• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Target 12/2-8 GATEWAY 15.6" Intel Laptop 500gb/4gb ram/Windows 8 $259 (while they last, no rainchecks)Target offers 12/2 to 12/8

GATEWAY 15.6" Laptop

Model NE56r27u

$259 + tax

Member Summary

GATEWAY 15.6" Intel Laptop (17.35kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The link now shows not sold in stores for some reason. It was working earlier. Is there a target stock checker that ac... (more)

Frogleg311 (Dec. 07, 2012 @ 11:00p) |

Yeah, I noticed the same issue. A few days ago, it showed available in certain stores in NJ. Now it shows that unit is... (more)

baath123 (Dec. 09, 2012 @ 11:47a) |

Taking one back to White Marsh

wetwillys (Dec. 09, 2012 @ 2:43p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Processor Type: Intel Pentium B960

You beat me

Starts 12/2 at Target B&M and probably online but it will go quick (may already be backordered).

This should be HOT based on the Win 7 computer sold at Target for $249 in August. This one has a Pentium processor and a larger HD.

Link

•Maximum Resolution: 1366 x 768
•Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Aspect Ratio
•Display Features: Widescreen, High-Definition, Backlit Display, LCD Display
•Computer Features: SuperMulti DVD Optical Drive, Touchpad, Integrated Microphone, Standard Keyboard, Numeric Keypad
•Processor Brand: Intel
•Processor Speed: Up to 2.2 Ghz
•Processor Type: Intel Pentium B960
Cache Memory Installed Capacity: 2MB L3 Cache
•System Bus Speed: Up to 1066 Mhz
•System RAM: 4096 MB
•Memory RAM Type: DDR3
•Maximum RAM Supported: 8 GB
•Total RAM Slots Free: 1 Free/2 Total
•Data Storage Capacity: 500GB Hard Drive Capacity
•Hard Drive Speed: 5400 RPM
•Built-In Graphics Card Model: Intel HD Graphics
•Optical Drive Type: CD-RW/DVD+R
•Maximum Read Speeds: CD-ROM 24x, DVD-ROM 8x
•Maximum Write Speeds: CD-R 24x, DVD-R DL 6x, DVD+R 8x
•Maximum Rewrite Speeds: DVD+RW 8x, DVD±RW 8x, CD-RW 24x
•Wired Technology: 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN
•Wired Connectivity: USB 2.0
•Wireless Technology: Wi-Fi Enabled
•Wireless Standard: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
•Built-In Card Reader Type: Multi-in-1 Card Reader
•Input Type: VGA, SD Card Slot, Microphone, Headphone Jack, USB, RJ-45
•Output Type: VGA, Headphone Jack, HDMI
•Audio Features: High Definition Audio Support, Built-In Speakers
•Card Slots Supported: MultiMedia Card (MMC), SD Card
•Built-In Webcam Features: Built-In 1.3 Megapixel Webcam

I think the laptop will last a while in stock.

badboi said:   I think the laptop will last a while in stock.

I agree ..... Since it's Windows 8 OS

FirebirdGA said:   badboi said:   I think the laptop will last a while in stock.

I agree ..... Since it's Windows 8 OS


So it's not hot because it's Windows 8? OK. I guess there won't be very many that meet your approval.

People seemd to like the one I referenced and this one has better specs for $10 more.

Add in REDCard or CB promos and this is a good basic laptop for potentially $233 plus tax.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1209950/?start=0

it's $260...for the specs on this thing, that is a good deal.

The B960 (Passmark score of 1939) is a good CPU for this price range. The screen resolution is a bit low for a 15". Nonetheless, pretty good specs for the price.

Gateway is still around? The specs and price are decent but the brand scares me. Anyone have recent machines with them? How is the quality and warranty?

SunX said:   Gateway is still around? The specs and price are decent but the brand scares me. Anyone have recent machines with them? How is the quality and warranty?


Gateway is owned by Acer.

http://mx.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/model/NX.Y1UAA.017

I purchased the gateway $250 one and am pleased with it as I was surprised at the speed of the processor. I was after a cheap budget laptop and did think twice since it was a gateway but so far so good. Keyboard took a little while to get used to. Quality isn't too bad. Definitely a good buy.

So for anyone after a budget laptop, this is probably a great deal. Maybe get a square trade warranty with it if your so worried about gateway.

I've always thought you get a decent bang for your buck with gateway. If it lasts more than a few years I'd say it was a good deal. Don't expect the battery to last more than 12mo. but that can be expected on many different brands.

I have a Gateway laptop MX6030 from 2005 that I still use to this day as a 2nd-ary computer.

duh - delete

Judging after my two Gateway tablets that I acquired 5-6 years ago when I was in grad school (both had issues with the power cord, one's DVD player broke, the other one's screen went dark) I'd say Gateway is a good brand name, only second to, of course, the hypothetical brand "Entry Level".

