• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This feature-packed generator delivers 3,500 running watts and up to 4,000 peak watts. Plus, you get even more with the Weekender Package: heavy-duty wheels, a clamp-on handle kit and polyester-lined PVC storage cover.

Free Shipping w/Coupon 2WINTER

LINKY

Cabela's
See Cabela's promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Champion 3500 Watt Generator (5.83kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Alternatively you could save a few cents by getting a unique code for $20 off here:
http://www.cabelas.com/custserv/rebate.jsp?rebateCode=9RD955

And paying the $19.95 for shipping. (I don't believe the coupons stack).

Nice setup if you don't need 240v. I have the 240 model from TSC, amazing deal for the price. A lot of us have double the price of this sitting in a freezer.

I need a generator which can run my house without AC, can this cover that. Is it easy to hook this up to main supply or I will need permission from electrical company.

Will this be better, I don't remember what was the price?

apparently can't ship to California!

Can someone give me a brief education on these? How do you know how much you'll need to run what type of items. For example, could this power two refrigerators, some lights and a portable heater or better yet a heating system since I have a gas heating unit. I truly don't know much, if anything about generators.

Go here for size/power requirements:
http://www.trexgenerators.com/generator_size.php

OK, I took the plunge after looking at the wattage charts and reading the reviews to see what people were using them for. Should be enough for my needs.

I got this model over the summer and used for festival camps. It's a little louder than some, but it seemed really efficient and very easy to use. My only complaint was issues fitting it into my trunk, but it seems solid. This is a good price.

I purchased a similar model (electric start with remote control) just prior to Sandy hitting. We lost power for over a week and this was our way to power the basement sump pump, chest freezer, kitchen frige, and various lights in the house. We were the only house in the area without a flooded basement due to power loss for the sump pumps. For winter, I will be adding to my gas furnace an electric bypass to allow for the unit power that as well (hopefully never to be needed). I cannot comment on the long term durability of the unit overall, but I ran it for about 12 hours per day for about a week with no issues. It drank about 4 gallons of gas per 12 hours run time. There was another thread that talked in length about this unit and if you search, will find much useful information about this unit and portable generators.

Probably a silly question but if you convert to LP, when the gas runs out, it will shut down right? No way to fill it up during operation like you could probably do if you kept it as a Gas powered. Any ideas there?

This is a good price for 3500 W.
I'm looking for a higher capacity generator.
Anyone got any ideas and/or links to higher Wattage units?

Thanks.

forthill said:   This is a good price for 3500 W.
I'm looking for a higher capacity generator.
Anyone got any ideas and/or links to higher Wattage units?

Thanks.

I ordered the Champion 5500 Watt running and 6800 Watt peak generator from Amazon. My friend has one and he loves it. My order is being shipped this coming week.

amazon link

The price is usually $634 but fluctuate between $589 (seen once and I got the price match while waiting for it to ship) and $699.

Just an FYI for all. I called Cabela's to change the payment method on my order from Discover to AMEX to take advantage of a better CC promotion and after the change my order is now showing an $18 shipping charge. I am being told by Cabela's CSR Supervisor that this is a standard UPS charge for large freight and out of their control. I told her that was not the case as it wasn't on my order 10 minutes ago, the CSR made the CC change and now it's there.

She told me there is nothing I can do so I told her to just cancel the order and I would buy it somewhere else. After being put on hold again she came back and said she'd take the $18 off but it is an automatic charge from UPS for delivery of over-sized items to a residential address.

Check your orders and make sure you don't get any additional charges when it ships.

an
fyi to your FYI:

i ordered a generator from Home Depot on black friday and they were delivered via UPS, never paid any $18 charge for that. i know your talking Cabelas, but i wanted to mention how it worked for UPS with HomeDepot.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014