• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
FYI -- TMO top up cards on sale here as well: 15% off $50 card: $42.49 net
Linky

green - this is a good deal.

got the $40 pin for $33.99 and the email with the pin came right away. Applied the pin to my Virgin account and no issues there.

The cheapest I ever got the $40 pin for was $38 at Target.

hope this company will stay around for a while.

BD

Going to load again when it becomes available.

Nice first post OP. Perfect timing in conjunction with the deal for the HTC One V.

govitam said:   Bought 2 of the following at eBay for $43 each. Received immediately.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Virgin-Mobile-60-dol-Refill-Super-fast-S...

Did they send you pins to use, or they uploaded it for you?

They deliver the codes/Pins via email within minutes of purchase

hakujin said:   excoriatorb said:   hakujin said:   last question to the mindful: once top up is added to a line, will the residual balance carry forward if one changes their VM number?

it's funny because VM CSRs are kind of inept (no fault of their own; no VM overseas where they reside) in this regard and I have a better chance of a clear answer here.
It depends. If you port out of the account, that account is considered closed and the balance won't carry forward. Changing the number on an account without porting does not affect the balance on the account, other than deducting the ($10?) fee VM charges for changing the number.
thanks man.

do top ups automatically pay forward balances when they are due?
They actually pay forward balances a month in advance. For instance, let's say your due date is tomorrow, your account is $35/month, your balance is zero and you do a $100 top up now. If your balance has been zero or less than $35 for more than a month, VM will take $35 now for next month's payment and $35 tomorrow at 11:59PM for the following month's payment.

TheGMan said:   cyberizer said:   How can you with 100% certainty say that it is spam?
Because they've been busted for spam here before. User's first post. Shill posts touting its greatness. Classic.

Tsk, tsk. Many decent and well intentioned companies begin with less than stellar launchings (ill trained/overburdened employees, vision differences, etc.)
Old hat.

On to the present. OP presented a deal that he felt was post-worthy and shared his positive experiences. Citing User's first post... Really? and how old are we now? Who cares what post it is if the deal is legit. Please step down from your high horse, you had a first post also.

My Experience: Ordered two code(s) for $60 Virgin Mobile Top Up Wireless Airtime on Cyber Monday, received the codes in minutes but didn't immediately run them. Attempted to run them both today and both codes failed. Contacted CrazyGameTime.com and they did what was required to make sure that my Virgin Mobile account was credited properly. I have had a good experience with them as they provided me swift resolution. I have no problem concerning future purchases or endorsing them.

govitam said:   Bought 2 of the following at eBay for $43 each. Received immediately.

Here is what not to do: I forgot to put my number in the paypal payment, so I messaged the guy separately. Still nothing on my account.

OOS of the $60! boo!

i bought mine from eBay

daloser said:   i bought mine from eBay me too they uploaded to my phone in couple of hours. left note with buy a great price $43/60

Big Green from me OP - thanks for helping me save on my phone bill!

Is there a way to stop service even though I have money in my account? I am planning to go out of the country for about a month.

unoplayer said:   Is there a way to stop service even though I have money in my account? I am planning to go out of the country for about a month.Military members can pause VMUSA accounts without payment for up to a year IIRC while deployed to other countries. AFAIK, there is no such option for civilians.

can you use these to buy something, if you dont have an account yet?
I think I want their hotspot and then some service for it.

ragedogg69 said:   govitam said:   Bought 2 of the following at eBay for $43 each. Received immediately.

Here is what not to do: I forgot to put my number in the paypal payment, so I messaged the guy separately. Still nothing on my account.

This morning I found next months bill paid and a credit of $15 sitting there. This seller is legit and will work with you if youre incompetent.

still selling these now they have a $40 dollar card for $33.99

Virgin Mobile is kinda of ghetto in the way they'll post top ups to *next* month's payment rather than waiting until bill is due, esp when you consider that if you go over the min on your monthly plan, they'll charge you .10 min. so they're not doing it to do you any favors. just fyi. loading my last 2 cards 'morrow, then maybe picking up some more 60s.

sfvera said:   govitam said:   Bought 2 of the following at eBay for $43 each. Received immediately.

Did they send you pins to use, or they uploaded it for you?

They uploaded it for me. I had sent my phone no. to the seller.

all 6 top ups added. will buy more 60s for 39.99 when i need 'em.

Trying the eBay thing. Not sure how confident I feel about it.

Ordered 2 $60s from eBay. They say the upload within 24 hours. We'll see. Now I need 2 $40s.

I've run into a few hiccups:
1) Having trouble adding more "top up" via paypal or cards after a balance of $340. I suspect there may be a balance limit on top up other than the $150/day "top up" limit.
2) No way on the VM interface to buy a phone with the balance. I believe this is due to a "partial balance" issue - the web says that an option will be presented if you have enough balance to cover the cost of the phone.
3) Calling VM? Straight to India on a bad connection. After that, spent 15 minutes on hold. I'll have to call back.

dcg9381 said:   I've run into a few hiccups:
1) Having trouble adding more "top up" via paypal or cards after a balance of $340. I suspect there may be a balance limit on top up other than the $150/day "top up" limit.
2) No way on the VM interface to buy a phone with the balance. I believe this is due to a "partial balance" issue - the web says that an option will be presented if you have enough balance to cover the cost of the phone.
3) Calling VM? Straight to India on a bad connection. After that, spent 15 minutes on hold. I'll have to call back.

1) There is a limit on daily top ups. I wanted the Evo V when it went on sale, and took a couple of days to move enough Top-Ups into the account to make the purchase.
2). Correct, the option shows up once your balance is larger than the phone price.
3) Avoid calling at all costs. I prefer paying $35/mo and limited support to $70+/mo anyway....
I wonder how long before Google becomes your primary support center for most items anyway... It is for 95% of items now.