I don't get why so many haters on Win 8. It's subsidizing your purchase, quite whining! Besides, it's not that bad.

g10ny said:   Judging after my two Gateway tablets that I acquired 5-6 years ago when I was in grad school (both had issues with the power cord, one's DVD player broke, the other one's screen went dark) I'd say Gateway is a good brand name, only second to, of course, the hypothetical brand "Entry Level".
Acer purchased Gateway in Fall '07 so not sure when your laptops were purchased but many say the "old" Gateway was superior to today's Acer Gateway. Maybe you did not have that experience.

Gateway is still a good brand IMO.

torn between this and another i3/5 on sale

I would go with the i3/5 if you are ok to spend a little more than this one. Which ones are you looking at.

tajar96 said:   I would go with the i3/5 if you are ok to spend a little more than this one. Which ones are you looking at.
there's never anything specific, but you just KNOW there's going to be another cheap one within the time this one becomes less useful...sadly, this processor's score is twice the one in the laptop I'm using now (originally $300)...sigh

I made the mistake of buying a netbook for $250 without checking out the screen or keyboard, I would have liked to go see if they had a floor model of this one

Is this the site you use for processor's score - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php. Totally agree on the fast pace of technology. My laptop is on it's last leg too. firefox takes forever to start up.

tajar96 said:   Is this the site you use for processor's score - http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php. Totally agree on the fast pace of technology. My laptop is on it's last leg too. firefox takes forever to start up.

bingo

It's not that it's really slow, but I'm usually multitasking and a better processor will help.

If FF is taking too long, use CCleaner to clean up the temp/etc.

Anyone know what time Target deals kick in EST?

That is definitely a really good deal.

I bought one of these at Target today with plans to price adjust tomorrow. I'm thinking of trying to buy online tonight to get the Discover CashBack. Then I'll just return today's purchase.

Buying online may not be such a good deal..

$10.00 shipping for me, plus they figured there tax higher than local store..

Free shipping with Red card, but if you use Red card you can not use
Discover for Cash Back..

also Dec 11-15 delivery date..

That`s the way it looks to me..

I hope these work better than the prior Target Gateway from a few months back. Mine was DOA straight outta box and I never could get a replacement b/c no stores got additional stock. I wish this was W7 as I need to buy a Christmas lappie for someone who's middle aged and refuses to learn new OS.

skinflinto said:   I hope these work better than the prior Target Gateway from a few months back. Mine was DOA straight outta box and I never could get a replacement b/c no stores got additional stock. I wish this was W7 as I need to buy a Christmas lappie for someone who's middle aged and refuses to learn new OS.
(I don't blame them...I would never use it with win8 either)

Can't seem to find this item online.
Anybody know the online item number? Or the DCPI number?

It shows up at the link for me.

Here is the info:
Online Item #: 14292999
Store Item Number (DPCI): 080-11-0022

jbmeister said:   It shows up at the link for me.

Here is the info:
Online Item #: 14292999
Store Item Number (DPCI): 080-11-0022

Thanx.

Still showing $399

there was no guarantee is was ever going to be the same price online

Weekly advert. is still showing last week. It is after midnight CST. Anybody know when Target sales usually go live?

Can anyone make a recommendation between this one and the $299 HP laptop from Staples

HP 2000-2B10NR 15.6" Laptop
Item: 990646. Model: C2N21UA#ABA

I need a laptop for my middle school daughter. Will mostly use word, power point and Internet,

Thanks!

You can play the game "Flow" on Windows 8

For casual home use, the new interface of Windows 8 is more fun.
For serious work, Windows 7 or the Desktop mode of Win8 is more suited.

wetwillys said:   Can anyone make a recommendation between this one and the $299 HP laptop from Staples

HP 2000-2B10NR 15.6" Laptop
Item: 990646. Model: C2N21UA#ABA

I need a laptop for my middle school saunter. Will mostly use word, power point and Internet,

Thanks!


this one is better

-bigger HD
-better c.ache
-faster processor

whodini said:   For casual home use, the new interface of Windows 8 is more fun.
For serious work, Windows 7 or the Desktop mode of Win8 is more suited.

if they wanted to do the whole metro garbage for tablets, that's fine...it works there

but forcing people to startup with it...not cool

wetwillys said:   Can anyone make a recommendation between this one and the $299 HP laptop from Staples

HP 2000-2B10NR 15.6" Laptop
Item: 990646. Model: C2N21UA#ABA

I need a laptop for my middle school daughter. Will mostly use word, power point and Internet,

Thanks!

................................

The Staples HP has a real weak cpu AMD E1-1200 1.4GHz, smaller 320 drive..

Skipping 45 Messages...
Taking one back to White Marsh



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014