11, 2012 @ 12:22p) |

All my cards are in and I just used the link from the first page to combine them all onto 1 card and it worked well.. no... (more)

theedge103 (Dec. 20, 2012 @ 8:56a) |

Does anyone know of any codes that work on gift cards? I tried the ones in the OP but they no longer work on gift cards.... (more)

jd3695 (Dec. 21, 2012 @ 2:38p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

this might be a stupid question but can you use all the GCs on one purchase or are there restrictions?

That is actually pretty sweet... get a $699 Ultrabook for about $455..

you sure can. you may have to combine them online first but that only takes a minute.

Almondtofu said:   this might be a stupid question but can you use all the GCs on one purchase or are there restrictions?

You can consolidate your GCs at:

Text

Kev

I guess I know where I'll be buying my next lap/desk/hand top computer! I've been itching for an upgrade

EDIT: Or TV! I keep forgetting Dell sells TV's.

This is MEGA hot! To sweeten the deal, I can wait for a good laptop sale and combine with other coupons in the future!

Mulox said:   This is MEGA hot! To sweeten the deal, I can wait for a good laptop sale and combine with other coupons in the future!

I'm pretty sure we're all thinking the same thing

It's changed. It now does not stack. I get a total of $640 instead of $605.

Kev

Edit: Now only one coupon works.

Arrrggghh... I am still waiting for an @ reply message from AMEX... it's been over 12 minutes now

Any new 10% codes?

Mulox said:   Arrrggghh... I am still waiting for an @ reply message from AMEX... it's been over 12 minutes now

I know this doesn't help you out much...but mine came back in under a minute. Both my tweet and the response came through at 7:45am PDT

Mulox said:   Arrrggghh... I am still waiting for an @ reply message from AMEX... it's been over 12 minutes now

I got mine right away, you are looking under Me-Tweets right? Should get one back from "Sync Noticitaions"

What if you have gotten the AMEX/Twitter credit once before? Are you eligible to get it again?

Just read that it's a one time credit. Oh well...

dead, codes don't stack anymore but one 10% off will work

I got the "thanks, your AMEX card is now synced" email. Then I went to AMEX profile and tweeted "@AmericanExpress #AmexDellOffer"... and just for grins, I also went to my profile (Me --> Tweets) and tweeted "#AmexDellOffer"... I still don't see anything yet...

Well, I synced my Tweet account ... but I don't know which AMEX account it synced to. I have several AMEX accounts.

Anyone know how I can find out which one was synced???

This link should show you your recent TWITTER responses (It's just the "connect" tab at the top):
https://twitter.com/i/connect

You can also log in to your American Express account online to see if the offer is available. I linked mine through the site so it was easier to tell which one of my AMEX cards was synced to the offer.

Used my Fidelity American Express to buy a 500, 100, and 50 dollar card. I got the Twitter confirmation e-mail shortly (like less than a minute) after the Dell confirmation e-mail. Too bad I missed out on the stacked coupon but I'm not complaining.

You do NOT have to have Twitter to do this (or any other) sync offer. They are available for ANY QUALIFYING AMEX card from the AMEX home site.

Login to AMEX, go to your account home page.
Mid page, Immediately under your Outstanding Balance/Available Credit/View Billing statement will be two tabs.

Latest Transactions ------ Your Offers (shop dine and save)

Click on YOUR OFFERS
Pick the Dell offer (or the best buy offer or ANY other offer you like)

and Viola! Sync'd without Twitter!

All offers your card is sync'd and ready for will be placed under "Selected offers" instead of Available offers.

kdn102 said:   This link should show you your recent TWITTER responses (It's just the "connect" tab at the top):
https://twitter.com/i/connect

Thanks... but still nothing listed!

EDIT: nm I found it... had to click on 'mentions' to see the reply. BTW, I also logged into my AMEX account online and did not see the Dell offer under My Offers, maybe because I already did the twitter sync. Strangely, I already got my $20 statement credit for the Best Buy deal, but that offer is still showing up...

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but for the people buying the gift cards, is that thru Dell? Is this gift cards for only Dell items or can be used anywhere?

ymprncess said:   Sorry if this is a stupid question, but for the people buying the gift cards, is that thru Dell? Is this gift cards for only Dell items or can be used anywhere?

This can be used on anything on Dells site, not just thier branded stuff. Too bad they don't sell Visa or AMEX prepaids ha ha ha ha ha or we would be vultures on that.

Thanks! Too bad I missed out on the 2nd 10% code, but $450 for $650 worth of gc is still pretty darn hot. Now to wait for the 27" IPS goes on sale.

By the way, I used the $75 promotional GC from a couple months ago.

Kev

hmm I thought Fidelity card is normally not part of these AMEX deals?

AlphabetBackward said:   Used my Fidelity American Express to buy a 500, 100, and 50 dollar card. I got the Twitter confirmation e-mail shortly (like less than a minute) after the Dell confirmation e-mail. Too bad I missed out on the stacked coupon but I'm not complaining.

argentum said:   hmm I thought Fidelity card is normally not part of these AMEX deals?

AlphabetBackward said:   Used my Fidelity American Express to buy a 500, 100, and 50 dollar card. I got the Twitter confirmation e-mail shortly (like less than a minute) after the Dell confirmation e-mail. Too bad I missed out on the stacked coupon but I'm not complaining.

It is no problem, have done the Costco and got the credit allbeit with a Facebook account. Also got in on the small biz day plus I already have a confirmation of the sync purchase from Dell now. No worries. I like the extra 2% kickback too .

First use Twitter, I got message under ME--TWEETS:

Sync Notification ‏@AmexSync

@myname thx for enrolling in #AmexDellOffer. Spend w/ synced Card & receive credit. See terms: http://amex.co/TiJRTi

Does this mean I was confirmed and can use my card now?

Thanks

Here's a thought...can you resell these Dell gift cards to cardpool.com?

Saw they would give you $546 in cash or a $573 Amazon gift card for a $650 gift card from Dell.

The way I see it for cash is you spend 450 for a 650 gift card and get $546 in cash from Cardpool.com? So a net of $96 in the green for your trouble?

What am I missing?

rlshoemake87 said:   Here's a thought...can you resell these Dell gift cards to cardpool.com?

Saw they would give you $546 in cash or a $573 Amazon gift card for a $650 gift card from Dell.

The way I see it for cash is you spend 450 for a 650 gift card and get $546 in cash from Cardpool.com? So a net of $96 in the green for your trouble?

What am I missing?

It depends on what the value of the lost $104 or 16% is to you. Some people are in the market for a laptop so waiting a few weeks or months but then jumping on a hot Dell deal to be combined with this deal might be more worthwhile.

Shahhere

Thanks OP! So is there a hot Dell laptop deal that this can be combined with?

You can sell to cardpool for $504.

im very tempted. I just bought a computer for 400 plus tax. so this means the minimum I would now spend is at least 450 out of pocket but potentially get a nmuch better machine, decisions decisions

looks like its dead. I didn't get reply from AMEX after my tweet.

shopper711 said:   You can sell to cardpool for $504.

Is cardpool legitimate? I've never tried selling a GC like that before.

I've only bought, never sold. Seemed legit to me

how come no one mentions CashBack which sweetens thuings

Skipping 94 Messages...
Does anyone know of any codes that work on gift cards? I tried the ones in the OP but they no longer work on gift cards.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014