>1) There is a limit on daily top ups. I wanted the Evo V when it went on sale, and took a couple of days to move enough Top-Ups into the account to make the purchase.

It may be a 24-hour based limit or similar rather than clearing day to day... Haven't figured it out yet.

>2). Correct, the option shows up once your balance is larger than the phone price.

Thanks for the confirmation!

>3) Avoid calling at all costs. I prefer paying $35/mo and limited support to $70+/mo anyway.... I wonder how long before Google becomes your primary support center for most items anyway... It is for 95% of items now.

I'm on call #2 now... Again, same process, into 20 minutes on hold now. This time at least I'm on a land line!

After 1.2 hours on the phone, here's the rub:
Apparently there is a maximum account balance of $400 that can be loaded at any one time.
In order to purchase a phone, you must have an account balance greater than the price of the phone.
The Iphone 4s is $449.00.

As such, you cannot purchase an Iphone4s with Top Up cards.... Looks like I'll be stuck with a high account balance for a while.

I escalated this through 3 different departments. No one seems to be able to bust the $400 cap. Lots of apologies for my situation...

Update: After about 1.5 hours on the phone, Virgin Mobile was able to make this right. They can do one of two things:
1) Have you bring your account balance up to $400 via TopUp cards / CC.
2) Issue an account credit (for the hassle) up to the price of the Iphone4s. The credit will allow the account to go over $400.
3) Drop the price of the Iphone to $400. This is what they did for me.
I think this is very YMMV - and I would not assume that you can get the same deal. You may be stuck with a large account balance.

Total cost of the Iphone 4s 16Gb: $400 * 75% = $300 - I consider that a deal.. + 1.5 hours of time.

Ordered 2 $60 top up cards from eBay this morning. So far no credit has appeared. They said credit will be given within 24 hours, but I'm getting nervous. Sent a message to the seller asking what is going on. If I don't get a response, I'll need to inform eBay and paypal that this may be fraudulent. eBay is the wild west. I don't like ordering from eBay for that reason.

Did you order the one that was classified ad that was 39.99? I did too on sat and it took till Tuesday to show up on phone.

Yea. Thanks for the message. I hope it works but that's too long too wait. Ad says 24 hours.

dealbuy said:    eBay is the wild west. I don't like ordering from eBay for that reason.

Eh. Paypal is very slanted in favor of a buyer, especially on a "virtual" good with no delivery confirmation.
IF you're even making a risky purchase, simply pay via credit card and then you can charge back if paypal fails to do it's job... There isn't a lot of risk to a buyer who acts appropriately.

Selling, on the other hand is risky...

Well, the $60 for $39.99 is in my account this morning. So it appears legit. It doesn't show up on my eBay purchases. I called to find out why and they said it was a "classified ad" rather than a "listing," although the guy was not really able to tell me the difference between the two. It took the full 24 hours to get credit.

dont like how the 39.99 chap puts it on my number for me, going back to prerogative that the potential of fraud looks as though it's coming from subscriber. these douche-bags should just send the pin like OP deal.

nevermind

WOW...YOU GUYS ARE ALL SUCKERS!! I WAS ONCE A SUCKER TOO...I BOUGHT SOME OF THESE 'HIGHLY DISCOUNTED PINS ON eBay" AND HAD MY TMOBILE ACCOUNT BALANCE WIPED OUT BECAUSE THE SELLER USED STOLEN CREDIT CARDS TO BUY THEM AND THEN RE-SOLD THEM...Virgin Mobile NO LONGER EVEN OFFERS WHOLESALER DISCOUNTS TO THE LEGIT CARD SELLERS LIKE CALLINGMART!!! DOWN THE ROAD EXPECT VM TO WIPE OUT YOUR BALANCE AND POSSIBLY EVEN CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNTS...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

IS YOUR KEYBOARD BROKE TOO?

I'm willing to go with my eBay guy - Leo - he seems legit (too many reviews; acct would have been taken down by now); as does this deal.I'll post in July if VM ever reneged, but I think it's alllll gooood.

hakujin said:   IS YOUR KEYBOARD BROKE TOO?

I'm willing to go with my eBay guy - Leo - he seems legit (too many reviews; acct would have been taken down by now); as does this deal.I'll post in July if VM ever reneged, but I think it's alllll gooood.

Does this eBay seller require phone# or does he email the pins. do you have a link to this seller.
So many people selling $60 VirginMobile refills last couple months. wonder if virgin's selling bulk at huge discounts or bunch or stolen cc#s or what. Dont think you can go by eBay seller's feedback. Most people claimed to have their accounts closed/suspended months after using the pins. feedback wouldnt show it.wonder if these are legit or what.

hakujin said:   IS YOUR KEYBOARD BROKE TOO?

Does this eBay seller require phone# or does he email the pins. do you have a link to this seller.
So many people selling $60 VirginMobile refills last couple months. wonder if virgin's selling bulk at huge discounts or bunch of stolen cc#s being used or what. Dont think you can go by eBay seller's feedback. Most people claimed to have their accounts closed/suspended months after using the pins. feedback wouldnt show it.wonder if these are legit or what.

like most, requires # but a stolen cc is a stolen cc, regardless of mail codes or don't mail codes. we'll see. feedback goes back to 2010 so i would think his acct would have been banned since then. anything can happen though; but i'm not going to stress out about things outside of my control. as it stands, i'm good through July @ ~$30/mo (for $45/mo plan). given the crappy DL speeds of Sprint's 3G network, I'm actually surprised 30/mo isn't the 'normal' price. lol

as an aside, how do you know callingmart has no skin in this? http://www.callingmart.com/order/wholesale.aspx

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014